Alysa Liu | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I thought of two possible layouts for Alysa...

Option 1: 3A is really stable
3A-3T
3A
3F
2A-1Lo-3S
-----
3Lz-3Lo
3Lz
2A

Option 2: Good 3A but not enough to do twice, with one in combination
3A
2A
3F-1Lo-3S
2A-3T
---
3Lz-3Lo
3Lz
3F

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I thought of two possible layouts for Alysa...

Option 1: 3A is really stable
3A-3T
3A
3F
2A-1Lo-3S
-----
3Lz-3Lo
3Lz
2A

Option 2: Good 3A but not enough to do twice, with one in combination
3A
2A
3F-1Lo-3S
2A-3T
---
3Lz-3Lo
3Lz
3F

It’s a good layout idea but I believe Alysa will backload at least 2/3 combos. She backloaded all of them last year, in fact every jump except 2a, so I don’t see her putting two combos in the non-bonus section [emoji846].

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
True, but I wanted to give her room to make the combos up especially because the 3Lz-3Lo she hasn't shown at all yet (and she might not even have it, I don't really know)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
True, but I wanted to give her room to make the combos up especially because the 3Lz-3Lo she hasn't shown at all yet (and she might not even have it, I don't really know)

She did attempt 3lz-3lo at Asian Trophy last year but I believe the loop was downgraded (https://youtu.be/JsfwQAdFp88). The one she did in practice at Asian Trophy, however looked much much closer(https://youtu.be/_k7SSbLoGVY) so she has worked on it! [emoji1303] ofc, she didn’t attempt it the rest of the season after that.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Hmm, well even if she didn't do it in competition, her having done it means that it's in practice. And they probably took it out to stabilize and put in this season... one can hope...

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
YESSSSS ALYSA!!! in fact, in the free, it was 3A+2T with positive GOE! (short was 3A with negative GOE) I think she went for it again in the free but she singled it... GREAT JOB ALYSA!!!!!!

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Does anyone know whether she is planning to compete at Asian Trophy this year?

If USFSA assigns her to it, I’m sure she will go. She would have to compete Adv. novice which has an array of technical limitations for her (only 3-2 allowed in short, no 3a’s allowed) but I see no reason why she wouldn’t take the opportunity, should USFSA present her with it.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I'm getting chills watching her FS. It seems she's really improved on her line and hand/upper body movements, some of those transitions after the jump landings were just ...WOW... I haven't seen that even in the senior ladies in a while :eeking:

Really hope the puberty monster is kind to her, this is truly a gem :pray:

And re-posting from the US Ladies thread, her FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JPwYERPJM (dat lutz entry tho <3)

and SP:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxmiwb4Io-I

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
lol at the hater tweets calling her axel UR. :rolleye:

She has a strong 3A now and the next step for her would be to add a spread eagle transition to 3axel. I truly believe her axel jump will only get stronger as she continues to grow.
I'd say scrap the quad jumps, but if she were to attempt one, go for a quad lutz since the 3lutz seems to be her strongest jump.

She is just simply brilliant. Her father Arthur and her team of coaches are doing such a fantastic job pacing her development. She has a very smart team of people behind her.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

She has a strong 3A now and the next step for her would be to add a spread eagle transition to 3axel. I truly believe her axel jump will only get stronger as she continues to grow.
I'd say scrap the quad jumps, but if she were to attempt one, go for a quad lutz since the 3lutz seems to be her strongest jump.

She is just simply brilliant. Her father Arthur and her team of coaches are doing such a fantastic job pacing her development. She has a very smart team of people behind her.

Agree 100%. I think besides the 3A, the best part about her is the packaging. She really is looking like she's heading towards having the *it* factor, especially in that FS.

MarinHondas

Final Flight

I feel like Alysa is pretty determined to get a quad based on what she has said on social media. She says she works on all the quads, including 4ltz. Hope she will add one by her JGP debut but I do agree, better to just focus on 3a for now!!!

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Agree 100%. I think besides the 3A, the best part about her is the packaging. She really is looking like she's heading towards having the *it* factor, especially in that FS.

She already has haters and she hasn't even reached the international junior scene, lol. She's really the only hope for the US so I think it's dumb not to give her ample support. People are saying oh, I don't pay attention to little girls, blah blah blah....excuse me, but who else is exactly doing what's she's doing? Who wants to watch Karen Chen bomb her combo over and over and skate to the same type of fiery music or blank paper wall Nagasu? Or Bradie getting underscored? Polina still healing and busy with college? Star Andrews is lovely but she needs to fix her toe jumps. Kaitlyn n. Failed to impress at Nationals. Who else, really? Nope. alysa reminds me of Mao Asada at the age of 12-13 when she was attempting the 3A. Alysa is a much stronger jumper than Mao was around the same age, not to take anything away from Mao, who was brilliant as well.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
She already has haters and she hasn't even reached the international junior scene, lol. She's really the only hope for the US so I think it's dumb not to give her ample support. People are saying oh, I don't pay attention to little girls, blah blah blah....excuse me, but who else is exactly doing what's she's doing? Who wants to watch Karen Chen bomb her combo over and over and skate to the same type of fiery music or blank paper wall Nagasu? Or Bradie getting underscored? Polina still healing and busy with college? Star Andrews is lovely but she needs to fix her toe jumps. Kaitlyn n. Failed to impress at Nationals. Who else, really? Nope. alysa reminds me of Mao Asada at the age of 12-13 when she was attempting the 3A. Alysa is a much stronger jumper than Mao was around the same age, not to take anything away from Mao, who was brilliant as well.

I would say Ting Cui is also promising. 180+ score at Jr. worlds with two clean skates(besides a fluke fall).

Hollymolly

Medalist
Alysa attended Broadmoor open. A little shakey at 3A landing but well done!
TES 43.26 PCS 27.74 / Total 71.00

Amef

Final Flight
Wow a shining US novice. US ladies future seems bright with this girl