2017 JGPF Ladies SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 JGPF Ladies SP

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I gasped with Ted at that combo :yahoo: That is an insanely good skate for 13yo

Sasha's 3F+3Lo broke Ted's commitment to not uttering a sound during the skate. He couldn't help letting out an "ohhhh.....!"

Such was the impressiveness of that combo.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I guess now it'd be a good time for Trusova to really consider the quad. Should she attempt it or risk falling on it, or just skip it and perform clean otherwise?

Even an ur quad with a fall still gets 6 points. Imho she will go for it and she will win it all.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Amazing event, and also well judged on the whole! I agree pretty much with all of the scores except for Trusova's: I feel the GOEs for her spins and step sequence at the beginning were a bit generous, as was the PCS. She is very dynamic and expressive and fast on the ice, but her movements always look a bit frantic and unrefined to me, plus her choreography was not defnitely an intricate one. Nothing to say about her jumping prowess, tough :clap:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I liked them all equally and each girl was so noticeably different from each other. Some days it pays to be a figure skating fan.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Agreed. But I still don't love her spins. Overall I still prefer Kostornaia in terms of pcs and overall refinement.

But Trusova does have the most difficult spins of the field for her SP in base value, also.

edit: Well, at least did in the past. Not sure if it's the case for this specific performance.

gioccia

On the Ice
All the girls were sensational... Kostornaya and Trusova are out of this world. I hope they will survive puberty. These girls are phenomenal! Is Kostornaya elligible for the senior circuit next year?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Even an ur quad with a fall still gets 6 points. Imho she will go for it and she will win it all.

But the thing with that is that Trusova hasn't shown that she can just brush it off... It's affected her interpretation in the past and made the rest of the program far less enjoyable to watch. Maybe it'd theoretically be worth it when it comes to points but hm... At least in the last JGP she got really low PCS when she fell her quad, also.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
well, regardless of our tastes, those ladies really did not left much on the table points-wise

personally, I have the strongest reaction for Alena Kostornaia - she already captures quite good the spirit of the music and essence of the movement designed for it, relying more on her body expressiveness than her face. Her integration and control of movement is quite impressive at that age. And she's very overall polished and elegant in presentation.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Amazing event, and also well judged on the whole! I agree pretty much with all of the scores except for Trusova's: I feel the GOEs for her spins and step sequence at the beginning were a bit generous, as was the PCS. She is very dynamic and expressive and fast on the ice, but her movements always look a bit frantic and unrefined to me, plus her choreography was not defnitely an intricate one. Nothing to say about her jumping prowess, tough :clap:

Agreed with everything. I guess the judges got overexcited with one amazing performance after the other and simply enjoyed the moment, like the olympics or something. I can't blame them today. That event was just brilliant.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
All the girls were sensational... Kostornaya and Trusova are out of this world. I hope they will survive puberty. These girls are phenomenal! Is Kostornaya elligible for the senior circuit next year?

No. Trusova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova are not.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sasha’s 3f-3lo was the highlight for me but I really think the exit where Tarakanova grabs the skate blade and makes that pivot out of her 3z is extremely impressive. I’ve been hyping it up all year and knowing it was coming during her skate had me all worried...she almost missed it at the last event I watched her in and had to make a save.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Trusova clearly leads, though I am not sure that I enjoyed her perform as much as the judges. Especially for Tarakanova, her jumps are powerful but...wild, and her skating looks rushed to me. Rika should be in third. And Sofia should receive higher score.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Trusova has an almost 10 point FS BV headstart on Alena (if 4S isn't carroted). Only one close to her FS BV is Rika with her two 3As. In fact, Trusova has the highest combined BV of all ladies, junior or senior. A -3Lo combo and backloading everything but a quad does that.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

No she isn't. She turned 14 after July 1st, so she's in the same age group as Tarakanova and Trusova. The others can.

Kittosuni

Medalist
The highlights for me are

Kostarnaya overall performance

Trusova combo jump and 2Axel

Tarakanova's 3lz including in and out transitions

Great skate by everyone!

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Wonder how many senior ladies will surpass Trusova's score :handw:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
The highlights for me are

Kostarnaya overall performance

Trusova combo jump and 2Axel

Tarakanova's 3lz including in and out transitions

Great skate by everyone!

Good list and pretty accurate. I'd add Tarakanova's final spin, personally.