Alysa Liu | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Hi, I'm Alysa Liu and I won senior nationals while not even being junior-eligible :biggrin:

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Hi, I'm Alysa Liu and I won senior nationals while not even being junior-eligible :biggrin:

I don't know if they will give her the PCS but the podium is well within reach. Would be outstanding to see her and Ting skate clean programs and both end up on the U.S. podium- a new era of US ladies skating!!! Of course we just have to hope they are confident enough to skate clean. Go Alysa go!

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Also little side note, someone asked her on her IG stories who she considers her biggest US rival, she said she doesn't know... she only thinks of the Russian Juniors :0 ambitious!!

kimi492

Final Flight
Also little side note, someone asked her on her IG stories who she considers her biggest US rival, she said she doesn't know... she only thinks of the Russian Juniors :0 ambitious!!

I was cringing so hard reading some of those questions :palmf:
Please someone get this baby off the internet! [I understand she chose to answer these questions but no 13 year old should have to read some of this ignorant/dumb comments from strangers

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I was cringing so hard reading some of those questions :palmf:
Please someone get this baby off the internet

Some were very personal and odd. Particularly the ones about her mom. Felt bad for her a bit but ah well she handled it well.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I agree - she seems quite mature for her age though and handled those (too personal!) questions as well as anyone could

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
read all Alysa's story, Love her even more after reading them.:love::luv17:

She seems real down-to-earth and has lots of friends! That's impressive considering usually there's no time for friends while skating the way she does, but seems like she has some pretty funny buddies. So excited for her new programs! :yahoo:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Unfortunately for Alysa it seems that the senior age limit will be raised to 17 in the 2020-21 season. Assuming this goes through as expected, Alysa will not be eligible for the 2022 Olympics :( https://twitter.com/JeroenPrinsNL/status/996122256668577792

I don’t think the US will vote for it because of Alysa (they know. They know she’s the best choice for the Olympics currently)
And if the US doesn’t, it probably won’t pass. Japan and Russia won’t want it either.

Also: fanfest OP has been updated

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Hoping it won’t pass. 17?! - I could see the argument for possibly 16 - but 17 seems too old for a minimum age.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Alysa's fav jumps are lutz, flip and Axle. and least fav is loop. my type of girl;)

LOL as a skater my fav jump is the loop. :D But I do love a good lutz coming from other skaters, esp. Alysa! And wow about the senior age, but they should've made it something like 16 instead. Would have a higher chance of passing! And Alysa would make it!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
No, she wouldn't. She'd debut in 2021-2022 at age 15 (going on 16) because of her August birthday