2018 US nats Experiences & Practice Reports | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 US nats Experiences & Practice Reports

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Jasmine Fendi kept on skating w/ her twin brother after he accidentally cut her hand w/ his blade during their Novice Pairs FS. She FINISHED the entire program before showing how much pain she was in! The ice has just been resurfaced so the final 3 pairs can skate. #USChamps18

https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/status/948365632835346432

Err... is there normally a resurface at that point?

Think they were the first pair on the ice after the scheduled resurface.

ETA: Or second? Either way, seemed off-schedule.

skatefan17

On the Ice
Two practice groups for men have gone thru already. Nathan landed some amazing 4T, 4F and L but had trouble with the actual run thru. Vincent Zhou fell quite a bit. 😥

Scout

Final Flight
Jasmine Fendi kept on skating w/ her twin brother after he accidentally cut her hand w/ his blade during their Novice Pairs FS. She FINISHED the entire program before showing how much pain she was in! The ice has just been resurfaced so the final 3 pairs can skate. #USChamps18

Wow. What a fighter. I hope she is okay and that it's something that looks worse than it actually is.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Think they were the first pair on the ice after the scheduled resurface.

ETA: Or second? Either way, seemed off-schedule.

It was said here that it is standard practice to clean ice after blood. NO fracture. Just stitches. Fingers crossed.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Glad I wasnt there.
I was when Jessica Dubee was hit in her face by partners blade. Will never forget it.....

peese

Medalist
Hi gang! I just purchased IceNetwork. Clicked on "LIVE" and it says...you cannot play this media on the current browser/platform. Help!! I am not computer savvy.

Ross74

Medalist
Hi gang! I just purchased IceNetwork. Clicked on "LIVE" and it says...you cannot play this media on the current browser/platform. Help!! I am not computer savvy.

I emailed customer service about the same thing yesterday and they were quick to respond.

peese

Medalist
Just purchased IN. What does "you can not play this media on your current browser/platform"mean?

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
A friend of mine was minding the gate at Solar for America today - she was joking about being 'featured' on IN. I. Am. So. Jealous. She says tomorrow she might get to do music. (Did I mention I was jealous?)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I believe there was blood on the ice so they did an extra resurface.

skatefan17

On the Ice
So did anyone actually see the men’s practices? Thoughts?
I watched all senior practices. People who really stood out to me were the obvious ones like Jason Brown, Adam, and Nathan. Sean Rabbitt's free program is a real crowd pleaser and I believe it's music that Polina Edmunds has used in the past. Alex Kroznorov(sp?) was very intense but to me shows real promise. Max was a no show as already reported. I was sitting right in front of Andrea Joyce the interviewer and RockerSkating. I was too starstruck to say hi!

skatefan17

On the Ice
Also- was sad to see Vincent still struggling with his jumps. It will be exciting to see him next season and if he can fix some of the growing pains. I had never seen Jason Brown in person before but now I see why he's so popular. He is truly spectacular to watch and the sweetest, nicest person.

skatefan17

On the Ice
Also, Caroline Zhang sat right in front of me (I know she is beloved here.) She was very energetic and seemed to be there supporting Grant.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Also- was sad to see Vincent still struggling with his jumps. It will be exciting to see him next season and if he can fix some of the growing pains. I had never seen Jason Brown in person before but now I see why he's so popular. He is truly spectacular to watch and the sweetest, nicest person.

Thanks so much for your thoughts!