Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jackie Wong homage/profile by Phil Hersh

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I really look forward to researching all his efforts. Like a lot of dreams and of skaters planned element sheets, I hope he is in life greater than the written word. My only problem is that he has the ear of Hersh. May he find a way to separate himself from the ego driven, inaccurate, biased, self serving, incongruous and jolting writing of Hersh. Can Jackie smell the ice, does he know the sound and FEEL of exquisite skating and report with pure in depth knowledge ? I hope so. Skating profoundly and desperately needs a champion of the art of skating.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    And yea, fascinating Hersh chose TODAY to feature Jackie. Why do you guys think he did that?

Still fangirling for Toller el henry's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    And yea, fascinating Hersh chose TODAY to feature Jackie. Why do you guys think he did that?
    Fascinating? I would think Ice Network, who “published” the article, (and not PH on his own website) did so because of the GPF, during which presumably Jackie will also be doing yeoman’s work keeping us up to date with tweets.

I have no idea why you have TODAY in caps or what TODAY has to do with Jackie.

Celebrating Golden Skate's 18th Anniversary gsk8's Avatar

17 Not allowed!
    I'd like to take the time out to thank all the members of this forum who have selflessly posted live play-by-plays in our competition threads over the years. Running a site on your own is a thankless job, but when you have a community of folks that participate and/or take the time to put out good reports and other content, it makes it worth it!
    Last edited by gsk8; 12-06-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Hitting the "you're too sexy" button

1 Not allowed!
    I don't know. He could have chosen last week or the week before and then everyone could have bought Rocker Gear after reading the article.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I feel actually upset that I missed the deadline for rocker gear, I was a little late this year. wish there was any other way to support jackie?

Also: fascinating article. I had NO idea jackie wasn't actually doing this fulltime and had another job as well?? I'm completely blown away.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by somelikeitpink View Post
    I feel actually upset that I missed the deadline for rocker gear, I was a little late this year. wish there was any other way to support jackie?
    Keep bugging him and maybe he'll do it again later in the season :D

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    I'd like to take the time out to thank all the members of this forum who have selflessly posted live play-by-plays in our competition threads over the years. Running a site on your own is a thankless job, but when you have a community of folks that participate and/or take the time to put out good reports and other content, it makes it worth it!
    I second the sentiment. Back to Jackie, he is also cute!!!!

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Jackie, you are true quality journalism.
    And like many elite skaters, you are also an inspiration to me and many other skating fans.

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    also, I have met Jackie a couple of times, he is always busy, always with a laptop or something like that. So usually, I do not wanna disturb him. Just quietly walk by.
    But Jackie is a very nice guy, always acknowledge people (if you wanna say hello to him or have a little chat) and he is actually quite good-looking with a under-stated chic style.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    also, I have met Jackie a couple of times, he is always busy, always with a laptop or something like that. So usually, I do not wanna disturb him. Just quietly walk by.
    But Jackie is a very nice guy, always acknowledge people (if you wanna say hello to him or have a little chat) and he is actually quite good-looking with a under-stated chic style.
    can I please quote you and tweet this to Jackie?

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    And as a side note to this, thanks for all those who don't complain about my weird rambly post-midnight PBPs

1 Not allowed!
    What's special about today?

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    And as a side note to this, thanks for all those who don't complain about my weird rambly post-midnight PBPs
    Complain? They are most welcome!!!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclair View Post
    can I please quote you and tweet this to Jackie?
    ofc, OMG, I can feel the blush on my face

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2