Yumeng Gao & Zhong Xie | Golden Skate

Yumeng Gao & Zhong Xie

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Yumeng Gao and Zhong Xie are a pairs team that represents China. She was born on 13 April 2001 in Tianjin, China, and he was born on 19 September 1998 in Harbin, China. Gao's former partner was Bowen Li and Xie's former partners are Ying Zhao, Mingyang Zhang, Wen Wang. They are coached by Hongbo Zhao, the 2010 pairs Olympic champion, Bing Han, and Jinlin Guan in Beijing. The pair is choreographed by Shae Zukiwsky.

Gao's hobbies are makeup and reading, and she is a high school student in Beijing. She started learning to skate in 2008 at the Harbin Winter Sports Training Center. Xie's hobbies are music and basketball, and he is a student in Beijing. He started learning to skate in 2003, also at the Harbin Winter Sports Training Center.

Their current music selections are:
SP: Chicago Soundtrack
FS: "Turning Page" from the Twilight Soundtrack

Their personal bests are:
SP: 59.99, earned at the 2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating stage in Zagreb
FS: 105.56, earned at the 2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
Total: 165.03, earned at the 2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final

Competitive Results as a pair:
2017-2018:
2018 Chinese Nationals: TBD
2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final: 4
2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix, Poland: 4
2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix, Croatia: 2

2016-2017:
2017 ISU Junior World Championships: 3
2017 Chinese Nationals, senior level: 3
2016 ISU Junior Grand Prix, Russia: 5
2016 ISU Junior Grand Prix, Czech Republic: 5

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, Xiangning Li / Zhong Xie got Skate America even though they most likely haven't even competed yet.

I wonder what americans were smoking during the selection process.

Ziotic

Medalist
So, Xiangning Li / Zhong Xie got Skate America even though they most likely haven't even competed yet.

I wonder what americans were smoking during the selection process.
I’m sure they were of sound mind thinking “ How many teams can we invite that won’t beat the Americans...”

Mdk0144

On the Ice
And indeed, it’s quite interesting!!! But I am sad for Yumeng. Xie Zhong is definitely a top notch youngster, so we’ll have to see how xiangning does as a pair skater.

s_parks

Record Breaker
And indeed, it’s quite interesting!!! But I am sad for Yumeng. Xie Zhong is definitely a top notch youngster, so we’ll have to see how xiangning does as a pair skater.

Yep, Xie is one of the few male pairs skaters that stands out skills-wise individually, especially in his age group. Li as his partner is already looking pretty optimistic, as she's both shorter than Gao and more importantly, has triples which were the problem with Xie's past partners. Hope they gel well.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Well.. however it means that they have split. I’m so sad bcz their lines were so gorgeous.