2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - SP

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Eric foot down on the lutz and Megan foot down on the throw. Twist was wonky. I think inflation wow. That was not going to beat the Russians or Sui Han they need to fix the little mistakes but nerves understandable. Those were a lot of errors for that score. Understandable inflation for Canada but in Oly they need to fix those things. I like this program on them though.

Wow I did not see a foot down by Eric ; I saw him kind of pitch forward; and didn't see a probl with the throw lutz. Gee thanks for pointing out all these things. It is good to have knowledgeable skating fans to point these things out; still I thought they did fine. I accept national inflation - gosh this is nothing compared to the States.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Just rewatched Ruest and Wolfe again and Drew has to be one the most aesthetically pleasing male pairs skaters I have seen in a while. That back :love:. I hope the talent is nurtured and they continue to improve.

Canada1

Spectator
What a great event! I didn't see this placement coming but with the scores being so close it should make for an exciting free program today!!

Just a question about some of the teams in the first flight! EVELYN and TRENT seem like they are able to respond to the pressure of senior skating! They did very well I thought! Another question about CAMMILLE and ANDREW. Is it common for teams to continue sticking with a double twist? I'm not sure if I can remember a time I've seen a team do a double twist two seasons in a row.

I was impressed with all of the top 4 teams yesterday. Loved JULIANNE and CHARLIE's choreo and short program, they performed it very well. LUBOV and DYLAN have great lift positions! Although KIRSTEN and MICHAEL's lift began to spin a little fast out of control yesterday, I think it says a lot about how far he has come as a lifter that everything was still secure, and they were given their levels and positive GOE for it.

Can't wait for today and to find out who has made the team tomorrow!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What a great event! I didn't see this placement coming but with the scores being so close it should make for an exciting free program today!!

Just a question about some of the teams in the first flight! EVELYN and TRENT seem like they are able to respond to the pressure of senior skating! They did very well I thought! Another question about CAMMILLE and ANDREW. Is it common for teams to continue sticking with a double twist? I'm not sure if I can remember a time I've seen a team do a double twist two seasons in a row.

I was impressed with all of the top 4 teams yesterday. Loved JULIANNE and CHARLIE's choreo and short program, they performed it very well. LUBOV and DYLAN have great lift positions! Although KIRSTEN and MICHAEL's lift began to spin a little fast out of control yesterday, I think it says a lot about how far he has come as a lifter that everything was still secure, and they were given their levels and positive GOE for it.

Can't wait for today and to find out who has made the team tomorrow!

Yes, Evelyn and Trennt did very well. He's aging out of juniors, so they'll be seniors next season. As for Ruest/Wolfe, they did a triple twist at Nebelhorn. I think it was level 1 with a slight negative GOE. Same thing at Challenge. They pulled out of Challenge after the SP. Meagan Duhamel said they were injured in practice the week before and didn't feel up to a FS, but it wasn't serious. I suppose it's possible that has something to do with going back to the double. Or maybe not.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've cut these from the archived livestream:

Séguin & Bilodeau SP: https://vimeo.com/249390569

Their post-SP interview (in French): https://vimeo.com/249390607

Here's the RDS (the French version of TSN) coverage, in case some of you might be interested in the French commentary.

Séguin & Bilodeau SP: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6drsaa

Their post-SP interview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6du5qo (The interview itself is the same as the TSN version, but with additional info by the RDS commentators before and after.)

Although I had filmed these with my camera (which creates 1080p videos) from my friend's TV screen, the quality is fairly good for this type of recording. I don't have a tripod, so I did my best not to move my hands as much as possible.