Hanyu update/Olympic berth criteria | Golden Skate

Hanyu update/Olympic berth criteria

rabbit1234

On the Ice
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171210-00000062-dal-spo

12/10 (Sun)

Yuzuru Hanyu "I have not practiced on ice yet"

Hanyu Yuzuru (22) = ANA =, Japan Skating Federation announced the current situation . Kobayashi Yoshiko, Strengthening Director reads his comment, "It has improved a lot, but I still have pain, so I have not practiced on ice. I will do my best for treatment and rehabilitation." I have not been able to resume practicing on ice yet .

Kobayashi said that she had contacted Hanyu himself and his family about two days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

giulia95

Medalist
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171210-00000062-dal-spo

12/10 (Sun)

Yuzuru Hanyu "I have not practiced on ice yet"

Hanyu Yuzuru (22) = ANA =, Japan Skating Federation announced the current situation . Kobayashi Yoshiko, Strengthening Director reads his comment, "It has improved a lot, but I still have pain, so I have not practiced on ice. I will do my best for treatment and rehabilitation." I have not been able to resume practicing on ice yet .

Kobayashi said that she had contacted Hanyu himself and his family about two days ago.

Oh well… at NHK Yuzu’s coach said he could walk and jump after the injury…
Is JSF preparing Yuzu’s fans to the next JSF WD announcement before JN right after GPF results? Perfect timing :bang:

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
T_T welp
I'm surprised I thought he was doing better than that. It's been a month already

fireovertheice

On the Ice
A sprained ankle is becoming a never ending injury ....

I would not be so tragic. It's passed just one month from injury, and we knew that Nat were so/too much close for him to full recover and to be able to do an high profile performance also without 4Lz. He will not go to Nat if not sure to have the chance to skate at good level and really to compete with Shoma for gold/first place.
There was a slight chance he could do it, depending on how his body was reacting, but it will be no surprise if he and his team decide to WD from Nat and to go on with a full recovery and a proper training till the OGM. And frankly, looking at the performances of the men at GPF, there's no need to rush in this.
We will know for sure next weeks, hoping for the best.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I hope Orser will convince him somehow to take loop and lutz out from programs for olympics. He doesn't need it to win there... His 4S/4T SP is untouchable for any of the guys who are doing lutzes and flips in sp

rabbit1234

On the Ice
I hope Orser will convince him somehow to take loop and lutz out from programs for olympics. He doesn't need it to win there... His 4S/4T SP is untouchable for any of the guys who are doing lutzes and flips in sp

He has not been chosen as a representative yet.
Besides, shoma and Nathan will exceed 330 if they perform without mistakes.

Whether he will be chosen as a representative will depend on what state he is expected at the time of the Olympic Games.

According to the screening criteria, "It is sometimes selected as a representative while seeing the state at the time of the Olympic Games."

If he is not practicing on the ice at National, then it will be discussed.

By the way, at the time of the selection of the Sochi Olympics, the person in charge of the Federation did not establish a saving clause saying "competitors who can not participate in the National do not seem to be in time for the Olympics."

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2013/06/20/kiji/K20130620006046270.html

Olympic representative selection will be out if there is a breakdown, no bailout plan

At the time of the Vancouver Olympics, there was a "remedy plan" that the athlete who has a track record in the past 6th place in the world championships may be added to the selection targets even if they do not satisfy the condition due to injury etc. "This time there is no such thing.
Ito figure chairperson explained, "If you are injured like you can not come out to all Japan, you will not make it in time for the Olympics."

This time there is a saving clause.
However, it is expressed as "It is sometimes selected as a representative while seeing the state at the time of the Olympic Games".

giulia95

Medalist
He has not been chosen as a representative yet.

This time there is a saving clause.
However, it is expressed as "It is sometimes selected as a representative while seeing the state at the time of the Olympic Games".

If this is really the saving clause, the eventual WITHDRAWAL will be because of a medical reason, which prevents the skater from partecipating in the Olympic Games.
A clean, aseptic and irrevocable reason.

Thank you Rabbit 1234, your posts are very interesting to me :thumbsup:

rabbit1234

On the Ice
If this is really the saving clause, the eventual WITHDRAWAL will be because of a medical reason, which prevents the skater from partecipating in the Olympic Games.
A clean, aseptic and irrevocable reason.

Thank you Rabbit 1234, your posts are very interesting to me :thumbsup:

I think that is not somewhat accurate.
Even though hanyu was in a state of health for the Olympic Games, I think he will not be chosen if he can not say that he can score better than any other skater.
I think it will be a comparison of the state of his Olympics with the state of other skaters.

Also, saving clause is an exceptional rule.
The screening requirement states that "participation in the National is mandatory". saving clause is expressed as "there are cases where you choose exceptionally."

giulia95

Medalist
I think that is not somewhat accurate.
Even though hanyu was in a state of health for the Olympic Games, I think he will not be chosen if he can not say that he can score better than any other skater.
I think it will be a comparison of the state of his Olympics with the state of other skaters.

Also, saving clause is an exceptional rule.
The screening requirement states that "participation in the National is mandatory". saving clause is expressed as "there are cases where you choose exceptionally."

Which Japanese skaters a part from Shoma?

rabbit1234

On the Ice
Which Japanese skaters a part from Shoma?

For example, suppose mura is 270 for national and 260 for murakami.
I think that it will be judged whether hanyu will be able to exceed 260 in the condition at the Olympic Games.
How famous competitor can not choose if it is not in a state to fight at the Olympic Games.

Therefore, the lower the score of mura, murakami, keiji, tomono's national, the more likely that hanyu will be chosen.

giulia95

Medalist
If Hanyu doesn’t compete in JN due to medical reason , he will necessarily skate in other competitions in January 2018, is it correct ?Or it will depend on other skaters score at JN?

rabbit1234

On the Ice
If Hanyu doesn’t compete in JN due to medical reason , he will necessarily skate in other competitions in January 2018, is it correct ?Or it will depend on other skaters score at JN?

Unlike Russia and others, there is no possibility of seeing the situation on a test skate other than National. Representatives will be announced shortly after National.
Representation of representatives of the four continental championships is also immediately after National.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Is there a deadline for the Olympics? For example I'm a 100% sure Yuzuru will be named for the Olympic Team whether he competes at Nationals or not. But if he (or Shoma, Mura, Tanaka... whoever) is injured and unable to compete come February, until which point can a substitute be named?

giulia95

Medalist
Unlike Russia and others, there is no possibility of seeing the situation on a test skate other than National. Representatives will be announced shortly after National.
Representation of representatives of the four continental championships is also immediately after National.

So basically more or less in two weeks we will know if Hanyu competes in Olys or not, correct?

giulia95

Medalist
That's right. The representative presentation is a drama every time.

A drama for Japan and for Hanyu’s fans worldwide, but probably a delight to watch for the rest of the skating world…

So in the worst case scenario, if Hanyu withdraws from JN, his admission will be evaluated based on his ACTUAL STATE , that is his state in two weeks, is it correct?

rabbit1234

On the Ice
A drama for Japan and for Hanyu’s fans worldwide, but probably a delight to watch for the rest of the skating world…

So in the worst case scenario, if Hanyu withdraws from JN, his admission will be evaluated based on his ACTUAL STATE , that is his state in two weeks, is it correct?

It will be judged by the doctor's certificate submitted to the federation at the time of National. However, it will be discussed.
Also in the 2014 Olympic season, takahashi submitted a medical certificate that it will be in time for the Olympic Games and also participated in the National.
However, some people criticized this as arguments.
If hanyu did not participate in the National, it means that it is not in a state to fight 50 days before the Olympic Games
Also, it is obvious that the description of the doctor explained by hanyu for the first time was not as planned.
It will be an argument.
But, the Federation wants to choose hanyu. Because, as with the 2014 Olympic Games, having two candidates for medals eases one's pressure.
After all, I think that it depends on what the doctor's medical certificate is and how the federation judges it