Alysa Liu | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

GBs mom

Rinkside
New and lengthy interview with Alysa
https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...and-prix-final/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

She has been working with Carolina Kostner in order to prepare for the JGPF. They worked on skating skills and artistry.

Alysa also has changed her FS layout for the JGPF
The first 4 jumping passes are
3A+2T, 4Lz+3T, 4Lz, 3A

Thanks for posting this! I'm curious to see if she keeps the 3A combo in the short or decides it isn't worth it. She strikes me as someone who will go for it even if strategically risky.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I find it interesting that she's apparently planning to put the 3T at the end of the quad rather than the triple Axel.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Wow, Alysa is certainly an ambitious and competetive young lady :) with her being so mentally strong despite being so young I can see her pulling it off, good thing I've put her in first in my predictions :laugh:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I find it interesting that she's apparently planning to put the 3T at the end of the quad rather than the triple Axel.

Alysa is keeping the 3A+3T in her SP :)

I find it interesting as well mostly for the reason Lunalovesskating said.

Seems like it would be better to stick with getting the 3A+3T solid in both programs that work on learning to tack a 3T onto two different jumps.

Maybe they think that quads will be allowed in the SP for ladies by 2020 and are preparing?

Vemvane

On the Ice
She was such a delight to watch in the SP today - she is bubbly and energetic when skating that programme, and she has the most adorable smile. You can tell she really enjoys performing and skating, and my gosh, she looks very fast.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Great SP, Alysa! Yay. She was full of joy and skated clean. Also her coach asking her if she had fun was so adorable.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Alysa having her 3A/3T called clean - it was a bit borderline but they gave it to her. Ted said she made history today landing that combo!

Scott512

Record Breaker
This girl is America's great hope in ladies figure skating and I hope she can handle the pressure. I expect Alysa to win this event and Junior worlds. Also doing trixels as well as quads is a big advantage for her as a junior. It will be amazing to watch her grow as a performer in the next couple years. And she does not fear the Russian girls at all.Although I'm sure she respects them.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Just read in a post above she worked wit Carolina Kostner.... Wow!! A heavenly match.. may the collaboration continue!!

Mapuan

Rinkside
Her FS was a bit messy. She overrotated her first axel followed by a fall. Her quad lutz triple toe looks pretty solid. She should have downgraded her other quad to triple and get that positive GOEs.

I like the fact that she got second place. She hates losing and this will only drive her to strive harder. She was fighting those tears knowing she got second.

She knows her weaknesses and she's not in a bubble unlike other girls that are getting those PCs and GOEs even if they don't deserve it sometimes. This is actually beneficial to her in the long run.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
It was messy but she held on incredibly well and didn't zone out, fall apart or have a meltdown.

Very proud of her. It was rough lesson but one that certainly shows she's made of solid stuff!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I was rooting for Kamila, though I have to say I'm a bit sad for Alysa. She was that close. I hope this won't break her wonderful personality somehow. She is very needed in the figure skating world.

Decoder

On the Ice
I was rooting for Kamila, though I have to say I'm a bit sad for Alysa. She was that close. I hope this won't break her wonderful personality somehow. She is very needed if figure skating world.

Same here. I am glad that US has a strong skater like Alysa.