2018 Canadian Nationals Junior Men - FS | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Junior Men - FS

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
2018 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships - Junior Men Short Program

Wednesday, January 10 at 18:53 PST
(Time in other cities)

Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre
6066 Thunderbird Blvd
Vancouver, BC

Schedule in Pacific Standard Time
Results
English live stream
French live stream
Video
Results & Videos thread
No Spoilers Videos thread

Starting #NameProgram Music SectionGroup #
1Alexandre SimardSP: Black Magic Woman by Santana
FS: Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi
QC1
2Loucas ÉthierSP: Guys and Dolls; Luck Be a Lady by Frank Sinatra
FS: Buon Giorno Principessa by Nicola Piovani from "La Vita è Bella" ; Theme (From "La Vita è Bella") by Marc Reift; Arriva Il Carro Armato by Nicola Piovani from "La Vita è Bella"
QC1
3Koen KucherSP: Patience by The Lumineers; Shots by Imagine Dragons
FS: Street. Horse. Smell. Candle. by Abel Korzeniowski from "Penny Dreadful"; Porz Goret by Yann Tiersen; Oceano by Roberto Cacciapaglia
SK1
4Max DenkSP: While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Get Back by The Beatles
FS: Who Wants to Live Forever? by Queen, performed by David Garett
ON1
5James Henri-SinghSP: Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra
FS: Jacket On, Jacket Off; Journey to the Spiritual Mountain; From Master to Student to Master by James Horner from "The Karate Kid"
QC1
6David BirinbergSP: Fanatico by Edvin Marton
FS: The 2nd Law: Unsustainable by Muse
ON1
7Justin HampoleSP: Buster's Big Opening by Cirque du Soleil from "Iris"
FS: Back to the Apple (Live at The Americana Hotel; 1991 Remastered Version) by Count Basie; I Ain't Got Nothing but the Blue by Woody Herman; Back to the Apple (Live at The Americana Hotel; 1991 Remastered Version) by Count Basie
BC/YK2
8Iliya KovlerSP: Je Pense à Toi by Patrick Fiori; Le Bien Qui Fait Mal from "Mozart, l'Opéra Rock", choreographed by Andrei Berenzintsev
FS: Selections from Carmen including Habanera composed by Georges Bizet
ON2
9Dawson NodwellSP: Leningrad by William Joseph
FS: The Death of Mercutio and Tybalt by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra by Nino Rota from "Romeo & Juliet"; Kissing You by Des'ree from "Romeo + Juliet"; Romeo and Juliet - The Balcony Scene by Paul Bateman, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra; O Verona by The City of Prague Philharomic Orchestra from "Romeo + Juliet"
AB/NT/NUN2
10Ehren ChangSP: I See Fire by Ed Sheeran
FS: Cascabel by Robert Rodriguez; Il Mercenario by Ennio Morricone
BC/YK1
11Jack DushenskiSP: Bolero for Violin and Orchestra by Vanessa-Mae, choreographed by David Wilson
FS: Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2 performed by Boris Berezovsky
ON2
12Graham SchaufeleSP: Opening from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" sound track; Victor's Deception Danny Elfman from "Corpse Bride"; Christmas Eve Montage, What is This from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" sound track
FS: Sergei Prokofiev Piano Concerto No. 1 in D-Flat Major, Op.10 perfromed by Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, Vladimir Ashkenazy
AB/NT/NUN2
13Brian LeSP: Simkhes Toyre Time by Itzhak Perlman, The Kelzmatics; Tati un mama Tants by Itzhak Perlman, Andy Statman; Doyna and Skotshma (Arr. Dov Seltzer) by Itzhak Perlman, Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, Dov Seltzer
FS: The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel, performed by Disturbed
BC/YK3
14Samuel TurcotteSP: I Won't Dance by Fred Astaire (District 78 Step Up 3D Remix)
FS: To Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra, choreography by Shawn Sawyer
QC3
15Matthew MarkellSP: Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra (Cee-Roo Remix)
FS: To Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra, choreographed by Allie Hann
ON3
16Bruce WaddellSP: Korobushka by Bond, choreographed by Mary Angela Larmer
FS: Thread of Desire; Black Butlers by Taku Iwasaki from "Kuroshitsuji II", choreographed by Mary Angela Larmer & Astrid Shrubb
ON3
17Corey CircelliSP: Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen peformed by Jeff Buckley
FS: La Bohème composed by Giacomo Puccini, choreographed by David Wilson
ON3
18Zoé Duval-YergeauSP: There Is a Place, Demimonde (Main Title) by Abel Korzeniowski from "Penny Dreadful", choreographed by Marie-France Dubreuil
FS: De glace by Pierre Lapointe, choreographed by Sébastien Wolfe
QC3
WDAlistair LamSP: The Rhythm of the Heat by Peter Gabriel
FS: Serenade by Isaac Stern
ON

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good luck to all the guys :cheer: , and I hope they have stronger performances in the free skate than in the SP.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Max Denk is in the lead after the first group.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Iliya Kovler is the current leader with a clean and stunning LP! :love: I was blown away when I saw his interpretation of "Carmen" at the SC Challenge in person (and that's saying a lot because I'm really sick of "Carmen" :p ), and his skating was even better tonight.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Am I only the one on GS who is watching this event? It's lonely on this thread...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I just came back. Surprised to see James Henri-Singh so low. He did better last year.

Go Jack!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Jack was aggressive! Wow, I've never seen him skate this way. Now this wasn't the best I've seen him skate but certainly this is the most hungry I've seen him skate. The SP must have lit a fire under his butt. Though I hope he cleans up his jumps - the tilt, the wildness...it all causes him trouble holding onto the landings. He can do it!

It's crazy that Jack was 4th last year. He's got another shot next year, I guess.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
OH man Graham goes down during the StSq! :eeking:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Surprised to see James Henri-Singh so low. He did better last year.

My memory's a little hazy, but I think he popped a few jumps. What I remember most about him from the Challenge is, unfortunately, not his performance, but the look of utter defeat and disappointment on his face and in his body language when he happened to sit next to me afterwards. :(

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I thought I imagined that gasp but now I think it was real? Man, what a tough night.

Yes, it was real, so you're not suffering from auditory hallucinations. ;) Or we're both crazy. :p

Although there were some rough patches, I'd say that relatively speaking, the free skate has been slightly better than the SP so far.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I must confess I thoroughly enjoyed Brian Le's SP and now he's put in a solid FS performance. Good for him. What is it about Disturbed's cover of The Sound of Silence that brings out the best in skaters?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Oh wth we're getting back to back FS to To Build A Home. :disapp:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
So Samuel is falling apart

I did wonder why he didn't move up to seniors when he won a bronze last year but I guess we have the answer

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh wth we're getting back to back FS to To Build A Home. :disapp:

The exact thing happened at the Quebec Summer Championships.

Poor Samuel---the freak fall, the pops, the failed spin... :eek:hwell:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Matt Markell significantly improved from last season when he was dealing with injury.

It may be harsh of me to say this but the thought crossed my mind, "If only the Canadian junior ladies could skate this content. They'd be competitive with the Koreans and most likely the Japanese junior ladies too."

:eek:hwell: