Team Eteri Tutberidze | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Team Eteri Tutberidze

Meoima

Match Penalty
These girls jumping quad combos are amazing. But I am quite skeptical about it because they're as tiny as Liza Tursyn who also does 4S3T in practice at CC.
They can't keep the girl to be small forever. Quads in ladies are too new... there's no precedence except several ladies in the past and they didn't succeed much with quads

Last edited by a moderator:

adelia

Record Breaker
These girls jumping quad combos are amazing. But I am quite skeptical about it because they're as tiny as Liza Tursyn who also does 4S3T in practice at CC.
They can't keep the girl to be small forever. Quads in ladies are too new... there's no precedence except several ladies in the past and they didn't succeed much with quads

They won't stay reed thin after the final stage of puberty so the strategy is to delay the grow spurt as long as possible and to win as many medals as possible before the final growth spurt happens

Meoima

Match Penalty
They won't stay reed thin after the final stage of puberty so the strategy is to delay the grow spurt as long as possible and to win as many medals as possible before the final growth spurt happens

How can Eteri keep these quad girls tiny for the next 5 years though? They're not old enough for 2018. They will have to wait for 2022.

adelia

Record Breaker
How can Eteri keep these quad girls tiny for the next 5 years though? They're not old enough for 2018. They will have to wait for 2022.

She doesn't need all to stay tiny, just one. She has several.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
There are others, just wait. It's a factory

This is what your previous comment made me think of. It's a factory and the items with defect get discarded without a second thought given. :shocked: Is that really what this is?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Does it still need to be said that this is a fan thread for Eteri's team? There are plenty of other places where you can post your negativity.

Of course not everyone can retain their jumps until they get to seniors. But nobody will ever do a quad if they don't try it and practice it first. So nobody should even bother trying? This is hardly unique to Eteri's skaters. She has a huge team and can afford to lose skaters, that's obvious, but so what? Not every coaching environment suits everyone and there is a huge demand to train with her. So what is she to do in that situation? There isn't time to coddle everyone. She's got men in her team who have been there for years & accomplished next to nothing, and they are allowed to stay.

Moris's comments from a recent interview(Google translate isn't great, but I think it's clear enough):

- First impressions of Tutberidze?

- Severity. I remember, at the first training session she showed me everything, I wanted to be taken to me - and then all the same I learned everything again. It turned out that everything that I had worked before is unstable. Then something did not work out, and Eteree Georgievna said: "Or we work, or ..." - and points at the door.

The inner strength, the core of it, the character is strong. She does not give herself a slack. I have never seen Eteri Georgievna, for example, sick.

- We know how Tutberidze works with the students. What is her approach to the students?

- Yes, the same, we just treat this differently. Patient, probably. I saw those who escaped from Eteri Georgievna, but everyone left, no one drove anyone away. "Go away, there will not be more of you here," I do not know such cases. Although for nine years of working with Eteri Georgievna everything happened: I was brought up, and I, of course.

Call it a factory if you want, but the demand is there for good reason, and it's not going to die down any time soon.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
That was very impressive. She must be back after a very bad injury because she didn't compete this season

Oh, that's why she didn't compete? I thought she didn't compete because of the bad results like Shuboderova or Mitrofanova showed. Thanks for information.