2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance

LadyB

Record Breaker
I’m sad for WeaPos, but super happy for Piper & Paul! Wonderful result!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
"Papadakis/Cizeron looking and comparing those numbers"
No they won't it's Nationals :rofl:
O Canada I love it !

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Wow. Well, that's what happens when you throw the wild PCS at the early skaters. Far less room for the favorites to maneuver.

Unless, of course, they are being "sent a message," although for whatever reason, I don't think Canadians are that ruthless.

I don't think there's any message. Soucisse/Firus skated lights out, and W/P had a fall. They wouldn't be in fourth if it had just been a stumble, I don't think.

bramweld

Record Breaker
What an unfortunate mistake! I love their edges and I love the authenticity of the music. Having said that Kaitlyn and latin always gives me the impression that it's a white girl trying to do latin :noshake: Sorry :slink:

I feel ya. But the dance as a whole is lovely. I mean all they had to do was the twizzles C/B style, super slow and just eeek it out. Rarr.... Weaver looked so mad, Poje looked like a poor puppy. Whiff, whiff.

kresslia

Medalist
oo, Tracy lowkey calling out the judging? Says she feels the 8 point separation between G/P and W/P is too much and too punitive.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
oo, Tracy lowkey calling out the judging? Says she feels the 8 point separation between G/P and W/P is too much and too punitive.

I mean there is whole Twz seq missing. With Nationals you can get the max which is 8.40 easily and there is -1. That's a potential 9 point missing plus PCS for performance.

SpiffySpiders

On the Ice
It's a nationals, so I ignore the scores, but the placements seem fine.

Though I prefer W/P, and they are the higher quality team, them being placed right behind S/F is ok since the latter skated up to thier potential at this time and Andrew, well, revenge of the twizzles. I'm sure they'll be on the second or third podium step after the FD.

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
I mean there is whole Twz seq missing. With Nationals you can get the max which is 8.40 easily and there is -1. That's a potential 9 point missing plus PCS for performance.

Also they still beat G/P for PCS! Admittedly, by less than a point, but when you're missing an entire element that's a bit suspicious :/ I don't think the point separation is too much. I mean, it's a lot to potentially make up for in ice dance, but given what happened I don't think that it's unfair.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Also they still beat G/P for PCS! Admittedly, by less than a point, but when you're missing an entire element that's a bit suspicious :/ I don't think the point separation is too much. I mean, it's a lot to potentially make up for in ice dance, but given what happened I don't think that it's unfair.

This isn't unfair at all. They would have been at 64 internationally maybe.
And G/P skated lights out !

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Canada also has the body of work thing, so I don't thin that WeaPo are out unless they will also bomb the FD

rain

Record Breaker
Gilles and Poirier will be Canadian silver medallists. W/P can't make up that point gap; it's just too big, I think. Very interesting turn of events. And how does that play into the Olympic bronze. Wow!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I mean Marie-France made it possible for P/C to beat WeaPo at worlds 2015. If she does that again this time with S/F, Skate Canada is going to crucify her :rofl:

bramweld

Record Breaker

Nah, Gilles and Poirier were on today. Weaver is lovely but has never matched Poje in terms of skating skills her edges are not very smooth, or precise but they try their best to cover that up. They earned the marks they got today.