Andrew Torgashev | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Andrew Torgashev

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great comps for Andrew!:clap:

Although I believe his SP is the Clair de Lune mashup. Which still needs to grow on me, although I am sure it will;)

zebobes

Final Flight
Yeah, Camden has the Caruso, Andrew has the Clair de Lune.

Here is his performance. https://www.instagram.com/p/BzR86Qll2P2/ Thought I was questioning his decision to self-choreograph, I loved it. Such a different look, and so much expression. If he has a solid Triple Axel, this will be commanding on the JGP, I can't see anyone having higher PCS score than him.

icetug

Medalist

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Andrew T. will be at the Philadelphia International.

And I will see him skate if he is!:yahoo:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew was in fact there and is leading after the SP:hap10:

And that SP is simply engrossing. He choreographed *that*? :eek::clap: the beginning of the step sequence just seizes you, and in a small rink with the loud clap of music, hard to put into words. He was dramatic Andrew T. and I am here for it :love:

Now to see what he does tomorrow :hap85:

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must have been hiding under a rock. I had no idea he did his own choreography. I’m very impressed.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must have been hiding under a rock. I had no idea he did his own choreography. I’m very impressed.

Isn’t it amazing? I admit, when I first read he was going to do his own choreo, I was nervous, but those programs were sophisticated and challenging and a joy to watch.:clap:

I also just read somewhere (maybe Skating magazine, I’m sorry I can’t remember now) where he said he and Tomoki were fooling around and came up with the hitch kick jump that starts the StSeq in the SP.

Some fooling around:agree:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sure that Andrew had hoped for better results at the JGP in Riga, but in my opinion, he was the class of the field in skating skills, performance and spins. He should have gotten *all* the PCS:biggrin:

As Ted Barton said "I love to watch this young man skate".

Hopefully he'll land a few more of those jumps in the next comp:agree:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I thought his FS showed some great progress. He stayed on his feet for the 4toe and more importantly, he did not fall apart after the fall on the 3A.

And the step sequence is just wonderful.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew is in second place after the SP at JGP Croatia, and well deserved too:hap10:

Of course, his skating skills and expression were the class of the field, and he also skated clean:clap: As Ted said, his talent is "huge" and he just needs to nail those elements to keep his confidence strong. When his confidence is strong, he is mesmerizing.

And here is the SP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTPiaUrGRI

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew came in 4th in Zagreb, just beating Gogolev. I was impressed with his performance level even though not all his jumps were there. He is showing more fight in the FS, so hope this is a turning point for him.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew is entered to skate at the Asian Open Challenger in late October :hap10:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
An article in the US Figure Skating Fan Zone on Andrew:

The Art of Skating with Andrew Torgashev

Andrew says about his programs: "Both programs allow me to be original and not be ordinary." As if Andrew could ever be ordinary;)

Andrew skates this week in the Asian Open. :hap10: