Jackie Wong homage/profile by Phil Hersh | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jackie Wong homage/profile by Phil Hersh

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
I feel actually upset that I missed the deadline for rocker gear, I was a little late this year. wish there was any other way to support jackie?

Also: fascinating article. I had NO idea jackie wasn't actually doing this fulltime and had another job as well?? I'm completely blown away.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I feel actually upset that I missed the deadline for rocker gear, I was a little late this year. wish there was any other way to support jackie?

Keep bugging him and maybe he'll do it again later in the season :D

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'd like to take the time out to thank all the members of this forum who have selflessly posted live play-by-plays in our competition threads over the years. Running a site on your own is a thankless job, but when you have a community of folks that participate and/or take the time to put out good reports and other content, it makes it worth it!

I second the sentiment. Back to Jackie, he is also cute!!!!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Jackie, you are true quality journalism.
And like many elite skaters, you are also an inspiration to me and many other skating fans.
:love::luv17::clap:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
also, I have met Jackie a couple of times, he is always busy, always with a laptop or something like that. So usually, I do not wanna disturb him. Just quietly walk by.
But Jackie is a very nice guy, always acknowledge people (if you wanna say hello to him or have a little chat) and he is actually quite good-looking with a under-stated chic style.

Eclair

Medalist
also, I have met Jackie a couple of times, he is always busy, always with a laptop or something like that. So usually, I do not wanna disturb him. Just quietly walk by.
But Jackie is a very nice guy, always acknowledge people (if you wanna say hello to him or have a little chat) and he is actually quite good-looking with a under-stated chic style.
can I please quote you and tweet this to Jackie? :rofl:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd like to take the time out to thank all the members of this forum who have selflessly posted live play-by-plays in our competition threads over the years. Running a site on your own is a thankless job, but when you have a community of folks that participate and/or take the time to put out good reports and other content, it makes it worth it!

And as a side note to this, thanks for all those who don't complain about my weird rambly post-midnight PBPs :laugh: