Head Scratching Programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Head Scratching Programs

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Med's 9/11 program last year. I just can't. I was in Washington on 9/11 and hearing those voice overs again made me ill. The music was fine and the theme was clear, and that would have been sufficient. Way too soon for the rest.

Mussique

On the Ice
For true head-scratching, confused dorkiness, the whole flying-zebra-seeing-snow-for-the-first-time thingy, complete with flaying arms and colorful costume. https://youtu.be/F893u_lTNVw
I love Lambiel, but that program makes me feel even dumber than I am when I think of his choice of theme/costume :laugh: That program wouldn't be as memorable if he had taken a more "normal" route, it's true (gorgeous jumps aside) but, like, really. A parrot zebra doesn't do anyone any favors.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Not sure if I get the meaning of "head-scratching" expression correctly but if I do get it then the following program might be appropriate for this thread: https://youtu.be/HXhIf1hkOYw

I'm trying to understand this but I can't. And I hope that's not her Oly gala.
But I'm not hating it. And I'm not loving it. I'm just absolutely confused. lol
Specially because it does look a bit inadequate for such a young girl.
But I like the candle thing and the mood.
Overall, a very strange program.

abbyblack

Rinkside
Any of the ice dancers skating to "latin rhythms" who couldn't choose real Latin music but instead put a "latin beat" to pop music, especially P/C Ed Sheeran program.

shmay

On the Ice
Haha...I love this program!! It’s like she’s mending Human and Alien spirits into one spectacular being right before our very eyes!

Yeah, that program was totally understandable compared to the gem she had the following season, in which she infamously portrayed a drug-addled prostitute. Didn't a dance or pairs team do a domestic violence program that season as well? And Czako's planned program was also ludicrous?

Another mention for this thread is when Kanako Murakami skated to the Yentl soundtrack and wore a cross on her costume as I recall. How out of touch can you be?

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Yeah, that program was totally understandable compared to the gem she had the following season, in which she infamously portrayed a drug-addled prostitute. Didn't a dance or pairs team do a domestic violence program that season as well? And Czako's planned program was also ludicrous?

Another mention for this thread is when Kanako Murakami skated to the Yentl soundtrack and wore a cross on her costume as I recall. How out of touch can you be?

I remember that. Schwarz/Müller, 1999 FS to music from the movie "broken arrow" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoevkgvJPZw

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Now that we live in the Age of the Lyric, is anyone else waiting for a “Blades of Glory” - esque skate? I’m thinking particularly of the Marylin Monroe pair, with the slo-mo shot of her regurgitating pills with the aid of her partner’s heimlich manoeuvre. With so many skaters producing programs with “themes”, I can truly see this coming.
I mean, Adam Rippon is already doing a good enough job of putting Will Ferrell to shame with his SP (which I somehow love...why am I admitting this in public? 🤪)