2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs - SP

liv

Record Breaker
NOt getting Juliane and Charlie ahead of I/M... both had errors an I/M have better choreo imho.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well done, Meagan and Eric.

When are they going to fixed the annoying audio problem?! Mute till I know it's fixed.

Well, fixed when I refreshed.

liv

Record Breaker
Good for Meagan and Eric to skate well at Nats.

Not a huge fan of this program, but they're solid. Well done.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So I had to watch the majority of the second half of the pairs event out of the corner of my eye on my iPhone, in my car, while driving home in a raging snowstorm. I have a ridiculously good data plan with my cellphone provider. Anyway, obviously I couldn’t give it my full attention or post my commentary here, but I got the jist of how things were going. Surprised to see I/M in 4th, that really hurts my heart. Dammit Lubov, ya landed your triple, then had that weird splat. Grrrr. Anyway, I thought the battle for bronze and the third Olympic spot would be between MT/M and S/B. I like all three pairs and will be heartbroken tomorrow when one of them learns they have to stay home in February. :(

GGFan

Record Breaker
So I had to watch the majority of the second half of the pairs event out of the corner of my eye on my iPhone, in my car, while driving home in a raging snowstorm. I have a ridiculously good data plan with my cellphone provider. Anyway, obviously I couldn’t give it my full attention or post my commentary here, but I got the jist of how things were going. Surprised to see I/M in 4th, that really hurts my heart. Dammit Lubov, ya landed your triple, then had that weird splat. Grrrr. Anyway, I thought the battle for bronze and the third Olympic spot would be between MT/M and S/B. I like all three pairs and will be heartbroken tomorrow when one of them learns they have to stay home in February. :(

I didn't realize before just now that I'm not ready for I/M to stay at home. They better find a way! :pray:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Meagan and Eric created a special moment for themselves to be very proud of.

skatemouse

On the Ice
Good for Meagan and Eric to skate well at Nats.

Not a huge fan of this program, but they're solid. Well done.

Eric foot down on the lutz and Megan foot down on the throw. Twist was wonky. I think inflation wow. That was not going to beat the Russians or Sui Han they need to fix the little mistakes but nerves understandable. Those were a lot of errors for that score. Understandable inflation for Canada but in Oly they need to fix those things. I like this program on them though.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I didn't realize before just now that I'm not ready for I/M to stay at home. They better find a way! :pray:

I concur. I’m 99.9% sure I’ve read that Dylan will be retiring after this season. All that hard work and dedication he and Lubov put into their career and partnership when at one point they both thought they were done with competitive skating altogether... it would be such a shame if they didn’t make it to Korea. :sad21:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Eric foot down on the lutz and Megan foot down on the throw. Twist was wonky. I think inflation wow. That was not going to beat the Russians or Sui Han they need to fix the little mistakes but nerves understandable. Those were a lot of errors for that score. Understandable inflation for Canada but in Oly they need to fix those things. I like this program on them though.

Eric's foot came down well after he landed that 3Lz. He actually leaned forward to punch out his left leg. The twist was their usual. Meagan's foot did not go down on that throw. You can see it clear the ice. What were you watching to come up with these errors??

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
IMO, this music does them no favors... the song itself is so dreary and sleepy, it mutes them.

WHAT?! Excuse you and your blasphemy! I will fight you right now. Get over here in the wrestling ring. Hope you like cherry jello. :devil::rofl:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight

:eeking::rofl::slink: Careful there! What a die-hard skating fan!