2017 GPF Pairs FS | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Pairs FS

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just realized that Tarasova/Morozov got 0 points for the PCoSp at the end (not enough rotation before the change of foot?). Otherwise they'd have been 3rd and not 5th.

Really?! Dang, I wonder what happened?! I got distracted as their score was been shown and was shocked to hear they'd scored so low, their mistakes didn't seem that bad. But getting 0 on a whole element would certainly do it.

On the plus side I'm sure they'll avoid doing whatever it is at Russian Nationals!

yqs100

On the Ice
S/M’s Program is beautiful but wish it could be more balanced. Currently the first half program has two jumps, two throws, one lift, one twist. The second half is a bit empty IMO.

QuadThrow

Medalist
S/M’s Program is beautiful but wish it could be more balanced. Currently the first half program has two jumps, two throws, one lift, one twist. The second half is a bit empty IMO.

I thought the same first. The order of elements is unusual and a good choreographer would not place all risky elements in the first half and the pair spin directly after the solo spin.

Now I believe that this is part of the concept and one point which makes this program so special (Christopher Dean is making something different:pray:). The transistions in the first half are so superior and you not really notice that there are just the jumps and throws. The breathing point is located between the spins and then it builds up to the big final ending with the most impressive lift in pairs history.

yqs100

On the Ice
I thought the same first. The order of elements is unusual and a good choreographer would not place all risky elements in the first half and the pair spin directly after the solo spin.

Now I believe that this is part of the concept and one point which makes this program so special (Christopher Dean is making something different:pray:). The transistions in the first half are so superior and you not really notice that there are just the jumps and throws. The breathing point is located between the spins and then it builds up to the big final ending with the most impressive lift in pairs history.

I believe this is the strategy to ensure they are able ( or have energy) to hit all the difficult elements, since there is no extra points to put the elements in the second half. It’s good for aliona, considering she is 34yr. Good strategy.