Andrew Torgashev | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Andrew Torgashev

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, :sad21:

Not the skate that Andrew wanted, for sure, but someday he will put two great programs together and it will be glorious:pray:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew had a heartfelt message on his IG story. This is not a full transcription, but I think I captured most of it: (no idea how to copy off of a story ;) )

"My first and only remark is that I am very proud of all the steps I have taken. I have worked very hard in training. Last night was not a reflection of my training and my skating; it was a fluke. I am excited for what the next season has to offer. thank you #TorgashevSquad. This is not the end; merely the beginning."

The TorgashevSquad is also excited for next season:agree:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Golden Skate has a nice interview with Andrew:
May 14, 2020 - "Andrew Torgashev: ‘I’ve grown a lot over the years’" by Tatjana Flade
https://www.goldenskate.com/2020/05/andrew-torgashev-ive-grown-a-lot-over-the-years/

He says about future programs:

“I want to get creative with my skating,” he said. “More creative with new programs and choreography and what cool stuff I can put into those new programs to make them special.”

While Torgashev is not certain about his music choices yet, he has some ideas. He would really like to use Latin, Tango, Flamenco, or something similar along those lines. He is very involved in the process of selecting the music and mounting a program

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golden Skate has a nice interview with Andrew:
May 14, 2020 - "Andrew Torgashev: ‘I’ve grown a lot over the years’" by Tatjana Flade
https://www.goldenskate.com/2020/05/andrew-torgashev-ive-grown-a-lot-over-the-years/

He says about future programs:

This was such a great interview, very thoughtful and considerate answers from Andrew. I also like that he wants to stay involved in choreo after he retires;)

I can't help but wonder, totally as an aside, if he and Tatjana spoke at all in Russian:biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Andrew takes silver at the Peggy Fleming Trophy for the second year in a row:clap:

So wonderful seeing him skate a full program, his artistry and passion on display. And I also like how he acknowledges his collaboration with Josh on social media "Farris X Torgashev".

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCw9bN2pj8h/

I only hope we get to see more of these programs, even virtually, this year:hap85:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And here is Andrew's program on YouTube, so we can re-watch on full screen as I just did:biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsAEesHwNCU

So passionate and forceful. And of course a variation of the Flying Torg. Although I would love to see the hitch kick again.;)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew was interviewed on the Ice Tea podcast:

https://twitter.com/InTheLoPodcast/status/1296238121445658626

(ETA: Andrew starts around the 28 minute mark)

He talks about his creative process, and unsurprisingly, he lets the music dictate the movements. He spends a lot of time talking about working with Josh Farris, and also unsurprisingly, these two find common ground in their approach to skating.

Andrew will have new programs this season:

SP : Flamenco (that they found on Dancing with the Stars, but he doesn't remember the name of the cut:laugh:) Andrew working with Scott Brown.

LP: Imagine Dragons medley (I know diddly bupkes about Imagine Dragons, didn't Mirai skate to them? But the young women conducting the podcast squealed, so I imagine it's meaningful to folks of another generation:biggrin:) Andrew working with Sam Chouinard

Let's hope we get to see them:hap10:

Last edited:

Yossalu

On the Ice
Andrew isn't listed for Skate America and didn't have a video for the first ISP. Is he injured? I loved his performance at the Peggy Fleming Trophy and was excited to see how he'll do in this crazy season.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew isn't listed for Skate America and didn't have a video for the first ISP. Is he injured? I loved his performance at the Peggy Fleming Trophy and was excited to see how he'll do in this crazy season.
I was so excited for this season too, and I am sad that he is not listed:cry:

I have seen nothing on his social media or reports of an injury. But he was in Florida with his family when the first ISP Challenge was broadcast, and I have seen no “on ice“ clips so maybe he is injured. 😭

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew, my boy, you are quiet for so long and then you lay *this* on us:biggrin:

I hope Andrew provides a statement soon, we have this one from Raf (h/t Sheetz in the US Men's Thread)

I said in the US Men's thread and I will say here, I have always seen Andrew's issues as more mental than technical, but hey, if working on technical helps, then the mental is sure to follow, right?

And when Raf yells at him in Russian, Andrew will understand:laugh:

16Olympics

On the Ice
Andrew, my boy, you are quiet for so long and then you lay *this* on us:biggrin:

I hope Andrew provides a statement soon, we have this one from Raf (h/t Sheetz in the US Men's Thread)

I said in the US Men's thread and I will say here, I have always seen Andrew's issues as more mental than technical, but hey, if working on technical helps, then the mental is sure to follow, right?

And when Raf yells at him in Russian, Andrew will understand:laugh:
I haven't posted here yet, I don' think, but I saw this in a tweet from USFS along with other coaching changes. The link directs to USFS updated bios. I love Andrew's skating and agree that when the physical is working, the mental aspect is bound to strengthen.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrew and synchro skater Stephen Russell (ETA: oops, Stephen Murray, my bad:oops: ) had a IG Live chat as part of the "IceMen" series:

Not a lot of specific content, but encouragement for young male skaters. Andrew definitely seems to be impressed by California weather, which surprises me given that he grew up in Florida, but maybe the Colorado winters erased those memories:biggrin:

Last edited: