18 Gabrielle Daleman TSN

Note: videos are on YouTube unless otherwise specified
    ETA: added links

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset skylark's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=cleo2070;1923869]Free Dance

Ladies FS

/QUOTE]

so much for these links, cleo2070! I'm particularly happy that you included the TSN links. I'm a big fan of Tracey Wilson, her attitude, her positivity and her enthusiasm for all the skaters.

rooting for Sota

4 Not allowed!
    Quick note to wish everyone happy viewing! It's past midnight in my neck of the woods, so I can only do the next two segments much later.

As you probably already know from Mango's detailed thread starters and posts (thank you!), the official videos will be here: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x56iq7 and it seems the best source of videos on YouTube is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCym...xSsWr3w/videos

If anyone is feeling generous, here are the starting orders:

Pairs FS

1 Sydney Kolodziej / Maxime Deschamps
    2 Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe
    3 Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud

4 Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch
    5 Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro
    6 Julianne Seguin / Charlie Bilodeau
    7 Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford

Men FS

1 Edrian Paul Celestino
    2 Dustin Sherriff-Clayton
    3 Jérémie Crevaux
    4 Olivier Bergeron
    5 Eric Liu
    6 Bennet Toman

7 Samuel Angers
    8 Stephen Gogolev
    9 Conrad Orzel
    10 Liam Firus
    11 Joseph Phan
    12 Roman Sadovsky

13 Nicolas Nadeau
    14 Nam Nguyen
    15 Elladj Baldé
    16 Keegan Messing
    17 Kevin Reynolds
    18 Patrick Chan

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    I feel disappointed that this is happening in this thread.

I wasn't able to watch Canadian championships live yesterday, but I was able to watch many of the programs before I went to bed, thanks to Cleo2070's very kindly and promptly posted links. If I'd had to wait for your official posting, Mango, I wouldn't have been able to watch without spoilers, since it was 12:30 a.m. (for me) before you apparently came back to post anything about the senior groups, and I have to sleep sometime.

I appreciate all your efforts, Mango, and I also very much appreciate Cleo's efforts. These videos without spoilers allow me and others to have a much fuller and more satisfying experience watching the competition than I otherwise would be able to have.

ETA: Perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of this thread. Was it to have a record for the archives, or was it so that GS members could view videos of the competition without spoiling their experience of it?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about? Results and videos yesterday in both threads were put up within a reasonable amount of time. If that's too slow for you you are welcome to post the results and videos yourself.

Today the events are packed so the videos will go up later if you're waiting for me. Or you can help us all out and post them here.

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title! Frenchie's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    ETA: Perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of this thread. Was it to have a record for the archives, or was it so that GS members could view videos of the competition without spoiling their experience of it?
    You did not misunderstand the purpose of this thread. The WONDERFUL addition of "NO SPOILER Videos" after years of the "Videos including results"-thread makes a world of difference to those FS fans who, like me, enjoy watching a competition as it unfolds, understanding the emotions the skaters I'm currently watching go through even when I wasn't able to watch it live. Like this, I can start watching a skater's performance as if it were live, knowing "this and that has to happen for him/her/them to achieve his/her/their goal. Especially in an Olympic Year where the stakes are just so huge for the athletes involved. Completely different to watching a skate already knowing what the final result is, and how someone who skated later on did. I'm sure many fans, like me, went through sheer comical degrees of "trying to AVOID seeing the result of an event before getting to see it" - many frustrating times fruitless.
    I'm eternally grateful to all those awesome people on here who allow me to watch these competitions as if they were live. If they ever feel the need to choose between both formats ("no spoilers videos" and "videos including results"), I don't see any advantage in the latter. If you want to know the end of a movie before you watch it, you can look it up on Wikipedia. If you want to know the result of a Figure Skating competition before watching it(?!?), you can click on "results".

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about? Results and videos yesterday in both threads were put up within a reasonable amount of time. If that's too slow for you you are welcome to post the results and videos yourself.
    Well, that's just it. I'd rather watch without knowing the results ahead of time. Frenchie explained very eloquently in post #20 his experience of it, and I feel just the same. My apologies for not making myself clear.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    I'm sure many fans, like me, went through sheer comical degrees of "trying to AVOID seeing the result of an event before getting to see it" - many frustrating times fruitless....
    I'm eternally grateful to all those awesome people on here who allow me to watch these competitions as if they were live.
    That's exactly it! And it's really difficult, because so many people write congratulations, the thrills, and so forth right in the title so it's impossible to click on it without reading it. And I'm also very grateful.

Since I'm not mostly interested in how people place and who wins, it's puzzling. But I think what I love is that I get to experience the emotions with the skaters ... their happiness and elation, their satisfaction when they've skated the way they hoped they would, and even their disappointment when they didn't. For me, figure skating is all about the emotions and the performance, so I guess it makes sense.

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title! Frenchie's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Frenchie explained very eloquently in post #20 her experience of it, and I feel just the same.
    I'm a he though - my avatar is a picture of Mojca Kopac.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    I'm a he though - my avatar is a picture of Mojca Kopac.
    Whoa! I am so sorry! I don't know why I made that assumption; my bad. Well, at any rate I won't make that mistake about you again. I feel like Anne of Green Gables, when she said she doesn't make the same mistake twice ... and I concluded that was because so many of her mistakes were stunning whoppers! LOL.

0 Not allowed!
    Well unless you want to prod cleo2070 to stay up well past midnight like me the pace of videos you'll be getting is what they're posting. As I've said they've done a good job.

Otherwise, as I mentioned, you are free to find videos on YouTube and post them here. You can be faster than us and do that. Or you can wait.

rooting for Sota

7 Not allowed!
    Pairs FS

Official archived stream of Group 1: DailyMotion

1 Sydney Kolodziej / Maxime Deschamps stream commentary
    2 Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe stream commentary
    3 Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud stream commentary

4 Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch TSN
    5 Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro TSN
    6 Julianne Seguin / Charlie Bilodeau TSN
    7 Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford TSN

Men FS

Official archived stream of Groups 1 and 2: DailyMotion

1 Edrian Paul Celestino stream commentary
    2 Dustin Sherriff-Clayton stream commentary
    3 Jérémie Crevaux stream commentary
    4 Olivier Bergeron stream commentary
    5 Eric Liu stream commentary
    6 Bennet Toman stream commentary

7 Samuel Angers stream commentary
    8 Stephen Gogolev stream commentary; RDS 2
    9 Conrad Orzel stream commentary
    10 Liam Firus stream commentary
    11 Joseph Phan stream commentary
    12 Roman Sadovsky stream commentary

13 Nicolas Nadeau no videos
    14 Nam Nguyen TSN, 2nd link
    15 Elladj Baldé TSN
    16 Keegan Messing TSN, 2nd link
    17 Kevin Reynolds TSN, 2nd link
    18 Patrick Chan TSN, 2nd link

Note: unless otherwise specified, videos are on YouTube - to the uploaders!

rooting for Sota

3 Not allowed!

Going forward

(Fingers crossed this won't turn into any kind of debate!)

I am very sorry to have brought about so much negativity in this thread.
    I think I was indeed overeager when posting here and would like to apologize to Mango, who did a great job of organizing the entire Canadian Nationals subforum, for not consulting them before posting.
    Now that we have a better impression of how the other approaches things, I hope any future interactions and/or endeavours will go much more smoothly.

And that brings me to the topic of the No Spoilers thread, which, as you may have guessed, I am extremely fond of.
    I think because it is a relatively recent addition to the forum, there are no guidelines and the unwritten rules are open to interpretation.

I see two possible solutions for this:

A) keep going as we have (the first person who has the time and the inclination posts first) and indicate whether the contributor will post the next segments or not, e.g. "I'll be back in two hours to post FD" / "I can't post anymore today, hope someone else can cover Ladies and Pairs"
    or
    B) open a new thread somewhere and discuss how best to organize the No Spoilers thread, establish rules, plan shifts in advance, etc.

I hope I haven't spoiled anyone's weekend and I'll do my best to avoid any such situations in the future. Here's to a fruitful and peaceful No Spoilers thread!

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    Thank you so much for putting up these videos Cleo2070! You made it possible for me in the US to enjoy some of my favorite skaters! I was so happy I could watch Katelyn, Gabby, Tessa and Scott and Patrick without knowing the results. That takes a lot of time and effort on your part, so thank you so much!!!

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cleo2070 View Post
    cleo2070 you need not apologize. You and I reached an understanding about posting videos in the two threads and we did our best.

Some posters felt the need to complain so I explained their options to them.

Last season it was just me posting in both threads and there were no issues. But as you wanted to be involved this year I encouraged you. And you did a fine job.

Don't worry about a thing.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    Well unless you want to prod cleo2070 to stay up well past midnight like me the pace of videos you'll be getting is what they're posting. As I've said they've done a good job.

Otherwise, as I mentioned, you are free to find videos on YouTube and post them here. You can be faster than us and do that. Or you can wait.
    I've posted videos in previous VWS threads. I wasn't able to this week-end. As I said before, I appreciate your work, as well as Cleo's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2