Fan Fest Requests | Golden Skate

Fan Fest Requests

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Chopinskate had a great idea for a fanfest requests thread so here it is. I was thinking that we could post threads that we'd love to see but might not be able to do, or use it as a sounding board for ideas, and then we can update the post once it's added.
So to kick it off:
Jimmy Ma (adopted by chopinskate)

I would love to see a FanFest for Pooja Kalyan :) but I have my hands full with two more orphans I'm currently adopting...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A great idea for a thread, indeed. :agree:

Thank you chopinskate and Spirals for Miles.

:bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Just to let you know, I am currently updating some of my existing Fan Fests in preparation for the European Championships next week. But, I do intend to have a new one for Anastasia Galustyan up by the time Europeans start. And another for Aleksandra Golovkina afterwards (she isn't on the provisional entry list at Europeans, so there is not the same urgency to get it up).

So, no need to request them.

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Diana Nikitina probably deserves her own fanfest by now. I started the Promising Latvian Skaters thread way back when Deniss, Angelina, & Diana were...promising, but then Deniss became a star, and Diana is on her way to the Olympics now & has been improving a lot under Stephane. Maybe a Team Champery thread too?

Yaroslav Paniot also deserves a thread since he has won Ukraine's Oly spot.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Seeing this thread reminded me of this post in the Japanese Nationals Ice Dance thread"
I'm really really tempted to start one for Komatsubara/Koleto!! But I'm not very active on GS in the first place :sad21:
But I'd really love to see more love for Japanese Ice Dance. I did notice too that the line-up of Ice Dancers between the 2016-17 and 2017-18 Nationals were very different!! Muramoto/Reed and Komatsubara/Koleto aside, there's no one else from 2016-17 who showed up in this season's competition. Orihara/Mori and Fukase/Tateno are fresh from Juniors. Iida/Ishibashi are probably a new team (I can't find any information on them). Hirai/De La Asuncion, Mori/Suzuki, and possibly Takahashi/Okuda have retired? It's pretty sad, in my opinion. I really hope the teams fresh from Juniors are inspired to keep on improving not just for themselves, but also for the state of ice dance in Japan.
I could maybe start a Japanese Ice Dance FF.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
siberia82 posted in the Canadian thread that Matthew Markell, the jr. men's Canadian champion, needs a fanfest

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Some ladies at Euros that don't have fanfests:
Micol Cristini, Fruszina Medgyesi (new 4 Nationals champion), Natasha McKay

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I know many of you don't follow the Russian skaters that aren't on the JGP so I'll take Anastasia Kostyuk

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Since the Canadian Nationals, I've been enjoying programs of Carolane Soucisse and Shane Firus! I think they have a bright future. I hope somebody makes a fan page for them.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Anyone want to do Diana Davis and Fedor Varlamov?
Diana is the daughter of Eteri Tutberidze and has been on the ice since she was 2 months old!!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Kamila Valieva, born 2006, is a talented up-and-coming Russian star who totally deserves a fanfest!
also: Pooja Kalyan has now placed at the Bavarian Open and secured the minimums for JWC...she would love one I bet!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Matteo Rizzo doesn't have a fan fest yet? The guy's competed about 300 times this season and done a great job...surely he deserves one!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Skaters at Worlds this year who don't have FanFests:

Ladies:
Alisa Stomakhina, Austria
Larkyn Austman, Canada
Amy Lin, Chinese Taipei
Eliska Brezinova, Czech Republic
Gerli Liinamae, Estonia
Elzbieta Kropa, Lithuania
Antonia Dubinina, Serbia
Natasha McKay, Great Britain

I'll do other disciplines later

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Men:
Slavik Hayrapetyan, Armenia
Larry Loupolover, Azerbaijan
Chi-i Tsao, Chinese Taipei
Nicholas Vrodljak, Croatia
Valter Virttanen, Finland
Paul Fentz, Germany
Abzal Rakimgaliev, Kazakstan
Donovan Carrillo, Mexico
Ihor Reznichenko, Poland
Javier Raya, Spain
Stephane Walker, Switzerland
Burak Demirboga, Turkey
Phillip Harris, Great Britain
Ivan Pavlov, Ukraine

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Pairs:
Sofia Karagodina / Seymon Stepanova (Azerbaijan)
Camille Ruest / Andrew Wolfe (Canada)
Annika Hocke / Ruben Blommaert (Germany)
Elizaveta Kashitsyna / Mark Magyar (Hungary)
Paige Connors / Evgenii Krasnopolski (Israel)
Miu Suzaki / Ryuichi Kihara (Japan)
Kim Kyu-eun / Alex Kangcham Kam (South Korea)
Ioulia Chtchetinina / Mikhail Akulov (Switzerland)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Men:

Javier Raya, Spain

Francisco Javier RAYA BUENACHE does actually have a Fan Fest, but it is within the Team Spain Fan Fest:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55343-Team-Spain&p=1210445&viewfull=1#post1210445

Incidentally, the same is the case with Marta Maria GARCÍA ORGE:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55343-Team-Spain&p=1165296&viewfull=1#post1165296

If you think it would help, I can move them out into their own threads.

And if you or anybody else would like to take on Javier Raya, let me know. Because I kinda ended up adopting him by accident. And I haven't really been giving him the attention he deserves.

CaroLiza_fan