United-States
Unfortunately Camden had a redux of JGPF :cry:

Going to JW may be in jeopardy :sad21:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Camden will get to go to Junior Worlds camp and the team will be decided afterwards. So there's still a chance! He has high scoring potential if he can keep his nerves under control. I hope he can get a spot!
Source: https://usfsa.org/story?id=92108&type=media

Here's an article with some quotes from Camden:

Like Hiwatashi, Pulkinen and Torgashev train at Colorado Springs’ World Arena. Pulkinen, the 2018 U.S. champion who made his U.S. senior debut in Detroit, loves the intensely competitive environment.

“There is no day that’s easy, you’re always going to have someone who is going to lay it down,” the 18-year-old, who placed fifth at December’s Junior Grand Prix Final, said. “If you are not the one, then Vincent, Andrew, Timoki is going to lay it down. You never get a time to say, ‘I’ll take a breather at the boards.’”

Thus far, Pulkinen has been known more for his artistry and musical interpretation than for his quadruple jumps. He’s working with coaches Tom Zakrajsek and Tammy Gambill to add quads to his repertoire next season.

“I have a lot of goals,” he said. “I would love to go to Junior Worlds and medal, maybe win. I want a Grand Prix assignment (next season). I need better spins, improved choreography, so many things.”

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...are-there-any-other-u-s-figure-skating-stars/

Katie J

On the Ice
Thanks Camden for the German "dankeschön" in the MK - Blades - Video (link above reposted by RemyRose )!
I am so glad you made the team for Junior Worlds, I long to see your art on ice. Good luck, wish you two perfect performances !

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Camden at the upcoming Jr Worlds! :hap10::hap10:

Camden is one of my favorites among the current US skaters. :) For some reason he reminds me of very young Daisuke Takahashi, pre-Morozov Dai so to speak before he developed his own skating style, who was heavily expected to win some titles soon by JSF but just couldn't bear the pressure during competitions thus failed to produce any good results at senior circuit... In his teen already had pretty good basics and skating skills, very musical and expressive, mature for his age, but a little fragile competitive nerve-wise. Everyone around him said 'If Dai ever can hit all jumps at competitions, everything he does on ice should be just magical. He's a raw diamond with such potential, but his heart is only made of a glass...' No one can be a Plushenko overnight. It takes time to be mature and fully competitive while controling nerve. It was his 4th season to be competitive at the senior's elite level for Dai with assitance by Nikolai kicking his butt. ;) I hope Camden will find his own way to control nerve by taking time as he needs. :)

Katie J

On the Ice
Great, Camden, leader after the SP of Junior Worlds 2019 !!
Keep calm. I wish you all the best.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great, Camden, leader after the SP of Junior Worlds 2019 !!
Keep calm. I wish you all the best.

Keep calm indeed.....

Also I have press conference notes that I need to either find written up already or type them up myself. They were given to me by someone working at this event by text message.

I should also have some pictures to post (amateur of course). Only from today and this coming up Friday since I missed the American guys practice yesterday :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This GoldenSkate article is similar to my text message:

“I know there was a little mistake with the spin on levels, so I know I can be even better than I was today,” he said. “The competition was fantastic, so many skated a clean programs and am very happy I was able to end up at the top today and am looking forward to the long program.”

“Today what helped me was knowing that I trusted my ability with the work that me and Stephane Lambiel have done with the short program over the summer,” said the JGP Czech Skate silver medalist. “I know that if I can skate that well, I could be at the podium for the short, so that is how it was today. I am going to carry out that momentum into the free program with having the trust in the work that I have done home with Tom Dickson on the choreography side of things and with my coach Tom Zakrajsek on the technical side of things.”

“It is all about the trust,” Pulkinen summed up. “What will differentiate the first through ninth place is their ability to believe in themselves.”

When asked what he would like to see changed in the ISU rules regarding the Junior Short Program, he said he would like to see a choreographed spin.

“I think that would be really fun and different,” said Pulkinen. “A good addition.

Source: https://goldenskate.com/2019/03/camden-in-true-form-at-junior-worlds//

There is one more paragraph she gave me. I will type it up and update this post in a few hours.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Fingers crossed for his FS... he does have an issue with consistency and delivering two clean programs together. If everyone competed like they did in SP, there is so little margin for errors, but that's rather doubtful, with many trying to go for quads, and not everyone will succeed...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Camden. Well at least it looked like he fought and did not give up! But I would love it if he can develop some consistency and find a better way to deal with his nerves. He's too good for these meltdowns :(

noskates

Record Breaker
I would love it if Camden left Tom Z. He has all the goods but he's skating with his head instead of his feet.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This GoldenSkate article is similar to my text message:

Source: https://goldenskate.com/2019/03/camden-in-true-form-at-junior-worlds//

There is one more paragraph she gave me. I will type it up and update this post in a few hours.

Here's the the last paragraph to the presser:

On the junior ladies doing quadruple jumps
"I think it is the testament to how the sport is growing. There is no limit with how far it could go, we may see juniors in 10 years doing quints. The sky is the limit and it is amazing that these girls are doing quad lutz, quad toe, quad flip, triple axel, everything. If we look at 5 years ago, It was unknown to see a girl to even try a quad or a triple axel."