2018 Canadian Nationals No Spoilers Videos | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals No Spoilers Videos

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure what you're talking about? Results and videos yesterday in both threads were put up within a reasonable amount of time. If that's too slow for you you are welcome to post the results and videos yourself.

Well, that's just it. I'd rather watch without knowing the results ahead of time. Frenchie explained very eloquently in post #20 his experience of it, and I feel just the same. My apologies for not making myself clear.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sure many fans, like me, went through sheer comical degrees of "trying to AVOID seeing the result of an event before getting to see it" - many frustrating times fruitless....
I'm eternally grateful to all those awesome people on here who allow me to watch these competitions as if they were live.

That's exactly it! And it's really difficult, because so many people write congratulations, the thrills, and so forth right in the title so it's impossible to click on it without reading it. And I'm also very grateful.

Since I'm not mostly interested in how people place and who wins, it's puzzling. But I think what I love is that I get to experience the emotions with the skaters ... their happiness and elation, their satisfaction when they've skated the way they hoped they would, and even their disappointment when they didn't. For me, figure skating is all about the emotions and the performance, so I guess it makes sense.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm a he though ;) - my avatar is a picture of Mojca Kopac. :agree2:

Whoa! I am so sorry! I don't know why I made that assumption; my bad.:noshake::eek:: Well, at any rate I won't make that mistake about you again. I feel like Anne of Green Gables, when she said she doesn't make the same mistake twice ... and I concluded that was because so many of her mistakes were stunning whoppers! LOL.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Well unless you want to prod cleo2070 to stay up well past midnight like me the pace of videos you'll be getting is what they're posting. As I've said they've done a good job.

Otherwise, as I mentioned, you are free to find videos on YouTube and post them here. You can be faster than us and do that. Or you can wait.

cleo2070

Final Flight
Pairs FS

Official archived stream of Group 1: DailyMotion

1 Sydney Kolodziej / Maxime Deschamps stream commentary
2 Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe stream commentary
3 Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud stream commentary

4 Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch TSN
5 Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro TSN
6 Julianne Seguin / Charlie Bilodeau TSN
7 Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford TSN

Men FS

Official archived stream of Groups 1 and 2: DailyMotion

1 Edrian Paul Celestino stream commentary
2 Dustin Sherriff-Clayton stream commentary
3 Jérémie Crevaux stream commentary
4 Olivier Bergeron stream commentary
5 Eric Liu stream commentary
6 Bennet Toman stream commentary

7 Samuel Angers stream commentary
8 Stephen Gogolev stream commentary; RDS 2
9 Conrad Orzel stream commentary
10 Liam Firus stream commentary
11 Joseph Phan stream commentary
12 Roman Sadovsky stream commentary

13 Nicolas Nadeau no videos
14 Nam Nguyen TSN, 2nd link
15 Elladj Baldé TSN
16 Keegan Messing TSN, 2nd link
17 Kevin Reynolds TSN, 2nd link
18 Patrick Chan TSN, 2nd link

Note: unless otherwise specified, videos are on YouTube - :thank: to the uploaders!

cleo2070

Final Flight
Going forward

(Fingers crossed this won't turn into any kind of debate!)

I am very sorry to have brought about so much negativity in this thread.
I think I was indeed overeager when posting here and would like to apologize to Mango, who did a great job of organizing the entire Canadian Nationals subforum, for not consulting them before posting.
Now that we have a better impression of how the other approaches things, I hope any future interactions and/or endeavours will go much more smoothly.

And that brings me to the topic of the No Spoilers thread, which, as you may have guessed, I am extremely fond of.
I think because it is a relatively recent addition to the forum, there are no guidelines and the unwritten rules are open to interpretation.

I see two possible solutions for this:

A) keep going as we have (the first person who has the time and the inclination posts first) and indicate whether the contributor will post the next segments or not, e.g. "I'll be back in two hours to post FD" / "I can't post anymore today, hope someone else can cover Ladies and Pairs"
or
B) open a new thread somewhere and discuss how best to organize the No Spoilers thread, establish rules, plan shifts in advance, etc.

I hope I haven't spoiled anyone's weekend and I'll do my best to avoid any such situations in the future. Here's to a fruitful and peaceful No Spoilers thread!

rane

Rinkside
Thank you so much for putting up these videos Cleo2070! You made it possible for me in the US to enjoy some of my favorite skaters! I was so happy I could watch Katelyn, Gabby, Tessa and Scott and Patrick without knowing the results. That takes a lot of time and effort on your part, so thank you so much!!!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

cleo2070 you need not apologize. You and I reached an understanding about posting videos in the two threads and we did our best.

Some posters felt the need to complain so I explained their options to them.

Last season it was just me posting in both threads and there were no issues. But as you wanted to be involved this year I encouraged you. And you did a fine job.

Don't worry about a thing.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well unless you want to prod cleo2070 to stay up well past midnight like me the pace of videos you'll be getting is what they're posting. As I've said they've done a good job.

Otherwise, as I mentioned, you are free to find videos on YouTube and post them here. You can be faster than us and do that. Or you can wait.

I've posted videos in previous VWS threads. I wasn't able to this week-end. As I said before, I appreciate your work, as well as Cleo's. :)