Rinkside
Assignments

Kaori Sakamoto : Olympics and Four Continents
Mai Mihara : Four Continents

Congratulations!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I'm definitely also watching Team Kobe led by Coach Nakano. I think this team will become the major force in Japanese ladies in the next couple of years...with solid technique foundation.

Adding: I remember Rin was originally under Coach Nakano, but has moved to Howa later on.

Liasky

Rinkside
I'm definitely also watching Team Kobe led by Coach Nakano. I think this team will become the major force in Japanese ladies in the next couple of years...with solid technique foundation.

Adding: I remember Rin was originally under Coach Nakano, but has moved to Howa later on.

I hope that also, I really want Mai to go to 2019 Worlds & 2022 Olympics

Thank you for your information :)

Liasky

Rinkside
Congratulations to the girls! Kaori for gold and Mai for silver at 2018 Four Continents Championships!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Such a pleasure to watch both of them LIVE in the past few days! They are just adorable!! I'm looking forward to seeing Kaori and Mai becoming the major force in Japanese ladies' in the next couple of years...just keeping on trying and improving!

Liasky

Rinkside
Such a pleasure to watch both of them LIVE in the past few days! They are just adorable!! I'm looking forward to seeing Kaori and Mai becoming the measure force in Japanese ladies' in the next couple of years...just keeping on trying and improving!

So glad I had a chance to watch them skating, too. Kaori and Mai are very close friends. I hope they will become two greatest skaters in the future.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Gosh I'm so jealous of you two!!

I actually had a very funny encounter with the two girls: during the free dance competition, I left the main arena for a quick lunch in the hall way around the arena (it's not allowed to consume food in the main arena). While I was eating lunch, I saw Mai jogging across the hall way in front of me and she stopped to warm up not too far away from me for a while. I was quite surprised that she would warm up like that just around the arena. A couple of minutes later, there came Kaori (!) with two reporters by her side. Obviously Kaori was also doing warming-up and she stopped even closer to me to do some stretches. Then a local fan girl came up to ask for photo and signing. I helped to take photo of them, with Kao beaming in big smile! Later on I realize they were both warming up for the practice in sub-rink nearby. And it was the most pleasurous moment for me to simply watching them warming up outside competitions but without disrupting them.

Liasky

Rinkside
I actually had a very funny encounter with the two girls: during the free dance competition, I left the main arena for a quick lunch in the hall way around the arena (it's not allowed to consume food in the main arena). While I was eating lunch, I saw Mai jogging across the hall way in front of me and she stopped to warm up not too far away from me for a while. I was quite surprised that she would warm up like that just around the arena. A couple of minutes later, there came Kaori (!) with two reporters by her side. Obviously Kaori was also doing warming-up and she stopped even closer to me to do some stretches. Then a local fan girl came up to ask for photo and signing. I helped to take photo of them, with Kao beaming in big smile! Later on I realize they were both warming up for the practice in sub-rink nearby. And it was the most pleasurous moment for me to simply watching them warming up outside competitions but without disrupting them.

Such a great experience for you! This is so nice! :)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Really love this short clip on Kaori and Mai: https://twitter.com/EarthSpica/status/1077557263160627200

This was from the all Japan National recently: it shows both got excited at the very beginning. They were excited about their team mate, Ayumi Kagotani, who reached her goal by making it to the free skating at nationals. Ayumi is Kaori's school mate. The trio all train under Coach Nakano and Coach Graham. As they all made it to the nationals, they trained together and encouraged each other. It's nice to see the camaraderie among them.