2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - SP | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - SP

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
2018 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships - Senior Women Short Program

Friday, January 12 at 09:40 PST
(Time in other cities)
Airing partially on TSN4 starting at 15:00 EST / 12:00 PST

Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre
6066 Thunderbird Blvd
Vancouver, BC

Schedule in Pacific Standard Time
Results
English live stream
French live stream
Video
Results & Videos thread
No Spoilers Videos thread

Golden Skate coverage: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

Starting #NameProgram MusicSectionGroup #
1Jane GraySP: Istanbul by They Might be Giants, choreographed by Catarina Lindgren
FS: A Rose Among Thorns (The Mission) by Ennio Morricone and Dulce Pontes, performed by Giorgia Fumanti
AB/NT/NUN1
2Amanda TobinSP: Falling Slowly by Vitamin String Quartet; La Boulange by Yann Tiersen; Falling Slowly by Vitamin String Quartet, choreographed by Shae Zukiwsky
FS: The Quality of Mercy by Max Richter, from "The Leftovers" Season 2 + ???
ON1
3Maysie PolizianiSP: At Last by Etta James, choreographed by Asher Hill
FS: Luminous by Max Richter, from "Perfect Sense"
ON1
4Sarah TamuraSP: Nuages... en montagne by Pierre Porte, choreographed by Mark Pillay
FS: The Firebird by Igor Stravinski, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
BC/YK1
5Hélène CarleSP: Let's Never Stop Falling in Love; Hang On Little Tomato by Pink Martini, choreographed by Joey Russell
FS: Cleopatra by Trevor James; Bek and Zaya's Theme by Marc Beltrami; Coronation by Marc Beltrami; Cleopatra by Trevor James
ON1
6Sophie LaroucheSP: U Flavu Zoru by Pink Martini, choreographed by Milena Todaro
FS: Circles (based on Ludovico Einaudi "Experience") by Ludovico Einaudi feat. Greta Svabo Bech
QC1
7Kim DeGuise LéveilléeSP: Reel Around The Sun by Bill Whelan, choreographed by David Wilson
FS: Something for the Cat; The Big Blow Out composed by Henry Mancini from "Breakfast at Tiffany's"; Moon River composed by Henry Mancini, performed by Audrey Hephburn, from "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
QC2
8Triena RobinsonSP: No One Like You by Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra; Hijo De La Luna by Sarah Brightman, choreographed by Catarina Lindgren
FS: Mas Que Nada by Sergio Mendes, The Black Eyed Peas; Besame Mucho by Michel Petrucciani; Magalenha by Sergio Mendes, Carlinhos Brown
AB/NT/NUN2
9Aislinn GanciSP: Riders on the Storm The Doors Concerto by Jaz Coleman, Nigel Kennedy, choreographed by Jeremy Ten
FS: Fearsome Flight; Créature De Siam; 11h11 by Cirque du Soleil from "Kurios"
AB/NT/NUN2
10Kelsey WongSP: Ne Me Quitte Pas by Jacques Brel, choreographed by Mark Pillay
FS: Tangosaín by Luis Bacalov; Adiós Nonino (Tango Rapsodia) - orchestrated by Luis Enriques Bacalov, composed by Astor Piazzolla
BC/YK2
11Emy DecellesSP: Chandelier [Piano Verison] by Sia, choreographed by Julie Marcotte
FS: Selections from "The Great Gatsby"
QC2
12Alicia PineaultSP: Back to Black by Amy Winehouse, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix by Camille Saint-Saens, performed by Maria Callas, from "Samson et Delilah", choreography by Sebastian Britten
QC2
13Michelle LongSP: Oblivion (One Stolen Kiss) performed by Sissel, choreographed by Lori Nichol
FS: Turandot: "Nessun Dorma" performed by the BBC Concert Orchestra; Nessun Dorma [Warner Version] by Sarah Brightman
ON3
14Aurora CotopSP: Habanera by George Bizet, choreographed by Myke Gillam
FS: Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy, choreographed by Myke Gillam
ON3
15Larkyn AustmanSP: Mein Herr (from Cabaret), choreographed by Mark Pillay
FS: Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg, choreographed by Mark Pillay
BC/YK3
16Alaine ChartrandSP: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Sunset Boulevard by Andrew Lloyd Webber, choreographed by David Wilson
ON3
17Gabrielle DalemanSP: Habanera (from "Carmen") by George Bizet, choreographed by Lori Nichol
FS: Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin, choreographed by Lori Nichol
ON3
18Kaetlyn OsmondSP: Sous le ciel de Paris by Hubert Giraud performed by Edith Piaf; Milord by Marguerite Monnot performed by Edith Piaf, choreographed by Lance Vipond
FS: Andante Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski; No. 24 Scene: Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski; Stumbled Beginnings (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell; Nina's Dream (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle
AB/NT/NUN3

russianfan

Match Penalty
so, bottom five in reverse order - that is how its gonna look like at the end? or do we have someone else to make a splash?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I believe Kaetlyn can deliver a clean short program, but really want to see her make a clean FS. If Kaetlyn can deliver her free skate cleanly with her current layout for once regardless of the fact that this is a National event (int' event would be even better, but 4CC is too close to the Nationals and Olympics), that would be a good statement to the world that she can be a contender for OGM. I really don't understand how the OGM contention can be just between the two Russian girls.

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
I believe Kaetlyn can deliver a clean short program, but really want to see her make a clean FS. If Kaetlyn can deliver her free skate cleanly with her current layout for once regardless of the fact that this is a National event (int' event would be even better, but 4CC is too close to the Nationals and Olympics), that would be a good statement to the world that she can be a contender for OGM. I really don't understand how the OGM contention can be just between the two Russian girls.

Well Kaetlyn's battled through a lot to get to this week, she'll get her OGM.

With or without the Russkies in the way.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Well Kaetlyn's battled through a lot to get to this week, she'll get her OGM.

With or without the Russkies in the way.

It's true she's been through a lot of hardship. I didn't expect she can pull off this much considering her injuries and long rehabilitation time. That's why it would be epic if she wins the OGM.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Ok Canadian friends I'm not trying to be shady, just doing research because I only really know your top 3 :biggrin: I noticed that they're doing reverse ranking order for the short and I remember Larkyn from Skate Cadana: is she for real your fourth ranked woman? :scratch2:

Remember . . . research :coffee:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Ok Canadian friends I'm not trying to be shady, just doing research because I only really know your top 3 :biggrin: I noticed that they're doing reverse ranking order for the short and I remember Larkyn from Skate Cadana: is she for real your fourth ranked woman? :scratch2:

From last season, yes. I am not sure what the national rankings are this season as the link seems to have disappeared in the website overhaul.

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
It's true she's been through a lot of hardship. I didn't expect she can pull off this much considering her injuries and long rehabilitation time. That's why it would be epic if she wins the OGM.

Agreed, which is why I'm a Yank for Osmond.

Sackie

Medalist

Larkyn can deliver a good skate and she did at last years nationals. However she had little international experience going into Skate Canada and it showed. Canada does not send out a lot of these lower ranked skaters to B comps.

Go Alaine!!! Just saw her SP in practice and it was solid. I'd want to review the 3T at the back of her combo but 3LP and 2A were solid, and I really enjoyed the performance factor she showed. This is more like it girl! :clap:

Sackie

Medalist
Go Alaine!!! Just saw her SP in practice and it was solid. I'd want to review the 3T at the back of her combo but 3LP and 2A were solid, and I really enjoyed the performance factor she showed. This is more like it girl! :clap:
This is good to hear because it has been the Short that has got her into trouble this year. But Tracy once said that when Alaine gets nervous she under rotates her jumps. And that is the one thing that really can cause your score to drop cause the judges also seen to dock your PCS when you do under rotate.

This is good to hear because it has been the Short that has got her into trouble this year. But Tracy once said that when Alaine gets nervous she under rotates her jumps. And that is the one thing that really can cause your score to drop cause the judges also seen to dock your PCS when you do under rotate.
Indeed a very strong short, the best I've seen her skate this season.

Kaitlyn was icing that knee again after a great practice.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
HOT UPDATE Everyone: Ted Barton just said on the practice stream that TSN/CTV are allowing Skate Canada to stream ALL of the ladies' short program, ALL of the pairs short program tomorrow. They will still stream only the 1st Dance group (not the big guns in the 2nd group) and only the first 2 groups of the men (not the big guns in the 3rd group). Hooray!!!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
HOT UPDATE Everyone: Ted Barton just said on the practice stream that TSN/CTV are allowing Skate Canada to stream ALL of the ladies' short program, ALL of the pairs short program tomorrow. They will still stream only the 1st Dance group (not the big guns in the 2nd group) and only the first 2 groups of the men (not the big guns in the 3rd group). Hooray!!!

Go Ted!!!! :bow: