2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - SP

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I refreshed the page and it started live.

eta 12 minutes later. I realize the stream has stop and it will not restart. Let's hope it will function when the competition starts.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The video has been on but I surely hope they fix the problem with repeating irrelevant irritating audio. :(

eta The audio on the French stream works fine. Officials being introduced. Announcements are bilingual.

Well, English host and commentators too.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are there any livestreams out there that aren’t from CBC/Daily Motion or Skate Canada? Perhaps one from a different country? Hit me up with a link if one exists, please. :)

GGFan

Record Breaker
Oooh the Canadian accents are strong! I have been instantly transported up north :dev2::biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oooh the Canadian accents are strong! I have been instantly transported up north :dev2::biggrin:

My life!! I’m often accused of being Canadian because of my accent. I grew up with and now work with and around Canadians like all the time and it’s worn off on me. :agree:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dear Maysie,

Love that Etta James but please stop doing those pogo falls :cry:

Ooh..39 :console:

millie

Medalist
I am Canadian and also a Newfoundlander.....I am rooting for Kaetlyn but I hope that all the ladies do the best that that they can...that's all they can do....go girls

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sarah is a gorgeous skater...IIRC this is a home event for her. Too bad about that fall. She caught my eye at Skate Detroit a few years back and it’s nice to see the upward path she is on.Amazing use of her skating to enhance her performance and interpretation.

Great Music selection :points:

Is anyone else watching??? :scratch:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I love listening to Debbi Wilkes' commentaries with her silky voice. As a big sucker of nice voices, she can be my favorite Canadian commentator along with PJ Kwong. I feel like I've heard her commentaries somewhere like NRW Trophy? Of course Ted's commentaries are two thumbs-up worthy as always.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'm taking notes and learning lessons on how to be a nice and encouraging Canadian diplomat :coffee::devil:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Sarah was great. :clap: Very determined, very nice flow. Maybe she could add a little more speed, but she is on a good path.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
54???

I thought 61-64 would have been more appropriate score for Sarah.

That's the best I've seen Sarah skate in a long time. I really liked the passion she showed.

Nice attempt at combo and as Debbi said, a good correction for the 3LP. That was also a decent 2A which isn't always the case with Joanne MacLeod's students. :slink:

...that was a low score. I wonder if the 3T on the combo was UR?