Team Eteri Tutberidze

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yeah, happy birthday Eteri, and congrats for building a great team!:party:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Happy birthday, Eteri Georgievna! Wishing new victories to your team!

The Finn

Record Breaker
It will be very interesting to see if above girls can make it to the Russian JGP team next season. It will be very difficult for them because Panenkova didn't even make it to the Russian junior championships and Zagitova was only 9th there.

NaVi

Medalist
Man I wonder that kind of feelings Anna Tsareva has of Eteri as Eteri has aquired another one of her skaters.

Pretty sure their close friends... Tsareva wouldn't be there without Eteri.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would guess it's not a big deal; Tsareva has surely acquired students from other coaches herself. There is always some "churn" with skaters moving around to be expected when you have these big teams, especially at the lower levels, and the coach probably doesn't dwell on it for too long, unless they had a particularly close bond with the skater.

Alexei Erokhov's FS from today...he had to stop & fix his skate hook, and we see Adian watching the competition with some friends (at about 1:49). I think Alexei lost his focus after that, unfortunately. By the way, I was looking at his page on FSkate.ru and I found it interesting that he used to be coached by Ilia Klimkin until 2010/11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tFrPXekl-k

And here's Ilia's FS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3pfyC1xBDg

tulosai

Record Breaker
I would guess it's not a big deal; Tsareva has surely acquired students from other coaches herself. There is always some "churn" with skaters moving around to be expected when you have these big teams, especially at the lower levels, and the coach probably doesn't dwell on it for too long, unless they had a particularly close bond with the skater.

This- a lot of the lower level skaters tend to move around quite a bit just depending on various factors and there are fewer barriers in general to their doing so since the funding invested in them is considerably lower (typically at this point those with the very most promise will have basic expenses covered by a combination of local club sources and the fed but it's nothing like the money invested in and given to the best skaters at the junior level and above); and furthermore it's as possible as anything else that Tsareva herself didn't want her anymore, for which there could again be a wide variety of reasons.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like the part where it said "suddenly over the loudspeaker was announced "Alina you are not invited to the warm-up group". :rofl:

I can't make sense out of this either :eek::

Roman09

Final Flight
"Alina you are not invited to the warm-up group"

Not exactly. They just didn't give her a chance for making warm-up due to a sudden withdrawal of a previous participant. She was caused to the ice immediately, and when she started to unroll on ice, she was roughly called "Alina Zagitova, you are invited not to warm up!"

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not exactly. They just didn't give her a chance for making warm-up due to a sudden withdrawal of a previous participant. She was caused to the ice immediately, and when she started to unroll on ice, she was roughly called "Alina Zagitova, you are invited not to warm up!"

Wow, I know these are kids at a lower level, but to not allow someone to warm up is just wrong, and can even be quite dangerous

Roman09

Final Flight
I'm very glad for the to the birth of a new star in Eteri's team - Alina Zagitova! 194.37 - the second sum in the history among juniors, and already at a debut stage! It seems that my post #18 in this thread was prophetical :scratch2:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Anna Scherbakova scored today 124.56 in her FS at the Zhuk Memorial. Her TES was 68.16. She won the competition. Video will appear shortly