Australian National Championships, 02–09 December 2017 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Australian National Championships, 02–09 December 2017

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan had his work cut out for him today too. Landed a stunning 4T-3T in the warmup, then started off his program with...2T. Then 3S. Then 2F. And it was like, oy. But he rallied and pushed himself and landed some beautiful 3As and gorgeous 3Lzs. I thought the score was about right.

The skate of the day went to Andrew Dodds, however. He was absolutely, mesmerisingly stunning. Only popped one jump, and another wonky landing, but the rest was outstanding, and he absolutely lived within the music. I thought it well-deserved that he had the highest PCS of the day. No signs of fatigue late in the program either, in spite of this being his fourth competitive skate in four days.

Mark Webster might yet prove to be the Australian Voronov. He landed one good 3A and fell on the other, but the rest of his jumps were mostly pretty good and his programs are very good also (though sadly, less voidy than last year's - no ring tones this year).

James and Jordan both skated a bit tense and it showed up in their errors. Charlton Doherty was an absolute revelation, I hadn't seen him skate in some time and wow has he ever been working hard. He was brilliant, I was so impressed. Giuseppe showed the toll of doing both Junior and Senior.

For the ladies, Kailani of course was the star and was just about perfect (just a popped Axel in the FS). Amelia Jackson also had two very nice skates. I thought Katie Pasfield was a little off from normal but she pushed through and her performance quality remained high. I imagine Amelia might get sent out to find the TES minimums for 4CC.

Predicted 4CC team:

MEN
Brendan Kerry
Andrew Dodds*
Mark Webster

LADIES
Kailani Craine
Brooklee Han
Amelia Jackson**

PAIRS
Katia Alexandrovskaya/Harley Windsor

ICE DANCE
Chantelle Kerry/Andrew Dodds*
Kimberley Hew-Low/Timothy McKernan

* It is my understanding that Andrew fully intends to continue as both a singles skater and a dancer. (I can understand why. He was on mega form today.)

** Pending TES.

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
I can't find videos of yesterday's ladies' short and today's pairs', ladies' and men's free programs on Facebook. Weren't they streamed? Or they haven't been uploaded yet. Can anybody explain?

figureskaterfan1

Spectator
Brendan had his work cut out for him today too. Landed a stunning 4T-3T in the warmup, then started off his program with...2T. Then 3S. Then 2F. And it was like, oy. But he rallied and pushed himself and landed some beautiful 3As and gorgeous 3Lzs. I thought the score was about right.

The skate of the day went to Andrew Dodds, however. He was absolutely, mesmerisingly stunning. Only popped one jump, and another wonky landing, but the rest was outstanding, and he absolutely lived within the music. I thought it well-deserved that he had the highest PCS of the day. No signs of fatigue late in the program either, in spite of this being his fourth competitive skate in four days.

Mark Webster might yet prove to be the Australian Voronov. He landed one good 3A and fell on the other, but the rest of his jumps were mostly pretty good and his programs are very good also (though sadly, less voidy than last year's - no ring tones this year).

James and Jordan both skated a bit tense and it showed up in their errors. Charlton Doherty was an absolute revelation, I hadn't seen him skate in some time and wow has he ever been working hard. He was brilliant, I was so impressed. Giuseppe showed the toll of doing both Junior and Senior.

For the ladies, Kailani of course was the star and was just about perfect (just a popped Axel in the FS). Amelia Jackson also had two very nice skates. I thought Katie Pasfield was a little off from normal but she pushed through and her performance quality remained high. I imagine Amelia might get sent out to find the TES minimums for 4CC.

Predicted 4CC team:

MEN
Brendan Kerry
Andrew Dodds*
Mark Webster

LADIES
Kailani Craine
Brooklee Han
Amelia Jackson**

PAIRS
Katia Alexandrovskaya/Harley Windsor

ICE DANCE
Chantelle Kerry/Andrew Dodds*
Kimberley Hew-Low/Timothy McKernan

* It is my understanding that Andrew fully intends to continue as both a singles skater and a dancer. (I can understand why. He was on mega form today.)

** Pending TES.

Amelia Jackson got the LP TES at Finlandia

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

My understanding is that she's missing the SP TES - remembering that Senior TES must be earned at Senior events, and Junior TES must be earned as a Junior; the rule that Junior scores could be used for Senior events was scrapped two seasons ago.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice

Looking at Jackson's short program results from Finlandia, she is still 1.66 points shy of the minimum TES.

I am guessing it won't be too long until she gets it, as she has been including the triple salchow and the triple loop in her senior short programs of late.

Pauli

Spectator
I was very impressed with her at nationals. Although not quiet there with the triple jumps she certainly has great presence on the ice and is a very elegant skater. Seems the photographers like her too . She is also the only other junior skater with junior world TES looking at the documents. I hope they are sending her overseas for some training

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Has Brooklee Han been automatically named to the Four Continents team? Or will she have to do another event prior, to monitor if she is ready enough to compete?

I believe she withdrew from Nationals due to injury.

composer

On the Ice
Hi, I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to ask here ... but has anyone seen karne around? I was expecting her to be all over US Nationals but have seen nothing for more than a week.