2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Men - SP | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Men - SP

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
2018 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships - Senior Men Short Program

Friday, January 12 at 16:55 PST
(Time in other cities)
Airing partially on TSN4 and TSN5 starting at 20:30 EST / 17:30 PST

Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre
6066 Thunderbird Blvd
Vancouver, BC

Schedule in Pacific Standard Time
Results
English live stream
French live stream
Results & Videos thread
No Spoilers Videos thread

Golden Skate coverage: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

Starting #NameProgram MusicSectionGroup #
1Dustin Sherriff-ClaytonSP: Ain't That A Kick In The Head by Robbie Williams, choreographed by Mark Pillay
FS: But not For Me; It had To Be You (Big Band and Vocals) by Henry Connick, Jr.
AB/NT/NUN1
2Jérémie CrevauxSP: It Don't Mean a Thing (If Ain't Got That Swing) 1990 Remastered Version by Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, choreographed by Sébastien Britten
FS: Batman Evolution by The Piano Guys; Waltz To The Death by Sinfonia of London Orchestra; Batman Evolution by The Piano Guys; Daniel Elfman/Prince - Batman by Luftwaffenmusikkorps 2 Karlsruhe
QC1
3Eric LiuSP: Blues For Klook by Eddie Louis, choreographed by Lance Vipond
FS: Sherlock Holmes (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, choreographed by Lance Vipond
AB/NT/NUN1
4Olivier BergeronSP: Cry Me A River by Michael Bublé, choreographed by Julie Marcotte
FS: Another One Bites the Dust; Under Pressure; Don't Stop me Now; Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen
QC1
5Edrian Paul CelestinoSP: That's Life by Frank Sinatra, choreographed by Julie Marcotte
FS: Las Cuatros Estaciones Portenas: III. Winter by Astor Piazzolla, choreographed by Julie Marcotte
QC1
6Bennet TomanSP: I'd Rather Go Blind by Michael Grimm
FS: Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen
ON1
7Conrad OrzelSP: Secrets by One Republic; Beethoven's Five Secrets by The Piano Guys, choreographed by Shae Zukiwsky
FS: Big My Secret (from "The Piano" soundtrack) by Michael Nyman; Knowing the Ropes (soundtrack), choreographed by Shae Zukiwsky
ON2
8Samuel AngersSP: Secrets by One Republic, choreographed by Shawn Sawyer
FS: Life on Mars; Space Oddity; Man Who Sold the World by David Bowie
QC2
9Elladj BaldéSP: The Sound of Silence by Disturbed, choreographed by Julie Marcotte
FS: I've Been Loving You Too Long by Otis Redding; Get Up Offa That Thing by James Brown; Coming Home by Leon Bridges; Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
QC2
10Stephen GogolevSP: Run Boy Run by Woodkid, choreographed by Mary Angela Larmer
FS: Mozart medley from "Amadeus", choreographed by David Wilson
ON2
11Joseph PhanSP: The Best Is Yet to Come by Michael Bublé, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle
FS: Selections from "The Godfather", choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle
QC2
12Roman SadovskySP: The Vampire Masquerade by Peter Gundry, choreographed by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
FS: Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg, choreographed by Mark Pillay
ON2
13Liam FirusSP: Happy Ending by Mika, choreographed by Julie Marcotte
FS: La La Land (soundtrack) Justin Hurwitz, choreographed by Julie Marcotte
BC/YK3
14Keegan MessingSP: Singin' in the Rain by Nacio Herb Brown performed by Gene Kelly, choreographed by Lance Vipond
FS: The Sober Dawn (from "City Lights") by Charlie Chaplin; The Reel Chaplin: A Symphonic Adventure, Pt. 2 by Charlie Chaplin,
choreographed by Lance Vipond
AB/NT/NUN3
15Nicolas NadeauSP: A Wink and a Smile (from "Sleepless In Seattle" soundtrack) by Harry Connick Jr.; A Wink and a Smile (from "S'Wonderful") by Harry Connick Jr., choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Elvis Presley Medley, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
QC3
16Nam NguyenSP: Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Joseph William Morgan, choreographed by David Wilson
FS: La Strada by Nino Rota
ON3
17Kevin ReynoldsSP: Moanin' by Art Blakey, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace by Karl Jenkins, choreographed by Mark Pillay
BC/YK3
18Patrick ChanSP: Dust in the Wind by Kerry Livgren, performed by Kansas, choreographed by David Wilson
FS: Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, performed by Jeff Buckley, choreographed by David Wilson
ON3

Sackie

Medalist
The Short Program is going to prove very telling this year. With so many in the running for the podium some of them will find themselves not skating in the final group after the short! In fact one of the contenders could find themselves back in 10 place, or even lower if they miss up their short!

Scout

Final Flight
Regardless of the outcome, this is going to be a heartbreaking event. I can only hope that the men bring it, so at the very least, they can leave the ice proud of what they've done.

Sackie

Medalist
I know some will be heartbroken but they also have to be realistic and they themselves know they are just 1 of many who can make the team. Just hope that they all skate well and it comes down to who deserves it more and not the ones who skater the best of the worse.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Gooo Keegan! :clapper: Gooo Elladj! :clapper: Gooo everyone! :clapper:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Come on Kevin!!!!!!!!!!! (I'll be here breathing into a paper bag when the time comes for him to skate)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Good luck to my favorite active skater, Patrick Chan. I realize this will likely be your final Nationals and I hope you have the skates of your life. I have loved watching you skate for a decade.....I was there in 2008 and I hope to be there in 2018......:cheer2:

Still missing 4everchan........One of my favorite posters of all time...:cool2:

Patrick, I can’t wait to see your moving and memorable DITW. Thank you for the years of joy and amazement your skating has given me.
Keegan, make me swing and sway to your happy Singin’ in the Rain.
Liam, I am mesmerized by your beautiful edge work. Ever thought of giving ice dance a go when you're done with singles skating? You’re a natural with the dancey feet!
Elladj, there’s a reason you’re asked to do galas – absolutely love your commitment to performance.

Nic, Joseph, Nam, Kevin, Roman, Stephen and ALL you guys – I'm so looking forward to the variety of SPs....go out and slay! :yahoo:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Patrick, I can’t wait to see your moving and memorable DITW. Thank you for the years of joy and amazement your skating has given me.
Keegan, make me swing and sway to your happy Singin’ in the Rain.
Liam, I am mesmerized by your beautiful edge work. Ever thought of giving ice dance a go when you're done with singles skating? You’re a natural with the dancey feet!
Elladj, there’s a reason you’re asked to do galas – absolutely love your commitment to performance.

Nic, Joseph, Nam, Kevin, Roman, Stephen and ALL you guys – I'm so looking forward to the variety of SPs....go out and slay! :yahoo:

This comment......:bow::bow::bow:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't think he is eligible to skate as a senior internationally and maybe barely as a junior. I thought he was quite young still.

Stephen, who turned 13 2.5 weeks ago, will become eligible for international junior-level competitions this upcoming July.

Icey

Record Breaker
12 is the maximum number of cities and that is already reached (time). NY time anyone?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I really wonder about how good Patrick's shape will be.

I also wonder who will take to the second Olympic spot. I thought Kevin would be that one just like Sochi, but I'm not sure of that as he struggled this season after his nice showings last season. On the other hand, Keegan got some success in the GP series, so I wonder he can continue the momentum and nap the silver.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
12 is the maximum number of cities and that is already reached (time). NY time anyone?

NYC and Toronto are in the same time zone. :)

Stephen's eligible for junior competitions as of the 2018-2019 season. No reason he can't try his best here though. A top 5 (or in this year, top 7) finish means a spot on the National team and some $$.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I also wonder who will take to the second Olympic spot. I thought Kevin would be that one just like Sochi, but I'm not sure of that as he struggled this season after his nice showings last season. On the other hand, Keegan got some success in the GP series, so I wonder he can continue the momentum and nap the silver.

Keegan seems like the most likely candidate if he doesn't fall apart. I personally wish it would be Nadeau though. Nam is a dark horse, but I don't think all these coaching changes have helped him much.

danse

On the Ice
I'm hopeful for some clean skates, and some beautiful memories. That second men's spot will be interesting to see who steps up to the pressure. I'd like to see everyone skate well, but especially Patrick - to see how he's improve while working with Ravi Walia and others, and also Elladj Balde, who could skate to a fax machine noise and I'd still probably love it.