Foreign Television Shows (non-US) | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Foreign Television Shows (non-US)

seyitfan

Rinkside
Ekşi Elmalar

They also added İstanbul Kırmızısı, a movie starring the guy from 1,001 Nights and the woman from Cesur ve Gusel.

Hello..........I have watched both the new Turkish movies added in the last few days (Eksi Elmalar and Istanbul Kirmizisi) and have to say they were both a huge disappointment for me. Also, watched the first episode of Velvet Colleccion and did not find it as compelling as the Velvet series. Perhaps Love and Punishment, Seyit ve Sura and Velvet are proving tough acts to follow.

Smile23

On the Ice
Hello..........I have watched both the new Turkish movies added in the last few days (Eksi Elmalar and Istanbul Kirmizisi) and have to say they were both a huge disappointment for me. Also, watched the first episode of Velvet Colleccion and did not find it as compelling as the Velvet series. Perhaps Love and Punishment, Seyit ve Sura and Velvet are proving tough acts to follow.

seyitfan, have you given Grand Hotel a chance?

LoveShura

On the Ice
Thank you so much!! That is very helpful . You summed things up very well. I’m enjoying Silver Spoon!

seyitfan

Rinkside
Smile23, yes indeed I have watched the entire series of Grand Hotel. I loved Alicia and Julio. Thought Javier was a hoot! The police Inspector reminded me of a Belgian detective series, Poirot, who comes across as a bit of a bumbling fool, however, he never gets it wrong and always catches the criminal!

seyitfan

Rinkside
LoveShura, I will certainly give Silver Spoon a viewing. I'm having difficulty finding something that keeps my interest at the moment.

On another note, my son and his wife were visiting over the Easter holiday and I got my daughter in law interested in Olene Kadar. She is hooked and has now gone home and is currently binge watching every chance she gets ha ha.

Smile23

On the Ice
Smile23, yes indeed I have watched the entire series of Grand Hotel. I loved Alicia and Julio. Thought Javier was a hoot! The police Inspector reminded me of a Belgian detective series, Poirot, who comes across as a bit of a bumbling fool, however, he never gets it wrong and always catches the criminal!

OMG Javier was so much fun to watch.

The Inspector was fabulous.

I loved the young Agatha Christie cameo as well as Houdini. That was a nice touch by the writers.

seyitfan

Rinkside
OMG Javier was so much fun to watch.

The Inspector was fabulous.

I loved the young Agatha Christie cameo as well as Houdini. That was a nice touch by the writers.

Ah! I had completely forgotten the Agatha Christie character. Yeah nice touch!

Have you noticed the new Netflix series Secret of the Nile? It appears to be the Egyptian version of Grand Hotel. I dipped in for about 20 minutes but it did not keep my attention like the Spanish version. I find I have to endear to the characters almost immediately otherwise I lose interest.

Smile23

On the Ice
Ah! I had completely forgotten the Agatha Christie character. Yeah nice touch!

Have you noticed the new Netflix series Secret of the Nile? It appears to be the Egyptian version of Grand Hotel. I dipped in for about 20 minutes but it did not keep my attention like the Spanish version. I find I have to endear to the characters almost immediately otherwise I lose interest.

Yeah, there's also a Colombian version on Netflix, Hotel de Secretos or something like that, and it is sooooo bad. :laugh: I dropped it after 5 minutes.

Smile23

On the Ice
I'm really disappointed in the lack of new Turkish shows on Netflix. They just stopped adding them. The last one they added was 20 Minutes in August.

seyitfan

Rinkside
What?! What is the name? A friend of mine from work watched Silver Spoon. And loved it. She said it takes a bit to give into it but then you are hooked. Russian..

LoveShura thanks for the heads up on Silver Spoon. I have just finished Season 2. Once I got into it I really enjoyed it, however I found the final episode a bit confusing and wonder if there may be another series to follow?

LoveShura

On the Ice
LoveShura thanks for the heads up on Silver Spoon. I have just finished Season 2. Once I got into it I really enjoyed it, however I found the final episode a bit confusing and wonder if there may be another series to follow?
I felt the same way, it does look like they made it so there could be more episodes. But I think that is it for now. My friend kinda summed it up good , he didn’t die!!, I was freaking out about that scene and that the whole thing was bigger than him. I think they should do another season. I hope you enjoyed it , there was a lot that was good about it.

Scout12

On the Ice
Not sure if this has been recommended or discussed here yet, but I really enjoyed Netflix - "Secret of the Nile". This is an Egyptian remake of Grand Hotel. It's shorter, but they used the bones of the original story. So for those that know GH, you'll get the love story again. I loved how they made it their own too. I'll be rewatching this one again for sure.

seyitfan

Rinkside
Merhaba ladies.......I haven't been posting much recently, however I have been browsing YouTube and came across a trailer for a movie titled Sonsuz Ask starring (our favourite) Murat Yildirim and Fahriye Evcen. What little I've seen, with no subtitles, looks interesting. So far I have been unsuccessful in finding any English subtitles and was wondering if any of you had seen the movie or know of some way to find it with subtitles? Tesekkurler. Hoscakal.

LoveShura

On the Ice
Merhaba ladies.......I haven't been posting much recently, however I have been browsing YouTube and came across a trailer for a movie titled Sonsuz Ask starring (our favourite) Murat Yildirim and Fahriye Evcen. What little I've seen, with no subtitles, looks interesting. So far I have been unsuccessful in finding any English subtitles and was wondering if any of you had seen the movie or know of some way to find it with subtitles? Tesekkurler. Hoscakal.
Looks interesting!!! Anyone watched anything lately that they love?

Smile23

On the Ice
The Spanish series "The Time in Between" is leaving Netflix on Oct 1 so make sure you watch it before then if it's on your to-watch list.

seyitfan

Rinkside
Good afternoon everyone. I have just been reading in the British Press that Netflix has enlisted 7 million new subscribers! Let's hope that some of those are Turkish viewers and maybe there will be a chance that they will cater for their new customers with some of the latest Turkish dramas. (I live in hope lol).

Manitou

Medalist
I think this one qualifies as a foreign show. I just discovered it and it's fenomenal. Beats GoT for me. A contemporary fantasy romance. It's a British show titled "A Discovery of Witches". It's a Sundance show available in the US on Shudder and Sundance Now.
The cast, the romance, the suspense - I love it and I recommend it.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I think this one qualifies as a foreign show. I just discovered it and it's fenomenal. Beats GoT for me. A contemporary fantasy romance. It's a British show titled "A Discovery of Witches". It's a Sundance show available in the US on Shudder and Sundance Now.
The cast, the romance, the suspense - I love it and I recommend it.

The first episode of ADOW will air on BBC AMERICA in my area this Sunday, April 7, and I cannot wait to see it.. many thanks for the recommendation !!