USA TV times/dates/channels Olympic skating | Golden Skate

USA TV times/dates/channels Olympic skating

Hello,

I need some pretty immediate help. I need to secure some dates off for work so I can enjoy watching some Olympic skating events. My job asks for a month's notice to take time off. I need accurate times/dates/channels when skating is going to be broadcast in the United States. I have seen one site where some info is posted but I don't know if this is Korea time or what........?

I don't want to ask for a bunch of days off only to find out that the event won't be until the next night as Korea is a day ahead of us......I just got cable TV for a limited time so I could watch the Olympics. Any help of steering me in the right direction would be most appreciated.

:love: Many thanks!

Manitou

Medalist
If you don't want cable then all major skating events are available on NBC Sports app. The app is available on Apple TV (that's what I am using), but I guess it's also available on other devices.
If you want to watch live events then there is Olympic Channel. You have it ether through a TV provider (I use Comcast XFinity ), or you can get it via an online streaming provider. The best platform is Youtube TV.
Here is link to more information. It's ski racing oriented, but it applies to figure skating too.
https://www.skiracing.com/premium/how-i-subscribed-to-the-olympic-channel

If you don't mind cable then it's even easier, as XFinity offers NBC Sports and Olympic Channel. They cover basically all major figure skating competitions.

As to exact times this forum is providing very good information in the "2017-18 Figure Skating Competitions and Events" section.

I want to also add that Youtube TV is offering unlimited cloud DVR space, so you can record all events and watch it later.

I do have cable now, but the package doesn't include the Olympic channel. I do get NBCSN and of course NBC. I'll try the link you gave and look for USA dates and times of events. I just have two more days to get in my time-off requests for my job. Thanks for replying.

Manitou

Medalist
I do have cable now, but the package doesn't include the Olympic channel. I do get NBCSN and of course NBC. I'll try the link you gave and look for USA dates and times of events. I just have two more days to get in my time-off requests for my job. Thanks for replying.

Check your provider's packages to see if there is access to Olympic Channel in one of them. If not then you can access Olympic Channel via Youtube TV, as it is described in the quoted link.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hello,

I need some pretty immediate help. I need to secure some dates off for work so I can enjoy watching some Olympic skating events. My job asks for a month's notice to take time off. I need accurate times/dates/channels when skating is going to be broadcast in the United States. I have seen one site where some info is posted but I don't know if this is Korea time or what........?

I don't want to ask for a bunch of days off only to find out that the event won't be until the next night as Korea is a day ahead of us......I just got cable TV for a limited time so I could watch the Olympics. Any help of steering me in the right direction would be most appreciated.

:love: Many thanks!

Caveat that (AFAIK) Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA is *not* broadcasting wall-to-wall coverage of Olympic figure skating.

(Far from it.)

I'll be staying home (USA, Mountain Standard Time zone). I hope to find a grid of some sort with dates/times for my zone. Only have NBC and NBCSN at my home. Thanks for any help anyone.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I do not know where you are located, but here are the times for the team event. The timeanddate webpage gives you the time in 11 other places. This helps with knowing when the live event is, but less help for when it is broadcast.

This link gives the scheduled times for all skating events.
https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/schedule

Here's the team event schedule. The individual events are after the team event.

Team Event Session 1
Gangneung Ice Arena
Feb. 9, 2018, 10:00-13:30 KST UTC+9
Men’s Single Short Program
Pairs Short Program​

Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...&p7=195&p8=141&p9=286&p10=265&p11=240&p12=364

Team Event Session 2:
Gangneung Ice Arena
Feb. 11, 2018, 10:00-14:40 KST UTC+9
Ice Dance Short Dance
Women’s Single Short Program
Pairs Free Skating​

Time in other places:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...&p7=195&p8=141&p9=286&p10=265&p11=240&p12=364

Team Event Final Session
Gangneung Ice Arena
Feb. 12, 10:00-13:25 KST UTC+9
Men’s Single Free Skating
Women’s Single Free Skating
Ice Dance Free Dance​

Time in other places:

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
So if I take off February 23, I'll be able to see the ladies free skating on TV here in the USA? :pray:

thanks!

All of the skating events are scheduled to be live during evening hours in the U.S. (starting at 8 p.m. Eastern). If you work a daytime-hours job, you might not need to take any time off.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
What day is the ladies fs scheduled? Friday night? Saturday night? I’m on Eastern time in the USA. Thanks!

EDITED to adjust all dates with the correct conversion.

The women's final is Thursday night 2/22; short program is 2/20.
Men: 2/15 & 2/16
Pairs: 2/13 & 2/14
Dance: 2/18 & 2/19
Team: 2/8 & 2/10 & 2/11

All START in Korea at 10 a.m. (except 10:30 a.m. for pairs FS & 9:30 a.m. for gala), which is 8 p.m. Eastern. So the top groups won't be on until about 10 p.m. Eastern. Very likely, "regular" NBC will go back & forth between skating and other sports. To see ALL programs, you will have to watch NBC Olympics online or one of the NBC cable channels, such as Olympic and/or NBCsn. Or an international stream, if you can find one that isn't blocked in U.S.

corinthia

Rinkside
The women's final is Friday night 2/23; short program is 2/21.
Men: 2/16 & 2/17
Pairs: 2/14 & 2/15
Dance: 2/19 & 2/20
Team: 2/9 & 2/11 & 2/12

All START in Korea at 10 a.m. (except 10:30 a.m. for pairs FS & 9:30 a.m. for gala), which is 8 p.m. Eastern. So the top groups won't be on until about 10 p.m. Eastern. Very likely, "regular" NBC will go back & forth between skating and other sports. To see ALL programs, you will have to watch NBC Olympics online or one of the NBC cable channels, such as Olympic and/or NBCsn. Or an international stream, if you can find one that isn't blocked in U.S.

I don't think that's right! For example, ladies free is 10am Friday in Korea, right? So for Eastern time, I think that would be 8pm Thursday. KST is 14 hours ahead of EST. I think.

I'm not any kind of expert, just trying to figure it out like everybody else, so please let me know if I'm getting this wrong !

ice_tulip

On the Ice
I don't think that's right! For example, ladies free is 10am Friday in Korea, right? So for Eastern time, I think that would be 8pm Thursday. KST is 14 hours ahead of EST. I think.

I'm not any kind of expert, just trying to figure it out like everybody else, so please let me know if I'm getting this wrong !

That's correct. If ladies free is 10am on Friday in Korea, that would be 8pm Thursday in US Eastern time, 7pm central, 6pm mountain time.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't think that's right! For example, ladies free is 10am Friday in Korea, right? So for Eastern time, I think that would be 8pm Thursday. KST is 14 hours ahead of EST. I think. I'm not any kind of expert, just trying to figure it out like everybody else, so please let me know if I'm getting this wrong !

You're right; I looked at the grid & converted time, but forgot the date. So ALL events would be shown one calendar date earlier in the U.S. I edited my original post; thanks.

corinthia

Rinkside
I'll be staying home (USA, Mountain Standard Time zone). I hope to find a grid of some sort with dates/times for my zone. Only have NBC and NBCSN at my home. Thanks for any help anyone.

Try this, shows all dates and times of all olympic figure skating events except the exhibition gala:

http://results.nbcolympics.com/results?sport_id=217&date=-1

Make sure when using that site to not use dates that don't have a time zone! For example, below is an illustration of how the first few lines are shown on my system. Notice the first few events are listed under a Feb 9 header, but the times on the left make clear that this will be 2/8 in ET.

------------------------------------------------------
Friday, Feburary 9
2/8
8:00 PM Team Event Men's Short Program
ET
2/8
9:45 PM Team Event Pairs' Short Program
ET
Sunday, Feburary 11
2/10
8:00 PM Team Event Short Dance
ET
2/10
9:45 PM Team Event Ladies' Short Program
ET
2/10
11:40 PM Team Event Pairs' Free Skate
ET

Thanks to all who helped with this puzzle. I appreciate your time and effort toward helping us dazzle our eyes and mark the occasion by being prepared. Hope your days are great!

zara one

Spectator
Does anyone have or know what is considered the definitive TV schedule? Some that I look at look like NBCSN may be showing more skaters during the individual events and then some others show other sports on NBCSN during those times. (All the schedules are generated by NBC in some way). What gives? I would love to be able to see all the skaters and not just the Americans and medal contenders as NBC usually shows in Primetime.

icetug

Medalist
I think that would be 8pm Thursday.
So you will know the results day before the rest of the world? Lucky you! Hope you share them ;)
(I'm sorry, just couldn't resist. In fact I envy you as I will have to wake up at 2 am to follow OG stream).