2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I saw results, and now I'm scared to watch WeaPo, was it that bad? Because my heart is breaking seeing as they'll only in 4th in SD...

Andrew pulled out a Zach. The whole Twz seq is gone. The beginning was very good. :/

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Andrew pulled out a Zach. The whole Twz seq is gone. The beginning was very good. :/

I wonder what happened to Andrew. The mistakes in twizzles are way to often recently :(

ETA: I watched and I can't even be mad. He's so pretty and hot :love:, and the skate otherwise was so goood... Poor Kaitlyn though, breakfast in bed for her!

ETA2: P sqaured did great job! :hap10:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I wonder what happened to Andrew. The mistakes in twizzles are way to often recently :(

ETA: I watched and I can't even be mad. He's so pretty and hot :love:, and the skate otherwise was so goood... Poor Kaitlyn though, breakfast in bed for her!

Since worlds 2016, Twz have been a bit off for him. I hope they'll get them for the FD today and the Olympics :dev2:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
IKR!!!

not gonna watch :sad21:

Watch, just ommit twizzlitis part, the dance was quite delicious aside of the darn mistake, one of very few teams with that distinct sense of style in terms of adapting it to the aesthetic of the music and dance style. Andrew just needs to forget quickly and be more focused going forward, or they just have to adapt more cautious approach towards twizzles to simply get them done.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Yes, it was otherwise a beautiful performance. I really hope they get to skate it at the Olympics [I am a bit worried about them now].

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
over 85 for V/M??
Really???

National inflation, nothing new or surprising. Level4 everywhere, +3 GOEs everywhere, and almost all 10s in PCS. We saw it coming since the max score is 85.30 in SD.
If they have a clean FD, since the max score is 124.7, they'll maybe get a 124.

They couldn't do that in the US because top 3 is much closer than 1-2-3 in Canada.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
National inflation, nothing new or surprising. Level4 everywhere, +3 GOEs everywhere, and almost all 10s in PCS. We saw it coming since the max score is 85.30 in SD.
If they have a clean FD, since the max score is 124.7, they'll maybe get a 124.

They couldn't do that in the US because top 3 is much closer than 1-2-3 in Canada.

One judge gave them +2 for one element. I was shocked :D

shyne

Final Flight
Has anyone seen the selection protocol for the Canadian Olympics/worlds team?
W/P still has the spot even if they finish off the podium, right?

Andrea82

Medalist
Has anyone seen the selection protocol for the Canadian Olympics team?

They should get third place pretty easily today if they don't get further elements invalidated.

But yes, they have the "body of work"

The HPDC will exercise discretion with regard to the relative weight and priority of the Selection Criteria as well as other relevant factors deemed appropriate in their decision making process and will take into account, in no specific order, the following criteria:

Medalist at the 2016, and/or the 2017 ISU World Figure Skating Championships
Placement at the 2018 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships
Top 10 placement at the 2016 and/or 2017 ISU World Figure Skating Championships
Top 6 placement at the 2016 and/or 2017 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
Qualifying for the 2015/2016, 2016/2017, and/or 2017/2018 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final and/or the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
Other relevant criteria deemed appropriate for selection

ChanClan

On the Ice
This SD would have gotten a high 82 I think. Both the No-touch and Pst were spot on, especially the Pst was MUCH better than what I've seen them do, so they would have got higher GOEs. Level 4 for Both (I mean Tech Panel always finds something to put a 3 to everyone but still.).

However, no 83 because in an non-national competition, I think the last Key-Point might have been unvalidated especially with a strict Tech Panel. The first edge was bordeline flat/at least not deep enough. I'm picky but I've seen teams lost that KP for less, and I'm sure no one wants the suprise after.
But it's like 0.60 deducted, so honestly, you are at your last nationals, the tech panel is going to talk to you anyway, you might as well give all the points, right ?

I agree with the rest of your post, but I don't think you are right about 80 to 81 unless V/M got a level 3 on one of the step sequences. I think with all level 4s, like here and at Skate Canada, this would probably be around 83 points. They got close to 83 at SC. Sure, it was in Canada too, but they skated better at Nationals.

Maybe. Although seeing it live, it seemed a little shaky so depending on the tech panel they could have gotten an 82-83 in an international competition but I don't know if it would have been a WR.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Maybe. Although seeing it live, it seemed a little shaky so depending on the tech panel they could have gotten an 82-83 in an international competition but I don't know if it would have been a WR.

Shaky ? Perhaps a bit of nervousness since they want to do perform well in front of their home crowd, but good for them it did not really translate on TV. Plus they had a rough practice before.
You are so lucky to be there, enjoy ! :dance3:

shyne

Final Flight
They should get third place pretty easily today if they don't get further elements invalidated.

But yes, they have the "body of work"

The HPDC will exercise discretion with regard to the relative weight and priority of the Selection Criteria as well as other relevant factors deemed appropriate in their decision making process and will take into account, in no specific order, the following criteria:

Medalist at the 2016, and/or the 2017 ISU World Figure Skating Championships
Placement at the 2018 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships
Top 10 placement at the 2016 and/or 2017 ISU World Figure Skating Championships
Top 6 placement at the 2016 and/or 2017 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
Qualifying for the 2015/2016, 2016/2017, and/or 2017/2018 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final and/or the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
Other relevant criteria deemed appropriate for selection

That's good to know.
And I like how they are not comparing placement at individual GP events (unless it's listed under other relevant criteria = =+)
To me, it's not just to compare the GP results unless both skaters competed at the same event.

slider11

Medalist
Weaver/Poje should just go out and skate for themselves and they will do fine. Likely they will be third which is fine. Honestly, I don't think their move to Morozov has been helful. If nothing else, the travelliing to New Jersy and Moscow cannot have been an easy schedule. And, unless you are engrained with the Russian system, it's a tough one to take on towards the end of your career. Finish strong at the Olympics and Worlds and enjoy a career in Asia and maybe with some endorsements.

ChanClan

On the Ice
Shaky ? Perhaps a bit of nervousness since they want to do perform well in front of their home crowd, but good for them it did not really translate on TV. Plus they had a rough practice before.
You are so lucky to be there, enjoy ! :dance3:

Yeah, they didn't seem shaky at all in the TV videos that I watched but there were a couple moments, at least from where I was sitting, where it seemed a little shaky. Probably from some nervousness.

Chantilly

On the Ice
It didn’t seem shaky to me from where I was sitting. Slightly tentative on the twizzles and maybe the NTS, but not shaky.

ChanClan

On the Ice
It didn’t seem shaky to me from where I was sitting. Slightly tentative on the twizzles and maybe the NTS, but not shaky.

Hmm, then maybe it was just me. I was pretty excited about being there so maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me :p

rain

Record Breaker
Has anyone seen the selection protocol for the Canadian Olympics/worlds team?

They will get the spot, no question. I also expect them to easily be third here.