Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Alysa Liu

Match Penalty

9 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    I don’t think the US will vote for it because of Alysa (they know. They know she’s the best choice for the Olympics currently)
    I can't believe they actually did vote for it

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinHondas View Post
    TSL says Alysa visited Orser to work on the 3a. ( minute 28:25) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgO_N4D3qRw
    Wow! That's exciting. :D

Orser: "Good work, Alysa. I'll see you in ~4 years when you're ready to wreck the senior stage."

#СердцемСЗагитовой / #TeamTutberidze Spirals for Miles's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I thought of two possible layouts for Alysa...

Option 1: 3A is really stable
    3A-3T
    3A
    3F
    2A-1Lo-3S
    -----
    3Lz-3Lo
    3Lz
    2A

Option 2: Good 3A but not enough to do twice, with one in combination
    3A
    2A
    3F-1Lo-3S
    2A-3T
    ---
    3Lz-3Lo
    3Lz
    3F

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    I thought of two possible layouts for Alysa...

Option 1: 3A is really stable
    3A-3T
    3A
    3F
    2A-1Lo-3S
    -----
    3Lz-3Lo
    3Lz
    2A

Option 2: Good 3A but not enough to do twice, with one in combination
    3A
    2A
    3F-1Lo-3S
    2A-3T
    ---
    3Lz-3Lo
    3Lz
    3F
    It’s a good layout idea but I believe Alysa will backload at least 2/3 combos. She backloaded all of them last year, in fact every jump except 2a, so I don’t see her putting two combos in the non-bonus section .

0 Not allowed!
    True, but I wanted to give her room to make the combos up especially because the 3Lz-3Lo she hasn't shown at all yet (and she might not even have it, I don't really know)

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    True, but I wanted to give her room to make the combos up especially because the 3Lz-3Lo she hasn't shown at all yet (and she might not even have it, I don't really know)
    She did attempt 3lz-3lo at Asian Trophy last year but I believe the loop was downgraded (https://youtu.be/JsfwQAdFp88). The one she did in practice at Asian Trophy, however looked much much closer(https://youtu.be/_k7SSbLoGVY) so she has worked on it! ofc, she didn’t attempt it the rest of the season after that.

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, well even if she didn't do it in competition, her having done it means that it's in practice. And they probably took it out to stabilize and put in this season... one can hope...

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know whether she is planning to compete at Asian Trophy this year?

3 Not allowed!

3 Not allowed!
    YESSSSS ALYSA!!! in fact, in the free, it was 3A+2T with positive GOE! (short was 3A with negative GOE) I think she went for it again in the free but she singled it... GREAT JOB ALYSA!!!!!!

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Does anyone know whether she is planning to compete at Asian Trophy this year?
    If USFSA assigns her to it, I’m sure she will go. She would have to compete Adv. novice which has an array of technical limitations for her (only 3-2 allowed in short, no 3a’s allowed) but I see no reason why she wouldn’t take the opportunity, should USFSA present her with it.

2 Not allowed!
    I'm getting chills watching her FS. It seems she's really improved on her line and hand/upper body movements, some of those transitions after the jump landings were just ...WOW... I haven't seen that even in the senior ladies in a while

Really hope the puberty monster is kind to her, this is truly a gem

And re-posting from the US Ladies thread, her FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JPwYERPJM (dat lutz entry tho <3)

and SP:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxmiwb4Io-I

1 Not allowed!
    Jackie Wong/rockerskating tweet about Alysa's 3A!

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/st...32600808493056

Match Penalty

2 Not allowed!
    lol at the hater tweets calling her axel UR.

She has a strong 3A now and the next step for her would be to add a spread eagle transition to 3axel. I truly believe her axel jump will only get stronger as she continues to grow.
    I'd say scrap the quad jumps, but if she were to attempt one, go for a quad lutz since the 3lutz seems to be her strongest jump.

She is just simply brilliant. Her father Arthur and her team of coaches are doing such a fantastic job pacing her development. She has a very smart team of people behind her.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz emerald View Post

She has a strong 3A now and the next step for her would be to add a spread eagle transition to 3axel. I truly believe her axel jump will only get stronger as she continues to grow.
    I'd say scrap the quad jumps, but if she were to attempt one, go for a quad lutz since the 3lutz seems to be her strongest jump.

She is just simply brilliant. Her father Arthur and her team of coaches are doing such a fantastic job pacing her development. She has a very smart team of people behind her.
    Agree 100%. I think besides the 3A, the best part about her is the packaging. She really is looking like she's heading towards having the *it* factor, especially in that FS.

Tripping on the Podium

4 Not allowed!

I feel like Alysa is pretty determined to get a quad based on what she has said on social media. She says she works on all the quads, including 4ltz. Hope she will add one by her JGP debut but I do agree, better to just focus on 3a for now!!!

Match Penalty

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ice View Post
    Agree 100%. I think besides the 3A, the best part about her is the packaging. She really is looking like she's heading towards having the *it* factor, especially in that FS.
    She already has haters and she hasn't even reached the international junior scene, lol. She's really the only hope for the US so I think it's dumb not to give her ample support. People are saying oh, I don't pay attention to little girls, blah blah blah....excuse me, but who else is exactly doing what's she's doing? Who wants to watch Karen Chen bomb her combo over and over and skate to the same type of fiery music or blank paper wall Nagasu? Or Bradie getting underscored? Polina still healing and busy with college? Star Andrews is lovely but she needs to fix her toe jumps. Kaitlyn n. Failed to impress at Nationals. Who else, really? Nope. alysa reminds me of Mao Asada at the age of 12-13 when she was attempting the 3A. Alysa is a much stronger jumper than Mao was around the same age, not to take anything away from Mao, who was brilliant as well.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    She already has haters and she hasn't even reached the international junior scene, lol. She's really the only hope for the US so I think it's dumb not to give her ample support. People are saying oh, I don't pay attention to little girls, blah blah blah....excuse me, but who else is exactly doing what's she's doing? Who wants to watch Karen Chen bomb her combo over and over and skate to the same type of fiery music or blank paper wall Nagasu? Or Bradie getting underscored? Polina still healing and busy with college? Star Andrews is lovely but she needs to fix her toe jumps. Kaitlyn n. Failed to impress at Nationals. Who else, really? Nope. alysa reminds me of Mao Asada at the age of 12-13 when she was attempting the 3A. Alysa is a much stronger jumper than Mao was around the same age, not to take anything away from Mao, who was brilliant as well.
    I would say Ting Cui is also promising. 180+ score at Jr. worlds with two clean skates(besides a fluke fall).

Medalist

5 Not allowed!
    Alysa attended Broadmoor open. A little shakey at 3A landing but well done!
    TES 43.26 PCS 27.74 / Total 71.00

2 Not allowed!
    Wow a shining US novice. US ladies future seems bright with this girl

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast