2018 Canadian Nationals Junior Women - SP | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Junior Women - SP

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
2018 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships - Junior Women Short Program

Wednesday, January 10 at 11:30 PST
(Time in other cities)

Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre
6066 Thunderbird Blvd
Vancouver, BC

Schedule in Pacific Standard Time
Results
English live stream
French live stream
Video
Results & Videos thread
No Spoilers Videos thread

Starting #NameProgram MusicSectionGroup #
1Evelyn WalshSP: Ochi Chornyje (Dark Eyes) performed by Roby Lakatos Ensemble
FS: On My Own performed by Rosalind James
ON1
2Olivia FarrowSP: The Planets
FS: Malaguena performed by Stanley Black, London Festival Orchestra
ON1
3Victoria BocknekSP: Nothing Else Matters by Metallica performed by Marlisa
FS: Experience by Ludovico Einaudi
ON1
4Rosalie VincentSP: With a Little Help from My Friends performed by Nikki Yanofsky
FS: The Grande valse brillante in E-flat major, Op. 18 performed by Lang Lang
QC1
5Lilika ZhengSP: Never Tear Us Apart by Paloma Faith
FS: The Rose by Bette Midler
ON1
6Vasilisa MatantsevaSP: La Cumparsita
FS: An American in Paris
BC/YK1
7Sarah-Maude BlanchardSP: One Day I'll Fly Away by Nicole Kidman
FS: The Storm by Lisa Gerrard, Endi
QC2
8Hannah DawsonSP: Crazy performed by Daniela Andrade
FS: Dog Days are Over by Florence + The Machine
ON2
9Julia LaBellaSP: Booty Swing by Parov Stelar
FS: Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel
ON2
10Emma BulawkaSP: I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane performed by Chantal Kreviazuk
FS: Papa Can You Hear Me? by Barbara Streisand
BC/YK2
11Catherine CarleSP: "Orfeo ed Euridice" Dance of the Blessed Spirits by Gil Shaham; Devil's Dance from "The Witches of Eastwick" by Gil Shaham
FS: Vote for Mr. Rhythm performed by Nikki Yanofsky; Somewhere Over the Rainbow performed by the Hollywood Studio Orchestra; A Tisket, A Tasket performed by Nikki Yanofsky
ON2
12Lissa Anne McGagheySP: Amor Dulce Muerte by Vincente Amigo; Nada Puede Dormir by Vincente Amigo
FS: Maleficent Flies, Path of Destruction by James Newton Howard from "Maleficent"; Once Upon a Dream performed by Lana Del Rey from "Maleficent"; The Queen of Faerieland by James Newton Howard from "Maleficent"
NB2
13Alison SchumacherSP: I Want to Hold Your Hand by John Lennon, Paul McCartney
FS: Fascination by Fermo Dante Marchetti, performed by Andre Rieu
ON3
14Olivia GranSP: Warsaw Concerto composed by Richard Addinsell performed by Frank Chackfiled & His Orchestra, choreographed by Jason Mongrain
FS: Walking in the Air by Celtic Woman, choreographed by Catarina Lindgren
BC/YK3
15Justine BrasseurSP: Alice's Theme by Danny Elfman from "Alice in Wonderland"
FS: U Plavu Zoru by Pink Martini
QC3
16Jolie ChiemSP: Clair de Lune performed by Kun Woo Paik
FS: Spellbound Concerto by Earl Wild from "Spellbound"
AB/NT/NUN3
17Béatrice Lavoie-LéonardSP: It's Happening Again by Agnes Obel; Rain, in Your Black Eyes by Ezio Bosso
FS: The Cheek of Night by Abel Korzeniowski from "Romeo & Juliet"; Old Money by Lana Del Ray; Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota
QC3
18Élodie AdsuarSP: Scheherazade performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
FS: Asturias by Isaac Albeniz performed by William Joseph, feat. Jesse Cook; Shake by Jesse Cook; La Llorona feat. Amanda Martinez by Jesse Cook
QC3

jillredhand

Record Breaker
No one here? No one here, I guess. Still, it's nice to watch Canadian Juniors if for no other reason than Ted Barton's pleasant commentary. The ladies are impressing me as well!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Alison really would have been in first had she actually done a combo. Well, there's always the FS. Ladies tend to be more inconsistent in the FS. Olivia Gran should stay in medal position though.

Alison really would have been in first had she actually done a combo. Well, there's always the FS. Ladies tend to be more inconsistent in the FS. Olivia Gran should stay in medal position though.
Alison was over scored for what she delivered. The 18 year old Sarah-Maude's program was better than the score indicates but she is very inconsistent, the free should be interesting.

Sackie

Medalist
I was really impressed with the quality of what I saw. So nice to even see some of them going for the 3L! Wonder if having Kaetlyn and Gabby has inspired them and they now realise that even a CAN lady can be on a world podium if they have the goods.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Alison was over scored for what she delivered. The 18 year old Sarah-Maude's program was better than the score indicates but she is very inconsistent, the free should be interesting.

If you compare to what she would score internationally, yes. Though at the end of the day we have to remember there is only 1 JWC spot and only 2 ladies right now who have been on the JGP who are healthy now. Unless Hannah Dawson manages a miraculous comeback I don't think anyone but those 2 ladies is being considered for that 1 spot. Those two will be marked accordingly.

If you compare to what she would score internationally, yes. Though at the end of the day we have to remember there is only 1 JWC spot and only 2 ladies right now who have been on the JGP who are healthy now. Unless Hannah Dawson manages a miraculous comeback I don't think anyone but those 2 ladies is being considered for that 1 spot. Those two will be marked accordingly.
I think only one is seriously considered.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Watching the practice today just about confirmed it for me.

I don't know man... One who has all her triples or one who's getting them... I think it's going to be a tough choice. I would like to see Skate Canada sent their potential JWC skaters to a spring international and have them duke it out for a spot on the team. As we see in junior ice dance the international judges don't always agree with the Canadian.

I don't know man... One who has all her triples or one who's getting them... I think it's going to be a tough choice. I would like to see Skate Canada sent their potential JWC skaters to a spring international and have them duke it out for a spot on the team. As we see in junior ice dance the international judges don't always agree with the Canadian.
You mean selection based on merit? Agreed.

Sackie

Medalist
But they also consider those skating in SR ladies who are still OK age wise. So unless one of these JR ladies really come on strong in the Free there are so many others in the SR ladies that will be considered.

But they also consider those skating in SR ladies who are still OK age wise. So unless one of these JR ladies really come on strong in the Free there are so many others in the SR ladies that will be considered.
Agreed Sackie and I think that JW pick is competing Senior this year. The junior free should be a great event today.

ChiquitaBanana

Rinkside
Lots of great programs and attack from the girls. That's what impressed me the most. Many of them can do 3-3 but had problem on the first jump.
I could watch Olivia Gran all day long. She would fait great PCS internationnaly as she has a very Kostner flair to her skating.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Really the choice is between Alison Schumacher and Aurora Cotop. None of the other senior women would be considered for a JWC spot. Olivia Gran though is a good skater. She won the junior women title at 2017 Skate Canada Challenge. She's had 1 JGP but she had some music issues and came 9th. She was injured recently, I think, which is why she wasn't on the JGP or other internationals.

Really the choice is between Alison Schumacher and Aurora Cotop. None of the other senior women would be considered for a JWC spot. Olivia Gran though is a good skater. She won the junior women title at 2017 Skate Canada Challenge. She's had 1 JGP but she had some music issues and came 9th. She was injured recently, I think, which is why she wasn't on the JGP or other internationals.

Well I think it'll be hard to not send Gran now, she earned it, the other two didn't exactly shine.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Well I think it'll be hard to not send Gran now, she earned it, the other two didn't exactly shine.

I don't know, Aurora fought back in the FS. But yeah, two falls in the SP and she'd be cut before the FS. What a quandary.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
It's a tough sport. If SC is going to continue on this consistency path Mango, Gran is going.

Cotop was chosen in the end. I predicted this last season but I really thought Schumacher would be the girl instead after watching the JGP. However Alison seems to have done herself in by doing pairs. Oh well, most Canadian girls are late(r) bloomers anyways. We can just watch & cheer.