Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: 2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - SP

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
    MT/M's score seems low to me since they've scored higher than that internationally when clean and I didn't notice any super obvious errors? Not an expert though, guess I missed something.
    Their lift was super scary. My guess is that has something to do with it.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemouse View Post
    Sorry landing foot toe pick goes in before checks out. It was noted on a few twitter accts including Rockerskating but it is seen often by Eric. It is a habit when he pikes. It' ok it's more of something skaters do when they are not feeling confident and it is a habit more than anything and he had issues with the jump on the warmup so my guess he was not feeling it today but he did enough. SO not sure the issue. The proticals had some 0 and -1 for the element but they needed to inflate them obviously. Won't be a problem at their own Nationals and I really like this team.
    Was not a problem for the judges or technical panel. They got appropriate GOEs.

Inflation at Nationals happens in various countries. I am not sure what's so surprising here?

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
    I love S/B's SP! I just love them and am still hoping they evolve into a top team in the next quad.
    This is choreographically one of my favourite SPs of the season, from anyone.

Their twist was absolutely divine, with the catch perfectly timed to the music. The dance-style footwork was really impressive. They're really starting to own the mood of the program, too. Their great speed across the ice was really noticeable here as well.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SashaJuliaSpins View Post
    Careful there! What a die-hard skating fan!
    HeeHee, I’m as hardcore as they come.

Don’t worry, the streaming iPhone was attached directly beside my GPS, both of which I glance at minimally while driving. Unlike a Toronto Maple Leafs game, I can’t listen to skating competitions on AM radio in the car, so listening to a livestream is the next best thing.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I just noticed Brittney and Joshua’s absence here. Did they withdraw? Retire? Was there an injury?

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    just watched Nam's short program, although the quality sucks, he did a great job! love the music choice! too bad for that lutz but it shouldn't hurt him that much. ....I hope he is in the lead, my favorite canadian male skater, just love watching him skate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_b6eLYC3x4

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahSynchro View Post
    Oh, I just noticed Brittney and Joshua’s absence here. Did they withdraw? Retire? Was there an injury?
    They haven't competed all season. Likely have retired.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    They haven't competed all season. Likely have retired.
    Ohhh, that’s too bad. I have some connections with the Hamilton Skating Club, and Brittney and Josh trained there at times with Bryce Davison. I should nose around for more info.

0 Not allowed!
    Purich/Portz also split and now Purich is skating with Bryce Chudak. Justine & Mark will also likely join the senior pairs next season. It's going to be a different landscape. Hopefully Lubov & Dylan can accomplish their goals and move on by then.

2 Not allowed!
    I'm so worried for tomorrow. Come on Lubov and Dylan..find a way.

I love S/B's SP to Everybody wants to rule the world. I actually like Lorde's take on the song even if it will always be a tears for fears song in my mind.

I just can't relax with MM. And that lift did look less than stable to me.

Well done by D/R. Really all they have to do here is not zamboni it in the free and they will win.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemouse View Post
    Eric foot down on the lutz and Megan foot down on the throw. Twist was wonky. I think inflation wow. That was not going to beat the Russians or Sui Han they need to fix the little mistakes but nerves understandable. Those were a lot of errors for that score. Understandable inflation for Canada but in Oly they need to fix those things. I like this program on them though.
    Wow I did not see a foot down by Eric ; I saw him kind of pitch forward; and didn't see a probl with the throw lutz. Gee thanks for pointing out all these things. It is good to have knowledgeable skating fans to point these things out; still I thought they did fine. I accept national inflation - gosh this is nothing compared to the States.

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Just rewatched Ruest and Wolfe again and Drew has to be one the most aesthetically pleasing male pairs skaters I have seen in a while. That back . I hope the talent is nurtured and they continue to improve.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientpeas View Post
    A two foot would be like manna from heaven at this point.
    Look ... from your mouth to skating gods ears!

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    What a great event! I didn't see this placement coming but with the scores being so close it should make for an exciting free program today!!

Just a question about some of the teams in the first flight! EVELYN and TRENT seem like they are able to respond to the pressure of senior skating! They did very well I thought! Another question about CAMMILLE and ANDREW. Is it common for teams to continue sticking with a double twist? I'm not sure if I can remember a time I've seen a team do a double twist two seasons in a row.

I was impressed with all of the top 4 teams yesterday. Loved JULIANNE and CHARLIE's choreo and short program, they performed it very well. LUBOV and DYLAN have great lift positions! Although KIRSTEN and MICHAEL's lift began to spin a little fast out of control yesterday, I think it says a lot about how far he has come as a lifter that everything was still secure, and they were given their levels and positive GOE for it.

Can't wait for today and to find out who has made the team tomorrow!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    What a great event! I didn't see this placement coming but with the scores being so close it should make for an exciting free program today!!

Just a question about some of the teams in the first flight! EVELYN and TRENT seem like they are able to respond to the pressure of senior skating! They did very well I thought! Another question about CAMMILLE and ANDREW. Is it common for teams to continue sticking with a double twist? I'm not sure if I can remember a time I've seen a team do a double twist two seasons in a row.

I was impressed with all of the top 4 teams yesterday. Loved JULIANNE and CHARLIE's choreo and short program, they performed it very well. LUBOV and DYLAN have great lift positions! Although KIRSTEN and MICHAEL's lift began to spin a little fast out of control yesterday, I think it says a lot about how far he has come as a lifter that everything was still secure, and they were given their levels and positive GOE for it.

Can't wait for today and to find out who has made the team tomorrow!
    Yes, Evelyn and Trennt did very well. He's aging out of juniors, so they'll be seniors next season. As for Ruest/Wolfe, they did a triple twist at Nebelhorn. I think it was level 1 with a slight negative GOE. Same thing at Challenge. They pulled out of Challenge after the SP. Meagan Duhamel said they were injured in practice the week before and didn't feel up to a FS, but it wasn't serious. I suppose it's possible that has something to do with going back to the double. Or maybe not.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11