Alysa Liu | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

Fruitpie

On the Ice
Who wants to watch Karen Chen bomb her combo over and over and skate to the same type of fiery music or blank paper wall Nagasu?

Alysa is wonderful and inspiring, and I look forward to see her in the future. But was it really necessary to insult other girls? I want to watch Karen, and Mirai is anything but blank.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
The layout:
3A+2T
3A
--
3Lz+3T
3F-1Lo-3S
3Lo
3Lz
2A

I like it much more than Rika Kihira's layout, it's optimal. With this she can make quite a splash. It's too bad for her sake that she can't participate in juniors next season.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I wonder if she'll change her layout with the new rules or not... because as it is, only the 3Lo, 3Lz, and 2A are getting backloaded points starting in July, and she's capable of so much more :)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I wonder if she'll change her layout with the new rules or not... because as it is, only the 3Lo, 3Lz, and 2A are getting backloaded points starting in July, and she's capable of so much more :)

I am sure she will change it because her team is very strategic with her programs. Her coach has talked about matching their international rivals so I can't see her allowing these simpler(for her) jumps to be the ones getting the bonus :)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Also, I do hope, now that it's happened twice, her team re-evaluates how Alysa should do her second 3a in the program. Singling out is major points loss and I assume she singles because she can't re-focus quickly enough after the first one, understandably. Great to see her land another one today tho :)

frida80

Record Breaker
I thought it was the first three jumps in the second half get the bonus. Sigh... I have to read the rule book again.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Seems that Alysa attempted 3 different jumps at the Aerial challenge en route to becoming the champion. She landed a 3f-1/2lo-3sal, 3a-3t, and a 3a.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Last year, I correctly predicted that Bradie would be the national champion...
now I'm predicting that Alysa will be the US Ladies' Champion 2019 :)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
thanks for the update, really appreciate it. If you have video of it, please share:)

I got this info from Aerial Challenge’s twitter! I don’t have any videos but seems another user provided the 3a-3t :) (looking good btw! 3a seems clean, 3t a bit UR)

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't mean this to be critical because I think this kid is amazing, especially for how young she is, but do you think as she gets even stronger and more experienced her landing posture will improve? Her chest just seems a bit low to me when she lands, and if she's doing a combo she's having to really use her arms to get some momentum back. I don't know much about skating development, so I'm more just curious than anything else.

I think she has the potential to be a gem for US skating and I hope she continues to grow and excel. It'll be interesting to see how she fairs against Eteri's camp in the coming years.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I don't mean this to be critical because I think this kid is amazing, especially for how young she is, but do you think as she gets even stronger and more experienced her landing posture will improve? Her chest just seems a bit low to me when she lands, and if she's doing a combo she's having to really use her arms to get some momentum back. I don't know much about skating development, so I'm more just curious than anything else.

I think she has the potential to be a gem for US skating and I hope she continues to grow and excel. It'll be interesting to see how she fairs against Eteri's camp in the coming years.

Tbh I think (in general) her posture and lines are some of the best I've seen in 12-year-olds. There is no doubt it will get even better - and I definitely think it will contribute to a better landing posture too.

Zen98

Spectator
I would say Ting Cui is also promising. 180+ score at Jr. worlds with two clean skates(besides a fluke fall).
What about Elise freezer or something like that? The little girl who skated to Star wars. She looked promising too

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker

I personally would be more worried if it was more like Gubanova's...

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
What about Elise freezer or something like that? The little girl who skated to Star wars. She looked promising too

Elise's mother Jennifer (I believe it 's her mom) commented on one of Alysa Liu's videos that her father Arthur uploaded on youtube about how fabulous alysa is and that she's the future of US Figure skating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzrboKQ2UK8 someone asked if her daughter was still skating and she hasn't replied. But I agree, she looked promising, great skating skills, she just had that spark and fire and musicality in her. When she performed to Star Wars theme, the one with her arms all wrapped up like a mummy, in the juvenile competition, the group of girls that she competed against in that age group all looked promising as well ,I just cannot remember their names, I was only able to watch it because I actually purchased ICE NETWORK for that one season. There was this little girl with brunette and a boycut hair that looked like tinkerbell, she was so tiny, but so fast on the ice, and another girl named tammy something that was really sassy and just looked so bubbly with big jumps, I think the ones I just mentioned along with Elise podiumed at the juvenile competition that year, I think it was just a couple years ago or less, if anyone remembers or knows whom I'm talking about, awesome. But I wonder what became of them? I thought by now, I would see them in the novice ranks competing with alysa liu now.

edited to add: I found those girls...

from left to right, Juvenile Girls: Tamnhi Huynh, Madison Nguyen, Haley Scott, Elise Freezer http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/images/2017 Nationals/2017 US Nationals JvG Awards JVPF3509.JPG