Alysa Liu | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

Alaurynm

Rinkside
Does anyone think she might try a quad in competition next year? Also, is she moving up to juniors for next season?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Does anyone think she might try a quad in competition next year? Also, is she moving up to juniors for next season?

She will certainly be on the JGP next year. And maybe! She might be able to do well on the JGP without it, but considering she already attempted one this year, I think she'll probably attempt one at at least one comp next season!

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I hope Twitter is a fun place for her. But isn't she too young for Twitter? Twitter can be a very rough place.. :(

I'm afraid yes, some people on social media can be very mean, but hopefully these people will stay away from her. So far she seems to be having fun... mostly tweeting about doing gaming streams :biggrin:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm afraid yes, some people on social media can be very mean, but hopefully these people will stay away from her. So far she seems to be having fun... mostly tweeting about doing gaming streams :biggrin:

Yes she is having great fun and she should but when will the pressure start to kick in? I think she has a chance well let's take it one step at a time. I think Alysa has a chance to be a fantastic Junior next season and then go from there. But because she's an American Star she will get tons of media and exposure and I hope she can handle of all of the attention.

On a side note it's absolutely bizarre that she won senior Nationals at 13 but couldn't even skate on the junior circuit. Seeing Alysa Liu skate against 3A this past season would have made the juniors the most memorable Junior season ever. But it didn't happen. We will have to wait for that.

Will Alysa need her full arsenal of triple axles and quads for juniors? My guess is no. Since she's going to be in juniors for a couple seasons why should she do the maximum amount of triple axles and quads per program when she probably won't need the maximum to win?