2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - SP

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh no, icing the knee does this mean Osmond is injured? I assume Gabby won't try the 4T in the short? But my concern regardless where and if she tries it - will she lose the memory for the 3T3T which is her bread and butter? Though a fully rated 4T with a fall is still worth like another clean triple.

Icey

Record Breaker
HOT UPDATE Everyone: Ted Barton just said on the practice stream that TSN/CTV are allowing Skate Canada to stream ALL of the ladies' short program, ALL of the pairs short program tomorrow. They will still stream only the 1st Dance group (not the big guns in the 2nd group) and only the first 2 groups of the men (not the big guns in the 3rd group). Hooray!!!

Well, I'm delighted we will get to see all the lady's short programs, but why the difference in treatment for the men and the ice dancers. Isn't there a message here?

Well, I'm delighted we will get to see all the lady's short programs, but why the difference in treatment for the men and the ice dancers. Isn't there a message here?
Lol, I had to laugh at the comment, I am glad they did what they did, it really doesn't have to be an all or nothing.

Larkyn can deliver a good skate and she did at last years nationals. However she had little international experience going into Skate Canada and it showed. Canada does not send out a lot of these lower ranked skaters to B comps.
Indeed by far the greatest shortfall in our Canadian program, the lack of funds reserved for assignments. I think National funding for International assignments should be budgeted before it gets to the National Sports Organizations.

Oh no, icing the knee does this mean Osmond is injured? I assume Gabby won't try the 4T in the short? But my concern regardless where and if she tries it - will she lose the memory for the 3T3T which is her bread and butter? Though a fully rated 4T with a fall is still worth like another clean triple.
If she's injured she sure didn't show it on the ice.

Larkyn can deliver a good skate and she did at last years nationals. However she had little international experience going into Skate Canada and it showed. Canada does not send out a lot of these lower ranked skaters to B comps.
Has been very inconsistent this year.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Sometimes I find myself wondering if skaters like Michelle or Larkyn could get consistent on their jumps how well would they do? They can emote well and skate with expression but the jumps take a lot out of their programs. They should look to Kaetlyn as an example of how getting your jumps in order can take you from a mid-pack skater to a top tier skater.

Sometimes I find myself wondering if skaters like Michelle or Larkyn could get consistent on their jumps how well would they do? They can emote well and skate with expression but the jumps take a lot out of their programs. They should look to Kaetlyn as an example of how getting your jumps in order can take you from a mid-pack skater to a top tier skater.
Absolutely agree. Once you figure it out, patent it and make millions. so many beautiful skaters who could have done so much better had their jumps been consistent.

CAS

On the Ice
Is the streaming working for people? I keep getting a still screen saying live will start but practices have been on for a while now?

Is the streaming working for people? I keep getting a still screen saying live will start but practices have been on for a while now?

No I'm having the same issue - and have all morning. As the Ladies SP will start in less than an hour, I can only hope the stream will be working in time. The only skating I'll be able to see live today is the first 2 groups of the ladies, then the men this evening. :sad46: