2017-2018 Russian Nationals Qualifiers | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Russian Nationals Qualifiers

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Why is Sofia Istomina (currently) left out? Is she injured or they just bypass her? Is she not ahead of Alisa Fedichkina? "Secret" :( new rules? Which is her club?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Why is Sofia Istomina (currently) left out? Is she injured or they just bypass her? Is she not ahead of Alisa Fedichkina? "Secret" :( new rules? Which is her club?

She is indeed ranked ahead of Alisa Fedichkina.
She trains with Inna Goncharenko at CSKA, so not sure why she's passed over.
I don't think she's injured.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
She is indeed ranked ahead of Alisa Fedichkina.
She trains with Inna Goncharenko at CSKA, so not sure why she's passed over.
I don't think she's injured.

Probably because Fedichkina is more famous and will likely do better.

But it's kind of a heavy blow to Sofia because I imagine participating there would have been the crowning achievement for her career.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm absolutely sure Alisa will score higher than 161.35. She got 178 in Zagreb (and beat Liza). And I love all this faux concern for a skater nobody was talking about before.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm absolutely sure Alisa will score higher than 161.35. She got 178 in Zagreb (and beat Liza). And I love all this faux concern for a skater nobody was talking about before.

Yeah ... it's phoney in essentials.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well, sorry for liking a newbie skater even if YOU'VE never heard of her.
I happen to enjoy her skating and much rather would have seen her at nationals.
Ever think that this isn't "faux concern" or "phoney in essentials" but actually real? Because it is.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, sorry for liking a newbie skater even if YOU'VE never heard of her.
I happen to enjoy her skating and much rather would have seen her at nationals.
Ever think that this isn't "faux concern" or "phoney in essentials" but actually real? Because it is.

Please accept my appologies then ;)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Some people sommented that Dmitry Soloviev already has someone lined up for next season... (just to add some fuel to the fire)

I heard that as well. I cannot imagine him with anybody but Katia. And I don't want to either...:p

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I'm happy to known that Evgenia is available. She is now fully recovered and she feels no pain.

#EvgeniaMedvedeva gave an interview to Russian TV-channel «Vesti» on Deс 16, 2017:
My cast was taken off almost a week ago, and then I had to recover and retrieve my leg. But now I can say that I have got almost no pain and my leg is healed well.

https://twitter.com/EvgeniaTeam/status/942093251330428928

LadyB

Record Breaker
Zhenya is out after all! :(
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1058562093.html

Google translation:
Medvedev will miss the championship of Russia
Tags team of Russia injuries Russian championship women's skating Eteri Tutberidze Evgeniya Medvedeva
Two-time world champion in figure skating Evgeny Medvedev will miss the Russian championship in St. Petersburg.
The figure skater followed the doctors' recommendation not to speed up preparation at the final stage of recovery from injury.
This decision of the sportswoman and her trainer Eteri Tutberidze is coordinated with the Federation of Figure Skating of Russia.
Earlier, Medvedev ais due to an ankle injury withdrew from the finals of the Grand Prix, held December 7-9 in the Japanese Nagoya,

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Sonya Istomina qualified for the event but she's passed over. Is it too late for the last vacant spot after Zenya will miss the event?

LadyB

Record Breaker
Breaking news on twitter:

Sofia Istomina is replacing Zhenya after all!