Stars On Ice 2018 Tour - US | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice 2018 Tour - US

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Two shows in Spokane and Seattle plus a show in Portland! SOI sure loves the Pacific NW.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Presumably the cast will be expanded once the Olympic team is actually known?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
They mentioned it super early this year, even compared to four years ago. Also the early cast announcement was more extensive. Last time, they only had Ashley Wagner, Gracie Gold and Davis and White announced in January before the full cast was announced after the Olympics.

We have 2 men, 2 ladies and 2 dance this time around.

But yeah, I'm guessing there's more to come.

noskates

Record Breaker
And again the San Jose show is on Mother's Day! It's been that day for the past 4 years. Very annoying. As much as I want to see this, I doubt that my family will be keen on me being gone all day. Darn it!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Here's to hoping they intro more names because right now this is pretty pathetic.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm harbouring a quiet hope that perhaps Joshua might return to SOI. It could be a nice lead in to his comeback.

And I'd like to see Max get named in his own right this year, not just be the replacement that people complain about.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well, I'm sure we'll see more of those folks, especially if they make the Olympic team.

I'm just annoyed that skaters not doing so great this season are already locks on the tour yet the ones that should be announced already aren't. And sorry but as much as I love D/W and enjoy watching them, their spot could be filled by someone else. The US isn't hurting for top name ice dancers to bring in the dough for this tour.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm needing Adam, H/D, C/B, Mirai, and more.

:agree: My first thought was, where's Adam? but I'm sure they'll invite more after nationals. I recall Scott snagged Ilia and Tara after the 1998 olympics.

I hope to see a couple of pairs included ... and a nice robust (meaning big) cast. I know funds are an issue. It's very encouraging that they're scheduled in 20 cities.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:agree: My first thought was, where's Adam? but I'm sure they'll invite more after nationals. I recall Scott snagged Ilia and Tara after the 1998 olympics.

I hope to see a couple of pairs included ... and a nice robust (meaning big) cast. I know funds are an issue. It's very encouraging that they're scheduled in 20 cities.

I'll be shocked to see if there's a pair unless they are a "special" guest in limited cities. I'd love them to add Mirai too.

I'd love to see a "robust" cast with some pros added on to D/W. Jeremy is always entertaining, and then so is Ryan. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, the tour isn't what it used to be in the Scott Hamilton days, and he's not really snatching anyone up like back then.

cl2

Final Flight
Once again I can't go. :( I live in Boston

Me too! Why don't they ever have a show in Boston, there's such a big community here! :mad:

At least, the closest show is in Providence, which is only a crappy Commuter Rail ride away... :slink:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm just annoyed that skaters not doing so great this season are already locks on the tour yet the ones that should be announced already aren't. And sorry but as much as I love D/W and enjoy watching them, their spot could be filled by someone else. The US isn't hurting for top name ice dancers to bring in the dough for this tour.

I'm sure there are other things involved besides that, though.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll be shocked to see if there's a pair unless they are a "special" guest in limited cities. I'd love them to add Mirai too.

I'd love to see a "robust" cast with some pros added on to D/W. Jeremy is always entertaining, and then so is Ryan. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, the tour isn't what it used to be in the Scott Hamilton days, and he's not really snatching anyone up like back then.

True. It's another day entirely. And he really was the driving force. I don't know who the driving force is now, or if anyone is, but everything is different, for sure.

charmblade

Final Flight
I also would have liked to see a Boston show. Providence is less than an hour away, so I'll think about it but it's a Saturday and I work on Saturdays (on the other side of Boston no less). I'll wait for more details.

And again the San Jose show is on Mother's Day! It's been that day for the past 4 years. Very annoying. As much as I want to see this, I doubt that my family will be keen on me being gone all day. Darn it!

Take your Mom as a special Mother's Day treat! :yes:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I also would have liked to see a Boston show. Providence is less than an hour away, so I'll think about it but it's a Saturday and I work on Saturdays (on the other side of Boston no less). I'll wait for more details.

The Celtics are doing really well in the NBA right now, so I bet TD Garden needs availability for playoff games. In fact with the exception of Portland, none of the stops are in arenas with an NBA team.

Last edited: