Andrew Torgashev | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Andrew Torgashev

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Torgashev has withdrawn from the JGP Final and Stephen Gogolev will replace him. :scratch2:

:sad4: :sad4: :sad4:

I haven’t seen any posting from Andrew on IG or posting elsewhere for the reason for the WD.

:sad4:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Oh Andrew... those step outs! Argh. Well, I'll say, considering his mental block the past few seasons plus injuries that just won't go away, I'm glad he more or less seems to have stopped popping jumps now at least- thank goodness for that. Hopefully we'll see a much more confident Andrew next season. :pray:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:hap57:

Oh please please please let there be a video somewhere. I need a good version of Roxanne in my life:hap85:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Also needing a video of the FS badly. So happy to see him continually make progress this past season; hope he can conquer that pesky 3A next.

livetoskate

On the Ice
There's an official Egna trophy video of the entire event somewhere on youtube. You'll have to scroll through to find Andrew's free skate, but it's somewhere in there. He did great! Happy for his success!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If I am not mistaken, Andrew and his mother seem to be teaching together at the USFS acceleration summit (formerly known as components camp).
Or maybe officially it is his mother "teaching", with Andrew "demonstrating" for her class?

Anyway, sweet. :ghug:

(Andrew is in fifth photo.)

s_parks

Record Breaker
Andrew has announced his programs for 2019-20::hap10:

SP- Bloodstream by Tokio Myers
FP- Puccini's "Tosca" performed by Luciano Pavarotti

http://figureskatersonline.com/andrewtorgashev/my-2019-2020-season-programs-are/

And he has choreographed them himself! Wowza:bow:

I will update the OP, but the actual aria from Tosca would be a welcome addition ;)

Oh, interesting. With no help from Allen or Farris? I'm wary of skaters choreographing competitive programs while still competing themselves, but let's see if he has a knack for it. Either way, his skating elevates any program.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations Andrew!:gclap:

US men training in the area have either graduated from Univ Colorado CS: Max Aaron, Jordan Moeller, or attended UCCS (Jason Brown) so that could be a destination for Andrew. ( Is that where Camden attends, I don’t know)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Andrew. :bow:

Congratulations Andrew!:gclap:

US men training in the area have either graduated from Univ Colorado CS: Max Aaron, Jordan Moeller, or attended UCCS (Jason Brown) so that could be a destination for Andrew. ( Is that where Camden attends, I don’t know)

Yes, re Camden and UCCS. Mirai also attended UCCS. Angela Wang too, IIRC.

ETA (on May 25):
Correction: seems that Mirai still is taking UCCS coursework. (So I should not have used past tense for her.)
Although Mirai has a great internship in LA at the moment, her Instastory today shows her working on a paper for Philosophy 1000 taught by someone from UCCS.​

ETA: Karina Manta just graduated from UCCS too ...

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy Birthday, Andrew!

:hap57:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Andrew just won silver, behind Jason Brown, at the Peggy Fleming Trophy. He skated his new Caruso.SP.

He also won the Aerial Challenge with a 3A plus 3 other triples in combination for over 28 points. :cheer:

He also landed a 4T, so he appears to be in great shape in every way.

Last edited: