2018 US nats Experiences & Practice Reports | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 US nats Experiences & Practice Reports

Lissy

Medalist
There is definitely a lot of illness in the south Bay Area right now. I rarely get sick and I’m getting over a nasty cold. I’m surprised more skaters aren’t sick. A lot of my friends and family have also been sick.

mkice9

Spectator
Oh no! Sending Karen ALL the positive thoughts. I'd planned for San Jose since 8/2016 but I am not there because I got sick. I can't imagine training your whole life for the Olympics and potentially not making the team because of illness.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
You can hear people coughing on the videos of the event. If you are sick stay home people. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I don't know. I think it'll come down to Karen and Ashley for that 3rd spot (I think Bradie & Mirai are locks), and that Karen can pull it out. We'll see though. I hope she feels better! Such terrible luck :(

Too bad. Having skated with just a bad head cold, I know how it can ruin you. If it's worse, it's unimaginable that she could do anything including her spins. Shoot. I guess Ashley just has to be 3.5 points better than Karen to make the team. Tough luck. :(

macy

Record Breaker
I’m sure unless she’s uncontrollably vomiting or something she’ll skate tomorrow. Highly doubt she’ll want to look back one day and remember she missed her chance because she was sick. She’s a tough cookie.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy Abbott is here sitting in my section.

Also saw Mirai and her boyfriend cheering on Alex Johnson in a hospitality box.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

Mirai has a BF? Who's the lucky guy?

Maybe Karen should take some Chinese medicine like Alysa Liu before her FS. I hear it works wonders. ;)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai has a BF? Who's the lucky guy?

Maybe Karen should take some Chinese medicine like Alysa Liu before her FS. I hear it works wonders. ;)

Mirai has been with Darian Weiss, an ice dancer, for a couple of years now. He's usually all over her IG account, along with her dogs!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I ended up seeing Mirai in the concourse and taking photos for other people lol!

auser

Record Breaker
There is definitely a lot of illness in the south Bay Area right now. I rarely get sick and I’m getting over a nasty cold. I’m surprised more skaters aren’t sick. A lot of my friends and family have also been sick.
Hope you feel better soon, Lissy :ghug:. Family members in San Jose area have mentioned lingering adverse health impact of smoke from recent Southern CA fires.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hope you feel better soon, Lissy :ghug:. Family members in San Jose area have mentioned lingering adverse health impact of smoke from recent Southern CA fires.

I think you're right about the fires having an effect. Lots of sick students here in Clovis, Ca. and we had fires as well.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Too bad. Having skated with just a bad head cold, I know how it can ruin you. If it's worse, it's unimaginable that she could do anything including her spins. Shoot. I guess Ashley just has to be 3.5 points better than Karen to make the team. Tough luck. :(

Ashley "last woman standing" Wagner again proving herself to be THE luckiest skater out there.

TCAngel18

Medalist
I miss him so much. Just watched his 2010 LP from US Nats. Good times.

I just had to rewatch that now! One of the best programs of all time. Love that Saint-Saens symphony! I think there’s also Jupiter from Holst and Pines of Rome there too. Such a terrific program! I think if he repeated those Nationals performances in Vancouver, he would have been Olympic champion.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I am sick, my friends Andy, Evylen, Clarence, and Karyn are sick. I am not going to the breakfast so I won't be the one to give this crud to our skaters. Giving ticket to deserving forum member today.