2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think there's any message. Soucisse/Firus skated lights out, and W/P had a fall. They wouldn't be in fourth if it had just been a stumble, I don't think.

Yeah, looking at the protocols, I have to agree. No message.

The GOE on the elements following the twizzle fall make it clear they were doing what they could to keep them from dropping too far in the standings.

Now USA Fed would be sending a message with a a cannon. No subtlety in a USFSA "message." LOL

bramweld

Record Breaker
Gilles and Poirier will be Canadian silver medallists. W/P can't make up that point gap; it's just too big, I think. Very interesting turn of events. And how does that play into the Olympic bronze. Wow!

Trust me it's highly likely there will be a Gadbois sweep in PyeongChang. Almost feels it in the bones.

Chantilly

On the Ice
Virtue and Moir were amazing.

I do think they skated a tiny bit cautious, mostly in the NTS sequence and twizzles, but I’m being nit picky. But their Rhumba and partial step sequence were sublime. And their NTS was so detailed, musical and difficult.

The lift was incredible as per usual.

Loved the toned down expression with Scott.

Unfortunate about W and P, but have zero problem with the placement. They’re barely behind S and F who were fantastic.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Again Andrew's twizzles are why we can't have nice things. :cry:

Really strong work from the other four teams : V/M were great. G/P looked much better than during the GP season and S/F looked like they were ready to take that step up to being Canada's number 2 once V/M and W/P retire.

I fully expect W/P to pull up to bronze tomorrow. Heck if G/P mess up their FD they might just make it back up to second. Who knows.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Virtue and Moir were amazing.

I do think they skated a tiny bit cautious, mostly in the NTS sequence and twizzles, but I’m being nit picky. But their Rhumba and partial step sequence were sublime. And their NTS was so detailed, musical and difficult.
In the twizzles sliiightly yes, but I'd rather have that than a Andrew meltdown. :(
In the NTS, it's because they changed the beginning, where at GPF they had a synchronisation issue and they dropped to a level 3.

For the Pst, they FINALLY tone it down. YES to that ! It gives a more romantic vibe to what should be a romantic dance, so they have to keep it that way. And the lift at the end was much smoother than at GPF too. Actually the whole performance felt tone down but it gave a much better effect than when they want to almost force a win (like at GPF) IMO.
(Now please guys change those costumes !)

kresslia

Medalist
Canada also has the body of work thing, so I don't thin that WeaPo are out unless they will also bomb the FD
Even if they came 4th (very unlikely) I think SC would still send them. Their body of work is too strong not to, they are a genuine bronze medal threat.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ice is definitely slippery :( At this point it's really nothing but mental for the Twz.

Andrew's twizzles are so *pulls out hair*.

I don't think this will affect Olympic team placements. Even W/P in 4th will go to Korea ahead of S/F. I'm pretty sure V/M will skate both the SD and FD in the team event.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Andrew's twizzles are so *pulls out hair*.

I don't think this will affect Olympic team placements. Even W/P in 4th will go to Korea ahead of S/F. I'm pretty sure V/M will skate both the SD and FD in the team event.

Oh for sure WeaPo are going to the games. And for sure V/M are doing the entire Team event otherwise Canada won't get gold.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Oh for sure WeaPo are going to the games. And for sure V/M are doing the entire Team event otherwise Canada won't get gold.

I still don't think we are getting the Gold. I think the Russians are going to win it (and as long as that's the fair result I'm okay with it..fairness over nationalism is my mantra). But we definitely need V/M to skate both ( They have the best chance to get first in the SD and if the French team doesn't make the Free program round they will win the 2nd part barring disaster). My biggest team worry is Patrick. Why does it so often come down to me worrying about Patrick?

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I still don't think we are getting the Gold. I think the Russians are going to win it (and as long as that's the fair result I'm okay with it..fairness over nationalism is my mantra). But we definitely need V/M to skate both ( They have the best chance to get first in the SD and if the French team doesn't make the Free program round they will win the 2nd part barring disaster). My biggest team worry is Patrick. Why does it so often come down to me worrying about Patrick?
:thumbsup: to that.

I agree that Patrick will be a big factor to this. But then B/S might be beaten by 3 other teams in the SD, maybe 4. So it really depends on a lot of factor that we won't get to know before the event actually takes place.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Even if they came 4th (very unlikely) I think SC would still send them. Their body of work is too strong not to, they are a genuine bronze medal threat.

Niet, non, no, nein, whatchya talkin bout man? Morozov has completely sidelined this pair.

1. First he had no clue how to pitch the SD,
2. They were their most unprepared at the start of a season ever
3. He allowed them to pursue Spartacus? Really? They don't have the power and combined precision to make a program like
that believeable.
4. He makes them go back to JSM? No matter what, everytime they skate it it just feels old, for lack of a better word.

But finally I am mad at Andrew, man, why are you struggling so bad with those twizzles? :sad21:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
:thumbsup: to that.

I agree that Patrick will be a big factor to this. But then B/S might be beaten by 3 other teams in the SD, maybe 4. So it really depends on a lot of factor that we won't get to know before the event actually takes place.

I will be really interested to see what the Americans do with their team visa vie dance. I mean.. H/D are national champions so they can't just leave them off the team, can they? Anyway.. I don't want to completely hijack the thread.

Wanted to add this: Patrick has caused me so much stress over the years that he makes me long for Elvis sometimes. At least you knew what you were getting from Elvis.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Niet, non, no, nein, whatchya talkin bout man? Morozov has completely sidelined this pair.

1. First he had no clue how to pitch the SD,
2. They were their most unprepared at the start of a season ever
3. He allowed them to pursue Spartacus? Really? They don't have the power and combined precision to make a program like
that believeable.
4. He makes them go back to JSM? No matter what, everytime they skate it it just feels old, for lack of a better word.

But finally I am mad at Andrew, man, why are you struggling so bad with those twizzles? :sad21:

Hey.. did you see the fluff piece about what Morozov said to W/P about their skating before he took them on? Pretty brutal stuff.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Hey.. did you see the fluff piece about what Morozov said to W/P about their skating before he took them on? Pretty brutal stuff.

"My daughter is 12 and she skates faster than you ?" :drama: It's like he read the forums and picked up all the best lines :rofl: