2017 JGPF Ladies SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 JGPF Ladies SP

lavoix

Match Penalty
I think Juniors need to have a 2A in the SP. And she can't do a 2A AND a 3A. (I don't know where I read that, but I think that's the rule).

(someone will soon correct me if I'm wrong) :laugh:

Obviously she wouldn't do both the 2A and 3A, but substitute the 2A with the 3A

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I think Juniors need to have a 2A in the SP. And she can't do a 2A AND a 3A. (I don't know where I read that, but I think that's the rule).

The official explanation was that Rika Kihira was hampered by regulations, which may be referring to this rule. Rika Kihira included two triple axels instead in the free program when she won the junior national championships.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
The official explanation was that Rika Kihira was hampered by regulations, which may be referring to this rule. Rika Kihira included two triple axels in the free program when she won the junior national championships.
Yes.
I'm not even sure if she can do a 3A3T2T in the FS, along with another 3A.
I think she can only do one 3A.
Now... Men can't do quads in junior(so I heard) but Trusova can do 4S? This is confusing.
Maybe Trusova can do a 4S because she's not doing 3As? I don't know.
I think I need someone knowledgeable to enlighten me on what Juniors are allowed to do in their programs. [emoji23]

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pretty sure Jr Ladies aren't allowed 3a in SP, same as Jr Men aren't allowed quad in SP.

Sasha can’t do her quad in the short either.

Here are the required elements in the SP for junior ladies.

Junior Ladies Short Program Requirements

Axel or Double Axel

Double or Triple Lutz
Immediately preceded by connecting steps

Jump Combination Double/Double, Double/Triple or Triple/Triple
May not repeat double Axel or solo jump

Spin Flying Camel Spin (Min. 8 rev.)

Layback or Sideways Leaning Spin (Min. 8 rev.)

Spin Combination
With only 1 change of foot and all 3 basic positions or any variation thereof
No Flying Entry
Min. 6 rev. each foot,
Min. 2 rev. in pos.

Leveled Step Seq

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Alba

Record Breaker
I keep going back and watching all the skates from last night. One thing that really stood out was Sasha's transition from big spender into jumping jack. Watch how she nails the 3f-3lo right into steps and then she transitions into the 3z via a well executed cantilever. Note the speed she gains from the crossovers into the cantilever. She gains so much speed and momentum and transfers it into her edges and even adds noticeable interpretation. When she lands the 3z it is as if she was already going directly into the choreography of jumping jack. The whole jumping pass has choreographical intent that compliments the music. This is why her scores are so high. She's attacking on so many fronts at the same time. The transitions include solid steps that also utilize her interpretation and mastery of the technical goods. I've time stamped the video to 1:44...watch it again and focus on how well she is boosting every PCS mark while showing the brilliance of the Composition.

https://youtu.be/RzPudHrgCSE?t=1m44s

I was very impressed with her TR as well as the height on her jumps. She has a pretty good height for such a lil girl.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I agree with what others have said - this event was absolutely fabulous. All these girls are so talented. Hopefully the free goes as well.

Rika - it was a nice performance, honestly I was a little distracted during her performance, so maybe I should go back to watch it. So far, I enjoy her when I watch, but it doesn't leave that much of an impression on me. Of course YMMV. Looking forward to seeing the 3As though.

Sofia - I love how she sings while she performs. You can tell she really enjoys being out there. Very charming.

Daria - I like the program too, though she certainly isn't the strongest performer. Something about her just makes me like her. Great jumps.

Anastasia - I don't love her like some people here do, but that's really just personal taste. And she has so many great qualities that are super obvious. Great speed, awesome commitment to her programs, really cool transitions and spins. Such a unique personality and I think the programs are good choices for her. I may have just talked myself into being her fan.

Alena - The most sophisticated performance for sure. To think, she barely got a JGP spot.

Alexandra - AMAZING. She's so fantastic. What a star! I'm such a fan. Big Spender is a really inappropriate for someone her age, but I still enjoy the program and the second song is great. The style is a great fit for her. So much sass and charm. And those jumps are just wow.

Sasha is definitely my favourite junior lady - actually, maybe my favourite lady behind Evgenia and Kaetlyn. Sofia is probably my 2nd favourite - so charming. And then I've just connected with Dasha. But Alena and Anastasia are also fantastic and I enjoy watching them.

ks777

Record Breaker
wow, I just finally watched the russian girls.. I am speechless. Wow!! I love Alexandra and Alena!!!
Not only they all have great jumps but also they all have great twizzle.

jajoana

On the Ice
It was said a lot about Big Spender for a 13 y.o. Let me, as a non-English speaker, say one thing. For many people, who are not good at English, it's just some juzzy melody,nothing age-inappropriate. Even more, when you say something rude or even curse in other language it doesn't sound so bad as in your native language. Like you can listen to Eminem in family places in non-English-speaking countries, but you can't do the same in the US, for examle.

I agree, as a skater who perfoms internationally on the highest level, she shouldn't have been given that music. I still think it was a sort of mistake more than bad taste.

By the way Sasha in SP remindes me Tallulah from Bugsy Malone musical.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Totally agree. Whatever were her coaches thinking of? To ask a prepubescent child to skate to music which says "let me show you a good time" is irresponsible and frankly shocking.

I totally agree. Neither the program not the costume were age appropriate at all... Ugh.

enzet

On the Ice
The level of skating was incredible there!

Love Trusova AND her Big Spender program!
It is definitely not a song to be associated with a 13 year old, but the program is very well choreographed, she is doing great with it and I'm not going to think any less of it just because of the age-(in)appropriateness issue.
From a purely musical perspective, it is very well interpreted, especially for a girl this young.

Kostornaia is such a beautiful skater! Incredibly mature and polished for a junior. As much as I like Alexandra, I think Alena deserved to be higher than her in PCS.

Unlike many others here, I don't like Tarakanova at all. She is very dynamic and expressive, but that is about it for me.
I find her skating messy, no refinement whatsoever and her jumps are muscled and far from effortless.

Rika is another beautiful skater. I agree she seemed a little slower compared to the previous three, but she is such a total package and I liked her program too.
Hope the brings the 3As in the free!

Ender

Match Penalty
Take all the gold from the men senior and junior and give them to these ladies. They deserve all the golds.

tars

Record Breaker
Unlike many others here, I don't like Tarakanova at all. She is very dynamic and expressive, but that is about it for me.
I find her skating messy, no refinement whatsoever and her jumps are muscled and far from effortless.
There is still hope in this forum.
Thank you. :thumbsup:

gkelly

Record Breaker
Junior ladies are required to do a solo double axel. (Single axel is not allowed in juniors and under the current rules would earn 0 points.)

Junior ladies are allowed to do 2-2, 3-2, or 3-3 combination. It would be legal to do a 3A in the combination (Mao Asada did this in juniors). But unless they can put a triple afterward and/or be guaranteed to fully rotate and earn high GOE, they're better off doing a different triple-triple if they can.

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
Skating has a very bright future!

My favorite skates were from Rika and Alena, but all of them were very good. Great event, and hope all of them rock the free. :hap10: