2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Short Dance

Lily flowers

On the Ice
Regarding V/M’s final lift, it is similar to a lift they’ve done in their Stay EX from 2013/2014. I don’t think they were inspired by P/C’s choreo lift.
As far as the emulation goes, I don’t see it at all. Both P/C and V/M programs are beautiful and are as different as the sun and moon. AND this is Canadian nationals, lets keep the comparisons for the next time they meet.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm kind of glad skaters don't read forums. They'd probably be forced to retire after listening to all the suggestions and criticisms they get.

all that

Final Flight
As a diehard PC fan, even I can see that VM aren't trying to copy PC in any way. Some people need to have more confidence in their faves. If anything, VM look more like themselves from years back.

Barb

Record Breaker
Of course you would think this. I wouldn’t have expected anything less from you lol.

I was about to post the same when I read it :laugh:. By the way, it is incredible how some P/C fans can see so much difference among all programs of P/C but then, they see so many similarities to P/C on other skaters/programs who look very different to P/C :scratch2:.

rain

Record Breaker
Regarding V/M’s final lift, it is similar to a lift they’ve done in their Stay EX from 2013/2014. I don’t think they were inspired by P/C’s choreo lift.
As far as the emulation goes, I don’t see it at all. Both P/C and V/M programs are beautiful and are as different as the sun and moon. AND this is Canadian nationals, lets keep the comparisons for the next time they meet.

I love the change to the ending — that is the kind of Olympic finish the program needs and was lacking before. The old ending was pretty, but after the drama of the rest seemed a little subdued and tacked on. This totally works. Step sequence was dynamite — so many special, memorable steps in it now. I'm so excited to see then compete this on Saturday.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I reserve any judgement on the changes to Moulin Rouge until I see it performed in competition. However, since my major complaint has always been the end part I'm hoping to see improvement.

Looking forward to the SD tomorrow. Still sick.. still testy but I'm hoping that once we get through Canadian nationals things will pick up for Europeans. Other than the second spot for men and the two spots for Pairs (D/R are going) there is very little I'm that excited about when it comes to Nationals. There is no way we can compete with the sheer drama of US nationals (and I'm sure most of us are glad for that but it does make it a little bit of a denouement).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Let's see if V and M, W and P and G and P have worked on the crispness of their elements in the SD. V and M are in trouble this year overall because there SD is not as well received and they certainly do not have the gap on P/C this year right or wrong.

auser

Record Breaker
I reserve any judgement on the changes to Moulin Rouge until I see it performed in competition. However, since my major complaint has always been the end part I'm hoping to see improvement.

Looking forward to the SD tomorrow. Still sick.. still testy but I'm hoping that once we get through Canadian nationals things will pick up for Europeans. Other than the second spot for men and the two spots for Pairs (D/R are going) there is very little I'm that excited about when it comes to Nationals. There is no way we can compete with the sheer drama of US nationals (and I'm sure most of us are glad for that but it does make it a little bit of a denouement).
Hope you feel better ancientpeas :ghug:. Looking forward to SD also :dance2:. Hoping drama at Canadian nationals comes from everyone having skated their best :hap10:. Then the drama is on the judges(in a good way) ;).

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Senior SD should be good but if you wanted drama you've missed everything that's been going on this week. There was some drama everyday. But of course, who wants US Nationals drama? That stuff isn't healthy.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Senior SD should be good but if you wanted drama you've missed everything that's been going on this week. There was some drama everyday. But of course, who wants US Nationals drama? That stuff isn't healthy.

I think that as much as we thrive often for that kind of stuff like we saw at US Nats (though I'd like to see much of ID 'drama' happened there, sourced more from top-notch skating from almost everyone, especially top teams/skaters), it is the most unhealthy for skaters themselves, because as we are seeing it from afar, constantly making up our judgement, the situation touches them directly, making them often very vulnerable for public eye.

I can only hope, as I wrote already in the other thread, that the performances and skating itself will provide enough shine to focus on (excluding ofc a standard criticism over some programs, because that's a given ;)) - this is the kind of thrill that is the most exciting, seeing one brilliance after another, something that moves far beyond creating just a beautiful visual.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
my usual :ghug: for WeaPo
good luck bbs!!:luv17::cheer:

get well ancientpeas:console::console:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
my usual :ghug: for WeaPo
good luck bbs!!:luv17::cheer:

get well ancientpeas:console::console:

seeing WeaPo yesterday at practice skating FD gave me major FEELS all around:love:, watching them, one cannot help, but wish to experience such strong bond like they have together, the care they have for each other, it's palpable for me to feel

auser

Record Breaker
seeing WeaPo yesterday at practice skating FD gave me major FEELS all around:love:, watching them, one cannot help, but wish to experience such strong bond like they have together, the care they have for each other, it's palpable for me to feel
Are you in Canada NoNameFace ? Glad you enjoyed the skate from where ever you were watching :).

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Are you in Canada NoNameFace ? Glad you enjoyed the skate from where ever you were watching :).

hehe, no to my despair:laugh:

I may sound like I was here in person, but it was sadly watching the practice yesterday on my phone, I have to be more diligent on stressing out the fact that I am watching it via phone/laptop;), but the feels emoted by WeaPo - so, so real! We can debate all day about twizzlitis disease or them re-hashing 'Je suis malade' program, but if any team is capable of turning tables around by single performance, the power of it carries, it's them in my opinion.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

I agree big time. It wasn't skated at full potential in GP France and there were a lot of tiny mistakes that make the score drop a lot. They were a bit rushed, maybe they were going too hard for that podium place ? I really hope for polishing, and if I get at least what I saw in the practice video, I will be VERY happy :drama:

I liked their Four seasons and Bitter Earth FD, but there is something about WeaPo that screams raw emotions, that's why "Je suis Malade" and "Tango de Maria" were their best FD. They do that "almost-Russian" style very well (and better than the majority of the field. They actually do have a Russian kind of way of portraying their programs).

I hope they'll stay until Worlds 2020. Or at least next year, because I need a tango SD from them.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
After watching Virtue/Moir's FD practice, they REALLY seems to shake that cuts up to the Olympic notch. Not that this will miraculously turn people into fans of that program, because they went even more dramatic and picturesque with second part arrangement. But it suits the whole idea so much... I guess it is quite amazing to realize the rightfulness and brilliance of the idea when it appears in action;), glad that the program keeps growing, evolving and - true to Tessa and Scott words - opening more for getting more out of it than just a beautiful picture.

I agree! They looked incredible & changing the music cuts in the second half plus a new lift at the end - can’t wait to see the new program in full. What a difference seeing them in person.

Emilia12

Rinkside
I agree big time. It wasn't skated at full potential in GP France and there were a lot of tiny mistakes that make the score drop a lot. They were a bit rushed, maybe they were going too hard for that podium place ? I really hope for polishing, and if I get at least what I saw in the practice video, I will be VERY happy :drama:

I liked their Four seasons and Bitter Earth FD, but there is something about WeaPo that screams raw emotions, that's why "Je suis Malade" and "Tango de Maria" were their best FD. They do that "almost-Russian" style very well (and better than the majority of the field. They actually do have a Russian kind of way of portraying their programs).

I hope they'll stay until Worlds 2020. Or at least next year, because I need a tango SD from them.

In France they both skated while injured, and Kaitlyn's injury was quite serious. I'm still shocked they choose to perform and didn't withdraw. Now, as it seems Kaitlyn is done with her therapy, and they should be prepared well