Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: 2017 JGPF Ladies SP

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblossom View Post
    Pretty sure Jr Ladies aren't allowed 3a in SP, same as Jr Men aren't allowed quad in SP.
    Oh, so junior men can jump quads? But only in the long??
    Now that makes more sense.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rikaquegira View Post
    I think I need someone knowledgeable to enlighten me on what Juniors are allowed to do in their programs.
    I posted the junior Ladies requirements on the last page but here is a useful link that explains every required element for all levels of competitive IJS skating events.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/conte...SP%20Chart.pdf

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I posted the junior Ladies requirements on the last page but here is a useful link that explains every required element for all levels of competitive IJS skating events.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/conte...SP%20Chart.pdf
    Thank you, Sam!

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I keep going back and watching all the skates from last night. One thing that really stood out was Sasha's transition from big spender into jumping jack. Watch how she nails the 3f-3lo right into steps and then she transitions into the 3z via a well executed cantilever. Note the speed she gains from the crossovers into the cantilever. She gains so much speed and momentum and transfers it into her edges and even adds noticeable interpretation. When she lands the 3z it is as if she was already going directly into the choreography of jumping jack. The whole jumping pass has choreographical intent that compliments the music. This is why her scores are so high. She's attacking on so many fronts at the same time. The transitions include solid steps that also utilize her interpretation and mastery of the technical goods. I've time stamped the video to 1:44...watch it again and focus on how well she is boosting every PCS mark while showing the brilliance of the Composition.

https://youtu.be/RzPudHrgCSE?t=1m44s
    I was very impressed with her TR as well as the height on her jumps. She has a pretty good height for such a lil girl.

6 Not allowed!
    I agree with what others have said - this event was absolutely fabulous. All these girls are so talented. Hopefully the free goes as well.

Rika - it was a nice performance, honestly I was a little distracted during her performance, so maybe I should go back to watch it. So far, I enjoy her when I watch, but it doesn't leave that much of an impression on me. Of course YMMV. Looking forward to seeing the 3As though.

Sofia - I love how she sings while she performs. You can tell she really enjoys being out there. Very charming.

Daria - I like the program too, though she certainly isn't the strongest performer. Something about her just makes me like her. Great jumps.

Anastasia - I don't love her like some people here do, but that's really just personal taste. And she has so many great qualities that are super obvious. Great speed, awesome commitment to her programs, really cool transitions and spins. Such a unique personality and I think the programs are good choices for her. I may have just talked myself into being her fan.

Alena - The most sophisticated performance for sure. To think, she barely got a JGP spot.

Alexandra - AMAZING. She's so fantastic. What a star! I'm such a fan. Big Spender is a really inappropriate for someone her age, but I still enjoy the program and the second song is great. The style is a great fit for her. So much sass and charm. And those jumps are just wow.

Sasha is definitely my favourite junior lady - actually, maybe my favourite lady behind Evgenia and Kaetlyn. Sofia is probably my 2nd favourite - so charming. And then I've just connected with Dasha. But Alena and Anastasia are also fantastic and I enjoy watching them.

3 Not allowed!
    wow, I just finally watched the russian girls.. I am speechless. Wow!! I love Alexandra and Alena!!!
    Not only they all have great jumps but also they all have great twizzle.

Rinkside

6 Not allowed!
    It was said a lot about Big Spender for a 13 y.o. Let me, as a non-English speaker, say one thing. For many people, who are not good at English, it's just some juzzy melody,nothing age-inappropriate. Even more, when you say something rude or even curse in other language it doesn't sound so bad as in your native language. Like you can listen to Eminem in family places in non-English-speaking countries, but you can't do the same in the US, for examle.

I agree, as a skater who perfoms internationally on the highest level, she shouldn't have been given that music. I still think it was a sort of mistake more than bad taste.

By the way Sasha in SP remindes me Tallulah from Bugsy Malone musical.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by xabia View Post
    Totally agree. Whatever were her coaches thinking of? To ask a prepubescent child to skate to music which says "let me show you a good time" is irresponsible and frankly shocking.
    I totally agree. Neither the program not the costume were age appropriate at all... Ugh.

Corpses Can't Skate Spirals for Miles's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    What was wrong with the costume?

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    The level of skating was incredible there!

Love Trusova AND her Big Spender program!
    It is definitely not a song to be associated with a 13 year old, but the program is very well choreographed, she is doing great with it and I'm not going to think any less of it just because of the age-(in)appropriateness issue.
    From a purely musical perspective, it is very well interpreted, especially for a girl this young.

Kostornaia is such a beautiful skater! Incredibly mature and polished for a junior. As much as I like Alexandra, I think Alena deserved to be higher than her in PCS.

Unlike many others here, I don't like Tarakanova at all. She is very dynamic and expressive, but that is about it for me.
    I find her skating messy, no refinement whatsoever and her jumps are muscled and far from effortless.

Rika is another beautiful skater. I agree she seemed a little slower compared to the previous three, but she is such a total package and I liked her program too.
    Hope the brings the 3As in the free!

Banned

7 Not allowed!
    Take all the gold from the men senior and junior and give them to these ladies. They deserve all the golds.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by enzet View Post
    Unlike many others here, I don't like Tarakanova at all. She is very dynamic and expressive, but that is about it for me.
    I find her skating messy, no refinement whatsoever and her jumps are muscled and far from effortless.
    There is still hope in this forum.
    Thank you.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Junior ladies are required to do a solo double axel. (Single axel is not allowed in juniors and under the current rules would earn 0 points.)

Junior ladies are allowed to do 2-2, 3-2, or 3-3 combination. It would be legal to do a 3A in the combination (Mao Asada did this in juniors). But unless they can put a triple afterward and/or be guaranteed to fully rotate and earn high GOE, they're better off doing a different triple-triple if they can.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Skating has a very bright future!

My favorite skates were from Rika and Alena, but all of them were very good. Great event, and hope all of them rock the free.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20