2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Even if watching with my heart somewhere sunk near liver or transported in my throat after WeaPo, Tessa and Scott sure brought it on the table, this last time at Nationals.

For me, the construction of the dance really feeds on their best qualities, and as the dance keeps evolving - the skill shines brighter. Actually, I think that they both are bringing a good amount of glamour and polish into the music chosen and style selected, which elevates the impression created, especially with that execution we saw today. The changes introduced since GPF makes the juxtaposition between stop and move in relation to the music and movement much better differentiated, not losing speed and attack to the program. Moreover - I do feel that overall the dance got more balanced, fluid and effortlessly-looking, especially due to changes in the beginning, in the opening of partial step sequence and in the stop section of non-touching step sequence, still maintaining bold outlook and fierce attitude.

The 'vibe' of the visual mixed with sound and emotion produced transformed for me from 'animalistic' to 'magnetizing': the focus and stress seem to be transferred more into their connection moments (stop during non-touch, entrance into partial step sequence, transitions in and out of pattern etc.) from keeping the intensely high energy in every aspect/move in the performance. The pattern blurring seamlessly into partial step sequence part was definitely a highlight of the dance for me, strangely even if being placed within the middle section of it and reflecting on the 'slower' rhythm - from their energy, frame, edge work, easiness in all turns, Tessa's amazing lines of arms/head and her legs, Scott's way of leading (very strong, in character, but also with sublime quality that was not there previously I feel) to the intimacy level created between then AND then transported into audience, just sensational from the get-go. I love also how their rhumba section works in balance with other two rhythms - I feel now that movement's design is on par with musical highs and lows (the entrance into twizzles with the beat is one of my favourite parts) at basically every place: there's just no place of blankness, visually, musically and mood-wise everything seems so in synch.

And I really adore the commitment, confidence radiating from their every move, gesture, smile and eye connection - it is just so good to see this level of conviction and dedication to the stuff they are presenting after so many years and running their 3rd Olympic cycle. So glad they stuck to themselves and pushed this material on new heights, getting better perspective, more space and comfort for themselves to produce moments like today's.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
OH MY FRIGGIN GOD, I had a doctor’s appointment a couple of hours ago and missed the entire short dance.

Andrew, bless your attractive heart, but WHAT THE FUDGE, MAN?!?!? :bang: :sad21:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
OH MY FRIGGIN GOD, I had a doctor’s appointment a couple of hours ago and missed the entire short dance.

Andrew, bless your attractive heart, but WHAT THE FUDGE, MAN?!?!? :bang: :sad21:

He needs solace! He looked so sad. Kaetlyn said she still loves him.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I will be really interested to see what the Americans do with their team visa vie dance. I mean.. H/D are national champions so they can't just leave them off the team, can they? Anyway.. I don't want to completely hijack the thread.

Wanted to add this: Patrick has caused me so much stress over the years that he makes me long for Elvis sometimes. At least you knew what you were getting from Elvis.

Not the current Elvis

He needs solace! He looked so sad. Kaetlyn said she still loves him.

Kaetlyn loves him? Kaitlyn will be jealous.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

...:(, maybe he needs some fudge to sweeten the error and to level up the energy? He's too sweet himself to be mad at him too long though...;)

auser

Record Breaker

Did you see how many folks in SD thread wanted to console/hug him? If it goes in order of posts, we may have to stand in line :laugh:. I know you would never abide this ;).

kenboy123

On the Ice
i still don't think we are getting the gold. I think the russians are going to win it (and as long as that's the fair result i'm okay with it..fairness over nationalism is my mantra). But we definitely need v/m to skate both ( they have the best chance to get first in the sd and if the french team doesn't make the free program round they will win the 2nd part barring disaster). My biggest team worry is patrick. Why does it so often come down to me worrying about patrick?

does not compute...

Olympic athletes from russia...

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Did you see how many folks in SD thread wanted to console/hug him? If it goes in order of posts, we may have to stand in line :laugh:. I know you would never abide this ;).

I’ll just show up with my cattle prong and zap my way to the front of the line. :laugh: Maybe some tear gas too, for good measure. :devil:

GGFan

Record Breaker
I’ll just show up with my cattle prong and zap my way to the front of the line. :laugh: Maybe some tear gas too, for good measure. :devil:

I doubt you would even be convicted of a crime. If someone stood between you and Poje everyone would agree that they assumed the risk :laugh2:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Tracy Wilson mentioned in the SD recap that she though WeaPo were marked too harshly.

TCAngel18

Medalist
Yeah, looking at the protocols, I have to agree. No message.

The GOE on the elements following the twizzle fall make it clear they were doing what they could to keep them from dropping too far in the standings.

Now USA Fed would be sending a message with a a cannon. No subtlety in a USFSA "message." LOL

Agreed. I got sick of all those “Messages” USFed sent last week.

Ok, so I didn’t watch any of the skates, but did Virtue/Moir REALLY just Skate the best SD ever? Seriously? And this is coming from someone who prefers them over P/C.

I mean, it could have happened, but those scores look kinda hinky.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed. I got sick of all those “Messages” USFed sent last week.

Ok, so I didn’t watch any of the skates, but did Virtue/Moir REALLY just Skate the best SD ever? Seriously? And this is coming from someone who prefers them over P/C.

I mean, it could have happened, but those scores look kinda hinky.

It was well skated for sure. But ALL 3 GOE on EVERY element (except one single 2) and 5 judges giving straight 10"s? Well, relative to the competition, it wasn't crazy... but no, not the best short program ever. IMO.

Barb

Record Breaker
Wow, V/M were amazing, they only need to skate like that in the Olympics.

G/P They were great, and I ADORE their music. Although I noticed that the rumba pattern highlights her bad posture.

W/P, poor guys but why they don´t adopt C/B method, super slow twizzles, it is less probably a fall like that, I guess.