Body of Work Thank Yous | Golden Skate

Body of Work Thank Yous

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'll leave it to the mods to decide if this belongs here, but as the quad draws to a close I thought it would be a good idea to give thanks to the folks that keep me coming back to GS. Ultimately we're fans of a niche sport and sometimes information is not as readily available and we do not have friends to discuss competitions with. Yet, every time I login someone here is taking time out to educate us and to provide additional information. :clap:

I have learned so much even during heated arguments here. This is by no means comprehensive but I thought I would give it a shot.

gsk8: You make this possible with all of your hard work. There's a reason why I don't use other message boards but I keep coming back here.

Mrs. P: I am so grateful for all of the polls, charts, etc. and your ability to be perfectly kind and reasonable even when discussing things you may not like.

dorispulaski: Whether it's every competition thread being setup perfectly with easy to read information or just sharing your vast knowledge I so appreciate you.

Mathman: Your sense of humor and matter of fact analysis always lightens the mood. And you love Michelle so you have amazing taste.

Anyasnake: Ice dance is the most technical field and you spend so much time explaining all of the details. You ensure that we have more objective discussions!

NoNameFace and Skylark: I could read your analyses of skating programs for hours. I love how you capture the complexity and beauty of everything we see.

The Canadian crew (ancientpeas, Weakankles, SarahSynchro, 4everchan, etc): Thanks for all the laughs! I can guarantee I will have a good time if I see you guys on a competition thread.

gkelly: I learn something new about the world of skating or the judging system every time I read your posts. Thanks for expanding my horizons beyond the world of elite skating.

All of the sticklers for under rotations (you know who you are): Thank you for spending hours looking at those videos because it bores me to death but we need folks keeping the judges honest. :devil:

Beverly

Spectator
This may very well be the first time I've posted here, although I've been a regular lurker for years. I just have to say thank you to GGFan for putting into words what I, and I assume many others, feel about our time here. I'm 75 (today) and prior to finding this forum had been a fan since childhood but never had a person to share that passion with. I also knew nothing except what I heard from the commentators. Thank you all for your generosity. I truly appreciate you.

GGFan

Record Breaker
This may very well be the first time I've posted here, although I've been a regular lurker for years. I just have to say thank you to GGFan for putting into words what I, and I assume many others, feel about our time here. I'm 75 (today) and prior to finding this forum had been a fan since childhood but never had a person to share that passion with. I also knew nothing except what I heard from the commentators. Thank you all for your generosity. I truly appreciate you.

Happy birthday!! :hb: Thank you so much for posting! I didn't know if I was being ridiculous by starting the thread.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Thank you to Blades of Passion for not being afraid to call things out as they are and keep it real around here!
Thank you to CaroLiza_fan for organizing our predictions game and to all the scorers who dedicate their time into our fun game :)

TMC

Record Breaker

What an awesome first post!!! Happy birthday & welcome! :hb:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Wow! Happy birthday! And welcome to Golden Skate! Post often and post long!

And GG fan thank you for the kind words!

Last edited:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for this GGfan, it means a lot to me ! :hap85: I would like to thank you too for always bringing your insights during the dance commentary too and being so respectful. :agree:

It's not always easy finding people that can share the passion of the sport with you, no matter how much we can agree or disagree. Thank you to all the people in this forum who make it happen ! :yahoo:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am furious, just furious, that I have not been acknowledged for my body of work.

I will be appearing on the Today show to address this injustice, date and time to be announced.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am furious, just furious, that I have not been acknowledged for my body of work.

I will be appearing on the Today show to address this injustice, date and time to be announced.

Well I'll chime in!

TontoK, I appreciate your Cognitive Dissonance (in a good and healthy way) and debate, especially regarding my favorite skaters. ;) While I remain a fan, such discussion keeps me honest. :)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

And I'm a Canadian, too. Whah, whah, whah. I'll be crashing TontoK's interview to fight the "polite Canadian" stereotype.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Well I'll chime in!

TontoK, I appreciate your Cognitive Dissonance (in a good and healthy way) and debate, especially regarding my favorite skaters. ;) While I remain a fan, such discussion keeps me honest. :)

Yes, please keep the list going! As I mentioned, it is far from comprehensive.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I'm a Canadian, too. Whah, whah, whah. I'll be crashing TontoK's interview to fight the "polite Canadian" stereotype.

Well, come on with me, Nana! You strike me as a old-school broad who can give somebody a piece of her mind when she's ready to!

And, I mean every word of that in the BEST possible way.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I'll chime in!

Oh, Mrs. P! You are one of my very favorite people on the forum. And I know it's reciprocal, because you named your daughter "Tonto."

Well, at least her name starts with a "T" and we all know you did that to honor me.

And I love our discussions and little disagreements and many similar views... and most of all I love your passion for the sport and your organized way of thinking about things and backing up your points with data.

Although I still a bit miffed you would not break down my USNats men's prediction votes to the fourth decimal place. But I'm mostly over it because I went 2 for 3 on my prediction! Poor Max was my only miss.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Happy birthday, Beverly! You should post more often!

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I think Mr. Sam-Skwantch has an impressive body of work on these forums! A combination of a great sense of humor and smart and levelheaded comments (because I usually agree with them :laugh:).

šŸ‘

lyndichee

Medalist
Need to give a shoutout to Hailey Shin for all she does updating the South Korean Nationals threads. She posts news and results in such an organized and timely fashion, I am so grateful that she's here.

GGFan

Record Breaker
True oversight on my part: auser was the stream MVP during the GP season :bow:

When you're bleary eyed at 4am trying to watch Cup of China it's great that someone has your back and you're not scrambling for a stream.

Sam-Skwantch

ā€œI solemnly swear Iā€™m up to no goodā€
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Mr. Sam-Skwantch has an impressive body of work on these forums! A combination of a great sense of humor and smart and levelheaded comments (because I usually agree with them :laugh:).

šŸ‘

While Iā€™m quite humbled and appreciate the kind words I think the nomination Iā€™m most eligible for would be the Golden Shhhh Award:slink:

I love you guys here and thanks to everyone who puts up with me.

Donā€™t forget the always informative Ice Coverage !!!

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Thank you EVERYONE!!! For someone living in a country that basically refuses to acknowledge the existence of winter sports, this forum is a haven.
To the USA & CAN ppl especially - thank you so much for passing on your knowledge of skating, skaters, coaches, for sharing your first hand accounts & interactions, for discussing the progression from beginner to elite athlete, and of course for providing up to the minute news! ā˜ŗļø
To the non native English speakers - šŸ™Œ Your translations and insights into the world of skaters from ā€œforeignā€ countries is priceless. We would have no way of following their progress so closely were it not for your hard work. Thank you for everything!
The ā€œGolden Oldiesā€ - literally worth your weight in gold, you are. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and for allowing us to live some of the most iconic performances vicariously through your tellings.
Thank you to everyone for helping this sport be understood and enjoyed ā˜ŗļø