Camden Pulkinen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Camden Pulkinen

Katie J

On the Ice
Didn't Camden say something after his FS he would end up 7th ? Well he became 6th - congratulations all the same to him. I was feeling the music in his slow part, he enhanced the music with his skating !
And a good recovery for Alexei Krashnoshon, it was a bad fall in his 4 S ( he was forced to withdraw), he twisted his right ankle.

icetug

Medalist
I love his Chopin FS :luv17: Wonderful redemption. And he will stay junior next year, hope at JW 2019 we see him on a podium.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Quad Axel Attempt

Camden just uploaded his 4A attempt (on the pole) on Instagram.

"I know it’s not nearly perfect, and it is on the pole, but it’s only day 1 of trying this jump! As the sport progresses, the #QuadAxel may be a necessary element! 😂 And as @coachtomz says, this is one of my “Goals!” 😎

What do you guys think?

Zenchio63

Final Flight
holy moly!! I hope he doesn’t get hurt though

That's what many of his fans are commenting and worried about on Twitter. I am not familiar with Camden's jumps (rotations and consistency) and am asking any of the fans who are more knowledgeable if you think he can achieve it before Yuzu? I have a ton of respect for Yuzu and think he is a great skater but I'm looking forward to having an American skater beat him to it. It makes men's FS so much more exciting.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Has Camden ever successfully landed any other quads in competition?

It doesn't look like it. Just finished watching his JWC videos. He did stumble on some jumps but has really good height. Post #16 listed his JWC planned program, which does not include quads. Previous posts mentioned that he trains quads and wanted to show them at Junior Worlds. So he may be landing them in practice, but hasn't had the opportunity to try them out in competition. Camden has loads of charm and musicality. Tom Dickson choreography is superb. Just hope he can get the jump basics like speed, rotation, and landing down before he pursues the 4A and cause possible injury.

icetug

Medalist
His 3A+3T combination at JWC was superb and this shows a lot of potential, both for quads and even 4A. What doesn't mean that we will see his 4A in the near future. Hope for quads however :)

I must say that I like the role of social media in skaters development ;). I mean Eteri girls can compete with each other on a daily basis, just watching their rink mates, while top junior male skaters encourage themselves by instagram/twitter posts. I remember how great reception from other skaters had one of Conrad Orzel's instagram posts where he showed his successful quad attempts (including 4Lz). These young men just compete this way :luv17:

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Camden finished second for the Championship Round at the Aerial Challenge earlier today.

Clip of his jump from the Aerial Challenge.

Picture from Aerial Challenge FB page, and cuterskaters Instagram.

Per Aerial Challenge tweet, Camden won the $500 biggest jump bonus. He was in the air for 0.72 seconds.

Correction made to placement. Thanks, Ice Coverage.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Camden finished third for the Championship Round at the Aerial Challenge earlier today.

…. Per Aerial Challenge tweet, Camden won the t[FONT=&]he $500 biggest jump bonus. [/FONT][FONT=&]He was in the air for 0.72 seconds. [/FONT]

Camden actually finished second in the Championship Round of Aerial Challenge.

At the medal ceremony, Tom Z garbled second and third for the men's comp.

Camden's Insta story has the results sheet, on which he commented: "What an awesome event! Finished second!!!"

Camden also won Broadmoor Open SP and FS, and placed second in Peggy Fleming Trophy.

Congratulations to him for a very successful week. :bow: :yay:

ETA (on Jun 25):

More than 24 hours after the event, Aerial Challenge finally published an official retraction to correct the men's placements. The retraction states that Camden placed second and Jordan third.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...al-Challenge&p=2122923&viewfull=1#post2122923