Team Eteri Tutberidze | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Team Eteri Tutberidze

hanyuyuzuru1207

Match Penalty
So i noticed Eteri and Zhenya always wear cross pendants to competitions. I think they r Christian? Who else in Team Eteri r christians and wear cross necklaces?

hanyuyuzuru1207

Match Penalty
Hey in wikipedia it says Grand Prixes are open to 14 year olds, but world championships and other major events like olympics and euro are open to 15 year old and the cutline is 1st July .

So does that mean 14 year old can participate in GP if they trun 14 before 1st of July before GP starts?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hey in wikipedia it says Grand Prixes are open to 14 year olds, but world championships and other major events like olympics and euro are open to 15 year old and the cutline is 1st July .

So does that mean 14 year old can participate in GP if they trun 14 before 1st of July before GP starts?

No, that rule changed a few years ago.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I'm always curious what the off-ice relationships are like between the girls on Team Tutberidze - Zhenya, Alina, Sasha, Alena, Anna, Polina, etc.. At the very least, they all seem respectful and supportive of each other, and there are no open tensions, as far as I can tell. But what are the "clicks," for lack of a better word? Are any of them particularly tight friends beyond just being training colleagues? (For example, most notably, I know people try to force the narrative of Zhenya and Alina being best friends and/or rivals, though not sure how true either is.)

Part of it is that I love the distinctiveness of their personalities - the dramatic/comedic disposition of Zhenya; the competitive fierceness of Alina; the lean athleticism, shyness, quirkiness, and smiley-ness of Sasha; the sprightliness of Alena; the grace of Anna; the warmth and maturity of Polina, etc.. It makes me wonder how such unique and remarkable girls relate with each other off the ice.

madison

Record Breaker
I'm always curious what the off-ice relationships are like between the girls on Team Tutberidze - Zhenya, Alina, Sasha, Alena, Anna, Polina, etc.. At the very least, they all seem respectful and supportive of each other, and there are no open tensions, as far as I can tell. But what are the "clicks," for lack of a better word? Are any of them particularly tight friends beyond just being training colleagues? (For example, most notably, I know people try to force the narrative of Zhenya and Alina being best friends and/or rivals, though not sure how true either is.)

Part of it is that I love the distinctiveness of their personalities - the dramatic/comedic disposition of Zhenya; the competitive fierceness of Alina; the lean athleticism, shyness, quirkiness, and smiley-ness of Sasha; the sprightliness of Alena; the grace of Anna; the warmth and maturity of Polina, etc.. It makes me wonder how such unique and remarkable girls relate with each other off the ice.

the dramatic/comedic disposition of Zhenya; the competitive fierceness of Alina??
I think it's the way around.:confused:

DougDorsey

On the Ice
the dramatic/comedic disposition of Zhenya; the competitive fierceness of Alina??
I think it's the way around.:confused:

Ha. I agree that Zhenya is also competitively fierce, almost deceptively so. But Alina having the performative dramatic/comedic attributes that Zhenya does, both on and off the ice? I don't see it. Anyway, I didn't mean for that to sidetrack from my main question : ).

hollyho

On the Ice
Watching competition videos - I notice that every time the skaters come off - Eteri talks to them for quite a bit. Does anyone know if she is giving them an immediate debrief of the performance (mistakes etc), or more generic encouragement/congratulations?

Iris81

On the Ice
Watching competition videos - I notice that every time the skaters come off - Eteri talks to them for quite a bit. Does anyone know if she is giving them an immediate debrief of the performance (mistakes etc), or more generic encouragement/congratulations?

Based on what is possible to hear when the sound is good - she immediately tells them their mistakes. Also sometimes it's obvious from her poses and gestures - sometimes she imitates some parts of the programs that were executed with flaws. :)

hollyho

On the Ice
Based on what is possible to hear when the sound is good - she immediately tells them their mistakes. Also sometimes it's obvious from her poses and gestures - sometimes she imitates some parts of the programs that were executed with flaws. :)

Thanks! Lol, no wonder sometimes some of the skaters look glazed over, and a bit like wishing she would stop talking. :laugh: