2017 GPF Pairs FS | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Pairs FS

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To anyone who's interested, Aliona changed the spelling of her name to Aljona, the German spelling of her name. I think it's very cool. This happened recently.

synteis

Medalist
yes, I've learned to NEVER count Meagan/Eric out, they are formidable competitors, with fire and conviction over their material, which I respect, regardless of my liking for their programs (but definitely I love their SP!). I think this is a difficult point for Evgenia/Vladimir now - it's probably too late for change FS altogether, but there's never too late for making it work and looking polished, there is a potential, but it has to be channelled in the right way to create moment like Chinese and German already did.

Yes, absolutely. For one thing, D/R got a much better score at SC so if they could repeat that, that gap would be smaller.

T/R seemed to have the technical in the warm up, now they just have to put it into their program. Although their flourishes of story and emotion in that performance were not my favourite, they did match the song before they started running out of steam and getting discouraged. I feel like a strong first half (or even quarter) would carry them quite a bit higher.

Also, straight up mad respect for Meagan getting up after that belly flop so early on and only wobbling on the combo that came shortly after because that was such a bad looking fall.

ragdoll

On the Ice
I do admire the stamina of Duhamel/Radford but I would have picked Stolbova/Klimov for bronze because of better presentation.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Fun fact, the podium is the exact reverse of Boston 2016 Worlds :)

I honestly think the free skate order will significantly matter at the Olympics. Both top teams have really pulled out all the stops when skating last at major events :rock:

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Wow, it was an amazing competition.
Well, it seems to me that Sui/Han may feel pressure now :p Both teams were cleanish, S/M have no quad element and yet they won with some advantage.
So happy for Aliona! Please, please, do the same at the Olympics.

...nevertheless, record for total competition score is still unbeaten. Pretty impressive, huh? V/T had no quad, no lutz or flip, no 3+2+2 whatsoever.

They did have a 10% bonus for elements in the 2nd half...

girl in red

Rinkside
awww my poor panda babies(they are so cute even when they pretend to be all serious),they did sooo well!i am a proud mama!congratulations to s/m they were better overall and they deserved the victory.i will always be happy for aliona,she is really someone to admire.in the way i see it if both teams are clean it will come down to who skates last.I can t help it i am such a die hard fan of classic programs.I became a fan of s/h after watching turandot and then i was introduced to the wonderful world of blues for klook etc.I dont know i must be allergic to those dreamy programs that are so in fashion these days(like the old lady that i am not)!Anyway wishes for a good competition and may the best one wins:agree:

QuadThrow

Medalist
After today there should be a path to the Olympic Bronze for James/Cipres.

Gold and Silver should be gone for everyone...

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
After today there should be a path to the Olympic Bronze for James/Cipres.

Gold and Silver should be gone for everyone...

I'm beginning to see parallels between Ice Dance and Pairs leading up to the Olympics. Fight for gold/silver for the top 2, the bronze is up for grabs.
(A podium consisting of S/H J/C and S/M has been a longtime dream of mine as well :) )

bramweld

Record Breaker
To my mind, Russia has to contemplate the usefulness of their test skates. Is it a money-making venture or an avenue to evaluate programs with a view to making recommendations which must be adhered to. Because they seem to not have the power as similar events within other federations. Congratulations to the medalists!!

Alex D

Record Breaker
To Bad those great Achievements are not honored by the media and people on Germany.

Impressive how strong women can be, menthally and physicall , we men would had thrown the towel a long time ago.

I salute you!

Nika09

On the Ice
Amazing Pairs event! Have nothing to do with the one which Men had yesterday.

I agree with the PCS gap between S/M and S/H in FP. S/M free is beautiful program, and Turandot is just...wrong idea from the beginning. Ä°MHO.

But what about the WR and TES? Really can't get where S/H did loose it. Han's shaky 3S against Aliona's shaky throw 3S, but rest was foot perfect. And if I'm not wrong, they even got level 4 for those damn pair combo spins today. And the triple twist against quadruple for S/H.

But please ne quad throws, save it for next Olympics!

QuadThrow

Medalist
Amazing Pairs event! Have nothing to do with the one which Men had yesterday.

I agree with the PCS gap between S/M and S/H in FP. S/M free is beautiful program, and Turandot is just...wrong idea from the beginning. Ä°MHO.

But what about the WR and TES? Really can't get where S/H did loose it. Han's shaky 3S against Aliona's shaky throw 3S, but rest was foot perfect. And if I'm not wrong, they even got level 4 for those damn pair combo spins today. And the triple twist against quadruple for S/H.

But please ne quad throws, save it for next Olympics!

Sui/Han lost is a bit at the DS and last lift. Was slightly shaky at the end. In addition Han's mistake at the jump (she double-footed as well) was greater than Aljona's wobble at the throw. But these are very little details... But these details may count at the Olympics.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Savchenko/Massot, they had me in tears as well. Simply amazing!

And ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Duhamel/Radford on the podium with those awful programs.

Ksenia needs to stop falling. It's odd that she's the one making all the mistakes these days.

TCAngel18

Medalist
Savchenko/Massot, they had me in tears as well. Simply amazing!

And ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Duhamel/Radford on the podium with those awful programs.

Ksenia needs to stop falling. It's odd that she's the one making all the mistakes these days.

See, I actually don’t mind Muse for D/R. They have the right temperament for it, and Meagan is finally emoting enough for it. The program just has to be CLEAN in order to get the proper build, it works best with momentum. The upward moving motives of Samson and Delilah (stop stealing from French operas, Muse!) transitioning to the driving beat of Uprising, you can’t have any errors, or the mood just gets sucked out like a vacuum.

But yes, Ksenia needs to stop falling, because those two programs combined are Olympic medal worthy. They really should be the number 1 Russians, even with her dang Kyoko Ina delay on those jumps.